VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was wandering if anyone knows of software that can edit metadata of avi files.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I am sorry, I was a little unclear about what I am asking. This is the information that I wan't to edit:
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Laraine_Mae View Post
    Wow....Congrats...that post gets you idiot grave-robber of the DECADE. You dig up an 8 year old post for that nonsense?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    He's a spammer, Heck. We ban these idiots off our website all the time. They Google and get hits and respond with a link to sell you something. I reported it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Yeah! One with patience.

OP probably already downloaded this one (years ago) ...

https://www.videohelp.com/tools?toolsearch=abcavi&Submit=Search&convert=&s=&orderby=Name&hits=50

Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Originally Posted by Laraine_Mae View Post
    Wow....Congrats...that post gets you idiot grave-robber of the DECADE. You dig up an 8 year old post for that nonsense?
    Did you miss this monkey ?

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/275456-Encoding-MKV-s-to-DVD-s?p=2077704&viewfull=1#post2077704

Not as old but probably worse because of his stupid reason for posting to it!!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure why the caustic responses, whatever makes you happy... Anyway I'm not a spammer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Laraine.... why on earth did you respond to an 8 year old post? As I said, on the forum I mod on we constantly get spammers that enter a Google search word and respond to the resulting links that look like a free forum and they post a link to their sales website. We remove at least 5-10 a week. Most of them come in on old threads.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just came from a forum where some dood dug up a 9 year old post...I think they've searched for an answer then miss the OP's post date - an honest mistake.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Where is the fork ?!?!?!

Cause i think it's DONE!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    lol this thread is so old and people in 2011 commenting on people in 2003. Guess what I tested the spammers thing abcavi and it seems to work fine inside sandboxie. I just wanted to let you know, even old threads are useful to the right person looking for a certain thing. Thanks guys.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Just want to say a huge thank you to @Laraine_Mae for the link to http://abcavi.kibi.ru/?abcavi_1.8.1.129
    It is the only thing I have found that can easily edit the creation date for AVI files, and I found it because of your reply on this thread.

I 200% agree with MCPoopyPants, this forum seems insanely vile, and I literally could not believe my eyes seeing the replies in this thread.

Enjoy yourselves
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Do we get pissed when you don't follow our rules? Yes. Rightfully so.

One of our prime rules here is to NOT graverob unless truly necessary.

Was it necessary in 2011 to add that bit about abcavi? No, because in 2010 a similar but not outdated request had already received the same response. So anyone doing an actual search on metadata editing would have also come upon the other thread as well.

We welcome new users who follow our rules. But don't be surprised if criticized for not doing so and then whining about it.

Scott
    Quote Quote