VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. Hi Noki,

Any ideas/suggestions ??

"
    I tried out this guide but got stuck while using the DVD Fab. Here's what I did so far:

(1) Rip all files
    (2) Used DVD Shrink to back up as per instructions.
    (3) Opened DVDFab to create video manager. I get the error message
    "VTS_01_0.IFO is missing! Function aborted."

Any ideas anyone.

Also while using the DVD Shrink, how do you identify the VTS_xx.IFO of the main movie. I have the following files in the folder: VTS_01_0.IFO to VTS_07.0.IFO. I chose the VTS_02_0.IFO as it contained the whole movie(?)

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks."
    Quote Quote  
  2. Here is an easy and better alternative...

1) Intervideo DVDCopy Platinum v1.2
    2) DVD-Region Free v3.2 (needed to get by the CSS-encryption)

I have found Intervideo DVDCopy Platinum to be the best program at doing a complete backup of a DVD. It can compress a DVD-9 DVD to a DVD-5 DVD-/+R with excellent quality. All the menus are included. I can't tell the difference in quality between the DVD-/+R and the original DVD.

I usually don't plug programs, but this program is too great. Oh yea, it can also convert DVD's to VCD, SVCD, DivX, and M-DVD (Mulitiple DVD's on 1 DVD).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by bappida69
    Hi Noki,

Any ideas/suggestions ??

"
    I tried out this guide but got stuck while using the DVD Fab. Here's what I did so far:

(1) Rip all files

Any ideas anyone.

Also while using the DVD Shrink, how do you identify the VTS_xx.IFO of the main movie. I have the following files in the folder: VTS_01_0.IFO to VTS_07.0.IFO. I chose the VTS_02_0.IFO as it contained the whole movie(?)

Thanks."
    The best way to identify the main movie is in dvddecryptor not in dvdshrink. Open up dvddecryptor and select file mode and it will automatically display just the main movie make note of what it says then click on edit and select "select all" and rip the movie. You will notice that not all DVD's have the main movie in the VTS_01_0.IFO set as a matter of fact most movies don't that is why your getting the VTS_01_0.IFO is missing! Function aborted ERROR,
    SO what ever it is for example:
    VTS_07_0.IFO
    VTS_07_1.VOB
    VTS_07_2.VOB
    VTS_07_3.VOB
    VTS_07_4.VOB
    You must change the all the apropriate numbers in the ripped files to read 01 in this case it would be the number 07 and the new files should read like this
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB
    Once you have done this then you can go ahead in dvdfab and select
    Create video manager(VIDEO_VTS.IFO) after you have done this you should also click on correct dvd sectors
    Rodney
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Slumpey
    Here is an easy and better alternative...

1) Intervideo DVDCopy Platinum v1.2
    2) DVD-Region Free v3.2 (needed to get by the CSS-encryption)

I have found Intervideo DVDCopy Platinum to be the best program at doing a complete backup of a DVD. It can compress a DVD-9 DVD to a DVD-5 DVD-/+R with excellent quality. All the menus are included. I can't tell the difference in quality between the DVD-/+R and the original DVD.

I usually don't plug programs, but this program is too great. Oh yea, it can also convert DVD's to VCD, SVCD, DivX, and M-DVD (Mulitiple DVD's on 1 DVD).
    The title of this thread contains the words "EASY and FREE" while your way might be easy it is definitely not free and as far as your method being a better alternative, well that would be in the eye of the beholder. I have tried Intervideo DVDCopy Platinum on several occasions and found it to be a bit buggy not to mention I would be hard pressed to find a better transcoding engine than whats in dvdshrink or even dvd2one. I still prefer dvd2one over dvdshrink but the method here is a nice FREE and EASY way to keep the menus and not all the extras so I might be tempted to use shrink more often
    Rodney
    Quote Quote  
  5. I made some pics but Rodfuji68 was faster

No need to rip all files. Select main movie and add the 0 VTS (menu)

Rename files to 1.

Create VideoManager

Load it to DVD Shrink
    You stop me again whilst I'm walking and I'll cut your fv<king Jacob's off.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks a bunch Rodfuji68 and Tompika!!

