VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I read a recent poster that was having problems encoding SVCD with TMPGEnc from a Xvid avi, I am having a similar problem but with different errors so I thought I send this request for help. I have done the Virtual Dub thing and saved the audio as separate files, I have also checked the video for errors finding none. When I go into TMPGEnc and start to "source range" the film into CDR sized parts I get an error message when exiting the source range module saying something about error writing to the xxxxx in xxxx.dll or something like that. When I try to start the encoding process TMPGEnc stops immediately displaying an error message saying "The error occured when ACM was initialized", when I press OK nothing more happens. I can watch the movie both in Windows media player and Divxplayer so I believe I have all the right codecs installed. I also tried to encode another Divx avi and it works so I don't think there is something wrong with my TMPGEnc, version 2.512 Plus by the way. If anyone could shed some light on this I would be very greatful, I would also appreciate tips on other good encoders to convert this XviD to SVCD. Thanks in Advance-Lars
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hello Lars,
    Although you can play the file in Windows Media Player I would still check the file out in avicodec to make sure you have the proper codecs installed. Also you will need the latest version of virtual dub or the ac3 acm decompressor plugin (for older versions) to save a proper wav file. The decompressor is available in the tools section.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello there,

Thanks for quick reply! I have checked the folder in avicodec and it looks like everything is supported. I had Virtual dub 1.5.6 and the most recent version is1.5.7 I guess, have downloaded it and will try with it instead. Let you know what happens. Thanks agian-Lars
    Quote Quote  
  4. AC3 audio, take your audio to headac3he and convert it then use it as the source file for the audio.
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear All,

Thanks again for help! Strange things happen... I downloaded the latest version of Virtualdub as well as Headac3e. Tried to "convert" the source avi to MP2 as per Doom9's guide with Headac3e but got the same result as before when trying to run encoding in TMPEGnc. Installed the latest version of Virtualdub and ran the audio decompression again. Fired up TMPEGnc again and got the same error message when pressing source range, the error message reads "Write error occured at address 77F83AED of module 'ntdll.dll' with 00000000." I press OK and try to start encoding, the same error message comes up again, I press OK and the wizard closes down and I am back at TMPEGnc's main window. I press start and what would you know the analyzing starts! (and I hope it will be followed by encoding ) I'll now have to wait 3 hours and see what comes out of this. Any thoughts? By the way I don't think my Xvid source has AC3 sound, looks like 2 ch stereo only when I look at the Video information in Virtualdub. Thanks again-Lars
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Fist off, thank you very mucy everyone who took time looking at my problem! Secondly I must admit this was a case of not having RTFM properly. I looked over the Doom9 guide for Virtula Dub again and to my horror I saw that I have forgotten one step. I did not change the Mhz to 44100 in the Audio conversion step before saving the sound as a wave. After doing this it worked like a charm without any error messages at all. Thanks any way and I am sorry for having taken up your time unecessarily. Best regards-Lars
    Quote Quote