VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !

Poll: Who's your money on to win the Rugby World Cup

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by LSchafroth
    Rugby? What is it?
    Its the game that inspired American Football. Although the Americans thought it was a bit too rough, so they put on 30 pounds of body armour and a motorcycle helmet.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have heard that the Scot's Tartan Army were not allowed to bring their bagpipes because they were an offensive weapon.

A spokesman said the bagpipes are not offensive weapons. He qualified that with "Well, depending on who is playing them".

Hey, I still can't findd the games, maybe on while I am sleeping, but have heard that the US beat Japan. Mebbe not 142 to zip, like another game I read about, very little written, here, I might add.

Cheers,

George
    Quote Quote  
  3. Oh yeh, we're going to the semi's!

Australia defeated Scotland, 33 - 16.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by pacmania_2001
    Oh yeh, we're going to the semi's!

Not particularly convincing though were they :P

9-9 at half time, I bet it was a bit twitchy in that dressing room.

England V Wales tomorrow, should be good. I think Ireland have got a really good chance of turning France over.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So:

Aus vs NZ
    Eng vs Fra

Can Jonny Wilkinson's boot make up for a lack of tries again?
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by pacmania_2001
    France, New Zealand, Engand and Australia in the last 4.
    What a prediction.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Craig Tucker

Not particularly convincing though were they :P

9-9 at half time, I bet it was a bit twitchy in that dressing room.

England V Wales tomorrow, should be good. I think Ireland have got a really good chance of turning France over.
    Not as twitchy as the england dressing room i'll wager

Buddha says that, while he may show you the way, only you can truly save yourself, proving once and for all that he's a lazy, fat bastard.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So, let us take the bets for the Final.

Mine is on France - New Zealand for a french win.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'll stick with my original and so far correct prediction:

England vs Australia in the final for an Australian win.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'll be sticking with my predicition of NZ. But to be honest as long as its not England I'll be happy

Buddha says that, while he may show you the way, only you can truly save yourself, proving once and for all that he's a lazy, fat bastard.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by VCDHunter
    But to be honest as long as its not England I'll be happy
    I can't argue with that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, me too.
    Yes i'm Welsh and yes i'm pissed off with todays match
    Quote Quote  
  13. Australia defeats New Zealand: 22 - 10

The Wallabies are going to the final; and some of you people (I'm looking at you poms :P ) were laughing when I made my predictions.

I would be happy with my prediction being wrong though if France could topple England.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by pacmania_2001
    I would be happy with my prediction being wrong though if France could topple England.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Looks like an Australia vs. England grand final.

Will be very interesting, all I can say is that the France vs. England match was a let down.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by pacmania_2001
    Will be very interesting, all I can say is that the France vs. England match was a let down.
    Why, because England won
    Quote Quote  
  17. Well that was one reason. :P

Apart from that though it was a terrible match by both teams. France looked like a high school rugby team with their terrible ball handling amongst other things.

England is a one man team. If I was the Australian coach my focus would be on taking Jonny Wilkinson out of play because without him England is severely crippled.

The match itself was a disappointment when compared to the other semi final. Oh well, Australia vs. England. If my tipping continues to prove correct then it will be a back to back world cup titles for Australia.

I just hope whoever wins that it is a close, competitive match.
    Quote Quote  
  18. The conditions in the France England Match were not conducive to open play, and that particularly hampered the French. But England a 1 Man team, I don't think so. Sure Johnny Wilkinson scored all the points, but who put him in the position to be able to do so, the other 14 on the field thats who. The English forwards outplayed the french by quite a margin and even the backs defended well most of the time.

Australia V England, Aussie home ground. Hmm, tough call, lets see what the weather brings on Saturday shal we
    Quote Quote  
  19. I agree that the conditions did hamper the game on Sunday night however I still think the calibre of play between the two teams was subpar.

As for the final, the forecast says partly cloudy with temperatures in the 16-22 degree range with humidity around 60% so it shouldn't be as big a factor as it was in the semi-finals. If the temperature is high I think it will be an advantage to the Australian team.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bugster
    But England a 1 Man team, I don't think so. Sure Johnny Wilkinson scored all the points, but who put him in the position to be able to do so, the other 14 on the field thats who.
    15 of the 24 points were as a result of penalties - Australia will not be as indisciplined as the French. What they will do, however, is score tries - something England find difficulty in doing recently.
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  21. World Cup Update

England: 14 Australia: 5

Australia needs to take out Jonny Wilkinson otherwise every time they get in range the England side will kick.

Nearly half time. Matt Rogers should have found touch with that kick and England wouldn't have scored. Jonny Wilkinson missed the conversion luckily though.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Perhaps that try will shut the Aussies up about England only scoring from Johnny's boot :P :P
    Quote Quote  
  23. World Cup Update #2

England: 14 Australia: 11

Australia is coming back, a few more hits on Jonny like the one in the first half and England will shut down.

England needs to learn to not shephard and to keep their hands out of the ruck, add another 3 points for Australia.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Score is tied at full time.

We're going into overtime.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Is that ref Australian by any chance.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Bah! England win: 20-17

At least it was close but I still think Jonny should have been pounded earlier in the match so something like that didn't happen.
    Quote Quote  
  27. England - World Champions

Wooooooo-Hoooooooo
    Quote Quote  
  28. We Won. Nothing else Matters
    Quote Quote  
  29. Jonny won!!!... oh I mean England :P
    Quote Quote