Followed your suggestions to the max. I was able to create the video manager and also load it in DVD Shrink. But the menus did not appear, only the movie was there. The menu showed a file size of 1 MB only. As expected, the extras was no longer there. But shouldn't the menu be present?? I selected the main movies and added the 0 VTS (menu)
    Tompika, in your screenshot, there were three files created by DVD Fab, but I had 4 files created. These are VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VTS_01_0.BUP and VTS_01_0.IFO fles.

Any help is more than welcome.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks a bunch Rodfuji68 and Tompika!!

Followed your suggestions to the max. I was able to create the video manager and also load it in DVD Shrink. But the menus did not appear, only the movie was there. The menu showed a file size of 1 MB only. As expected, the extras was no longer there. But shouldn't the menu be present?? I selected the main movies and added the 0 VTS (menu)
    Tompika, in your screenshot, there were three files created by DVD Fab, but I had 4 files created. These are VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VTS_01_0.BUP and VTS_01_0.IFO fles.

Any help is more than welcome.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by bappida69
    Hi all,

(1) Rip all files

Any ideas anyone.

Thanks.
    Hi bappida69, you can simply rename VTS_02*.* to VTS_01*.* first before running DVDFab.
    Quote Quote  
  9. As Peter McCall from Club.CDFreaks pointed out, the DVDShrink/DVDFab method contains a flaw in that if you choose anything that is not included in the rip from the Menu, the DVD player will freeze.

I have a new way of retaining the menu by combining the features of DVDShrink and CloneDVD:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73606&perpage=25&pagenumber=2
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi Kranji, thanks for the response. I renamed the files, but landed up with the following situation!

"Followed your suggestions to the max. I was able to create the video manager and also load it in DVD Shrink. But the menus did not appear, only the movie was there. The menu showed a file size of 1 MB only. As expected, the extras was no longer there. But shouldn't the menu be present?? I selected the main movies and added the 0 VTS (menu)
    Tompika, in your screenshot, there were three files created by DVD Fab, but I had 4 files created. These are VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VTS_01_0.BUP and VTS_01_0.IFO fles. "

Any help is welcome.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  11. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kranji
    As Peter McCall from Club.CDFreaks pointed out, the DVDShrink/DVDFab method contains a flaw in that if you choose anything that is not included in the rip from the Menu, the DVD player will freeze.
    that's why Menuedit is such a great addition to your DVDBackup tools collection as you would just disable the buttons you don't need

although it's not free, I guess it's cheaper to buy Menuedit than CloneDVD
    Quote Quote  
  12. bappida69
    Are you sure you ripped
    VTS_0x_0.IFO
    VTS_0x_0.VOB

Cold you post some screenshots?
    Quote Quote  
  13. bappida69
    as you have found out not all main movies are of the VTS_01_xx variety. simply rename all the files that Shrink produced to VTS_01_xx, point to the VIDEO_TS FOLDER of these remaned files in Fab and it will work. good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hi Tompika,

The first screen shot showing the main movie files. 1.jpg[/img]
    Quote Quote  
  15. Sorry about the post. I was unable to provide screen shots..I will try again
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hi Tompika. Here is the first screen shot selecting the main movie files only.

The second shot is after seelcting the VTS_02_0.VOB

These are the files created after DVD Fab operations.

Finally, while opening the DVD Shrink, this is what I get:

Any ideas, anyone as to why I am not getting the full menu.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes bappida69, I know what you need to do. You MUST select ALL FILES in file mode in Decryptor or just highlight all the files. Either way will work and then use DVD Shrink to open the files and simply click the backup button then use your burning software to do the whole movie. I do backups of all my movies this way and each is just like the original disc when finished. I use DVD shrink 3.0 beta too BTW and that has an option which may improve video quality but takes a little longer. Again, rip ALL the files in file mode and you will have what you are looking for.

Quote Quote  
  18. Hi Pyrate83, I too use the same method you specified for backing up DVDs. However, I am trying to use the guide here for backing the movie and menus only. The DVD Shrink by itself does not provide this feature.

