VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, I'm trying to get my Canon ZR70MC to pass-though an A/V signal to my PC. As far as I know I have it set up correctly, but I'm having a couple problems.

While I was able to use VirtualDub for captures from my ATI AIW< when I try using VirtualDub for this it chokes saying there is no driver.

If I use the native Windows support (like MovieMaker) I have no problem seeing the image, but there is no sound. I've gone though the audio settings to no avail.

I have WindowsXP and have the camcorder hooked up via FireWire though my Audigy FireWire port. (it's the high speed model port) The camera is set to do A-D and use video input. The video signal comes though no problem, but I can't get any sound out of it. The cable connecting the external sound is a combo cable which includes the video.

The drivers seem installed correctly as the system recognises the device when connected. Just no sound.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Savant
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How have you connected the audio from your source to your camcorder? What do you mean by a combo cable? You will have video and audio (or two audio if stereo) from your source which need to be connected to the video and audio inputs on your camcorder.
    Quote Quote