VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a DCR-TRV22 MiniDV. I have recorded some video and audio on the tape. I connected the USB cable from the MiniDV to the computer to make it into a Video CD with the ImageMixer Ver.1.5 for Sony. The video was recorded, but the audio wasn't recorded on the CD. I want to ask what might I have been doing wrong or what configuration I would have to change on my computer or software to get the audio recorded as well. I don't have trouble transferring images to cd. I don't have trouble transferring movies recorded on the tape function from my Sony camcorder onto CD. I just cannot transfer the audio along with the video onto cd. please reply. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. You need to transfer the data to your computer by Firewire!

The USB function is too slow and is meant for transfering still pictures only.

I had the same problem and use of the Firewire transfer corrected it.

Once you transfer it from Firewire, then use a converter program like TMPG to make the AVI files VCD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Does anyone know if the USB transfer is of lesser quality than the firewire? Or is difference only the speed?
    I used Arc Showbiz to capture from the DV camera through the USB connection, but I'm not sure if this is the best quality.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    USB video is inferior to DV. Try a comparison for yourself if you need to be convinced. You will believe.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The USB is just there to use it as a webcam.
    Just because you aren't paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I disagree. I got the Pixela software with my Sony camera. It also is used to download video in addition to stills and making you camera double as a web cam.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think alll depends if you use USB 1.1 or USB 2.0. The 2.0 version should be pretty much equivalent to firewire
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use usb 2.0 to transfer videos from my sony dvd200 to PC. It works pretty fast. The theoretical speed is up to 480Mbps. (sw: imagemixer1.5)
    Quote Quote  
  9. The 22 does not transfer video via USB2.0 It will only transfer DV video via the ILink/Firewire port. It only transfers MPEG video via the USB.

late

PRO
    Quote Quote  
  10. I was about to post the same question for a trv19...Thanks!!!

Melak, did yor audio work via USB?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, everything works without problem. The mpeg file contains the sound as well, so it should work. I just simply transfer the movie to the HDD and I do the afterwork on PC. I use ulead mediastudiopro7 to add some titels and simple transition effects when it's necessary. The sw leaves the movie file as it is, only recompress at the effects.
    Quote Quote