VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there anybody out there who owns the same model? Did somebody try cdrdao with this model?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I have this drive

Both Nero and CDRDAO work fine on it.

Funnily enough, Adaptec Ez CD Creator (the software shipped with the drive) buffer under-runs about 50% of the time.

Crappy bit of software anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Dave
    Thanks. What OS are you using? I'm using WinME but can't make cedrdao to work with my drive. I have installed the new ASPI. But it didn't help. What driver do you use with cdrdao? generic-mmc?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hmmmm. OS should not matter should it. i mean i couldnt get CDR-DAO to work on my drive either, but that was because i could figure out the command line client and i deleted it instead of bothering to learn. Just a suggestion, maybe Adaptec buffer underruns because you dont have enough ram? i bought an extra 128 and now Buffer Underruns are a thing of the past. anyway, Dave, you are right, the new adaptec software is crappy. I have Easy CD Creator version 3, and it is extremely useful. Much better than 4 or 5 by a long shot, so if you want it, i can get it to you, its about 30 megs in size i think.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yeshi, don't give up on CDRDAO -- it is definitely one of the better burners out (and free). There is a Win32 GUI available called "XDuplicator" that removes the hassle of learning the command line switches.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!