Thanks for the response. Any help is welcome.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well if you just want the menus and the movie only you will still have to rip all the files in file mode. After ripping all the files when you open shrink, it will show menus, extras, and the main movie and all should have automatic compression already done to 'em. Now just re-author it and you should be able to just choose the menus and the movie and nothing else. Back it up then and create an image for burning or something similar. However, I would just do the entire disk, menus, extras and bonus feat., and the main movie of course. That's just my opinion though.

hope this helps
    Quote Quote  
  20. I doesn't matter if you rip a 100 files.
    In this case the second titleset (VTS 02) doesn't contain the menu
    See the VTS_02_0.VOB is only 114KB?

You can rip all the files and open the VTS02 in DVD Shrink but you won't have the menu you want.
    You'e gonna have to do the old way and use still pictures ...
    Quote Quote  
  21. Thanks for the response Tompika. How do I ascertain which titleset contains the menu??
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hi, this is the screenshot for the other files. How can I identify the menu files.

Thanks.

Quote Quote  
  23. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The menu's are always the VTS_0x_0.VOB's (VIDEO_TS.VOB also)

menu's can play VOB's from any VTS on the DVD and not just the same Titleset

in your case bappida69, it looks like VTS_01_0.VOB will contain your main menu yet your movie is in VTS_02_x.VOB's
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning. Please don't hijack topics and ONE post is enough.
    / Moderator Baldrick
    Quote Quote  
  25. @deep_FXP
    This thread is not about DVDXCopy and the Plextor708.

noki has found out a method so we can put the main movie and its menu
    the easy and free way if they are in the same Video TitleSet (VTS).
    As we can see not all the DVDs can be ripped using this method.

See the size difference (highlighted files)?
    PATIPATHNIAURWOH---------------------------------MATRIX
    Quote Quote  
  26. MATRIX : the main movie and its menu (110MB) in the same TitleSet so the trick works

PATIPATHNIAURWOH : the VTS_0x_0.VOB is only 1MB. The menu is in the first titleset (VTS 01) as MackemX said

Sorry, bappida69, this method works on most but not all
    Quote Quote  
  27. Sigh, you can't win them all, I guess!! Thanks for your responses, guys. Another time, another DVD!!

Just a doubt, as MacameX mentioned "in your case bappida69, it looks like VTS_01_0.VOB will contain your main menu yet your movie is in VTS_02_x.VOB's". Can I rename the VTS_01_0.VOB to VTS_02_0.VOB and continue with the decryption?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by bappida69
    Just a doubt, as MacameX mentioned "in your case bappida69, it looks like VTS_01_0.VOB will contain your main menu yet your movie is in VTS_02_x.VOB's". Can I rename the VTS_01_0.VOB to VTS_02_0.VOB and continue with the decryption?
    Its not the VTS_01_0.VOB but the VTS_01_1.VOB

I don't think you can do it. The VTS02 IFO won't match to the different VOB.
    You're gonna have to use IFO Edit.
    You can find very good guides on MackemX's site
    Quote Quote  
  29. How come you have to use DVDDecrypter first to rip the files, instead of just opening the Movie file (VTS_01_0.IFO or VTS_02_0.IFO) in DVDShrink directly?

You use DVDFab to create the video manager after using DVDShrink?
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I followed this guide to conserve the menu system and the main movie files. I did the following.

Use DVDdecrypter to get main move and the vts_xx_0 (menu system).
    I did that and decrypted the files.

Then I used DVDFAB to make a file manager via the VTS file.
    That completed and left me with only one step left.

Open DVDshrink (2.3 in my case) open files. The files load movie plays in the preview screen menu and all. So, I backup the files 18min later it finishes. So, I load up Nero (6.0.0.19) DVD > DVDvideo > no joliet > finalize DVD. Click on 'New' the nero explorer comes up I copy over the BUP, IFS, and VOB files to the video_ts folder. Click burn 1x 15min later put it in my standalone player and it doesn't plat it says DVD and PAL (My DVD player is NTSC and so is the original I'm backing up). I thought it might be my player so I tried a newer Sony standalone, and nothing.

Then I came into work loaded the DVD into my bosses laptop and it loads plays the move but no menus!!!!!

Can anyone help me!
    Total Dew U points : 392 0 pending

-(PC)- (for sale!!!)
    GA-K8vt800(Pro)
    AMD 64 3200+
    1280mb DDR400
    120GB SATA
    20GB EIDE
    DVR-A06 FW 1.07

-(XBOX)-
    Looking for a X2.3pro modded box...
    PM if you have one FS