VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This is bad.....so I take it pretty soon tv shows will make use of the broadcast flag and we wont' be able to back them up on our DVD recorders?

http://money.cnn.com/2003/10/21/technology/tv_piracy.reut/
    Quote Quote  
  2. "But consumer advocates warn that it would make obsolete 50 million DVD players already in Americans' homes."

"If a consumer records a program on a new Broadcast Flag-equipped machine and then tries to take that program and play it on Grandma's older DVD player, it's just not going to work," said Chris Murray, legislative counsel for Consumers Union."

I can't see this catching on unless they accomodate older players. Also, if your record it with a DVD recorder w/o this technology (or capture on a computer), it sounds like this doesn't apply anyway. Plus, I'm sure there will be a way found to "strip" it out on a computer when backing up your home-recorded disks on a computer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The music industry has been plagued over the last few years with consumers illegally sharing and copying songs over the Internet, which has led the recording industry to sue music downloaders for damages up to $150,000 per song.
    That's almost as bad as the cable industry complaining about the millions of dollars they claim to loose because od illegal hookups! Inflat the numbers to make their cause better!

Keep it up Valente, and NO ONE will but your crap!
    Quote Quote