VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm looking for a bargain. I need to capture my old videos again (because I just founbd out the edited ones are out of sync! ). Well, now I own a MicroDV so it won't help much.

Do you know if there is something I can use to transfer them to my PC?, do I need a camcorder? I', thinking buying one on ebay, the cheapest one to do the job (around 100-150).
    Quote Quote  
  2. Bummer - I am doing a bunch of 8MM DVDs - but I bought a Sony TRV350 Digital 8 for the job - $450 at best buy - also does firewire inout to PC.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to buy something used, for around $100 to $150. i'm watching some on ebay, so I hope I can get something cheap.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Cannon has a couple of new HI8 models that should run $150-$170. I picked one up on a clearance rack for under $150.
    Quote Quote  
  5. disturbed1, where did you find the canon camera for $150?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It was the ES75 which was on clearance for under $150 at Meijers. Of course sold out now.

Really a great buy. I compared it to my uncles "cheap" $450 miniDV camera, and there wasn't any video quality difference between the two, the miniDV cam did have better audio. MiniDV is easier to transfer though.

Here's one for $169.
    http://store.yahoo.com/etronics4less/caeshi8cawic.html
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm really looking for a digital8 camera, also must be compatible with hi8. Do you know another brand besides sony, that sells D8 camcorders?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jgandara
    I'm really looking for a digital8 camera, also must be compatible with hi8. Do you know another brand besides sony, that sells D8 camcorders?
    Hitachi, and Samsung also have D8 models.

Cheapest I've seen is a Sony DCR-TRV140 for $260.

A bit pricey, but this is a good solution too
    http://electronic.mainseek.com/P-B00006JQQ6-SONY-Digital-8mm-Video-Walkman.html
    Quote Quote