VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Trying to find the best media for use in my E80. I've tried Maxell Branded 2X (superb) and Memorex/Prodisc 2X (playable in some but not all of my DVD players). Any others? The stores in my area carry blank: Apple, E3, Pine, Memorex, Maxell, Sony and Verbatim DVD-Rs. Which of these are any good?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I haven't used any of those disks, but if you aren't opposed to ordering online, I've burned over 500 disks between my E30 and E100H using Accu and had only 2 bad ones (1 had some obvious defects on the recording side that I didn't check before recording). I also don't use the bottom disk on the spindle if it appears to have any scratches/defects.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Where can you find Accu and is there a certain model# Accu? eBay only has 2 auctions listed and it's only for a 10 pack and 12 pack. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have the E80H, and have had luck with Accu inkjet printables, Ritek G03, and BeAll discs. You can get these in bulk from shop4tech.com, meritline.com, rima.com, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Roll Tide
    I have the E80H, and have had luck with Accu inkjet printables, Ritek G03, and BeAll discs. You can get these in bulk from shop4tech.com, meritline.com, rima.com, etc.
    Have you had more success with the DVD-R disks playing in older recorders with the Accu or Ritek G03's?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I use Accus too. Find them at meritline.com probably cheaper at pricewatch.com as I saw them at $80 with shipping for 100.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    -busterw

ACCU disks at...

www.meritline.com

I have used about 100 over a year with only 2-3 bad burns on the Panasonic (ie, I couldn't finalize the DVD-R). So, I make sure I finalize before deleting from hard drive.

Tearren
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by handyguy
    I use Accus too. Find them at meritline.com probably cheaper at pricewatch.com as I saw them at $80 with shipping for 100.
    And the Accus tend to be playable in most DVD players after finalization? What about older players?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  9. I haven't really had a problem with either. The oldest player I have is a 3 year old Sony and I haven't had any problems on it. I think the Ritek G03 is a higher quality disc and would probably recommend them over the Accu, because the price isn't that much more.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use the comp usa 1x dvd media and my e-20 loves them and they are a good price I usually get them for 90 cents to $1.00 a piece which is a great price... :P :P
    Quote Quote  
  11. compusa dvr-s. on sale now for 79 cents each. work great and playback on everything.
    Quote Quote  
  12. This is always a popular questions and you will get mixed answers. I have discovered personally and have read on many different forums about Ritek G03 dvd-rs. They always come up and and infact many dvd-r makers like Fuji and some other ones are actually using Ritek G03s and putting their name on it; that's how good they are. They record perfect in my E100
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use TDK and Sony, they cost a little more but work flawlessly. I've tried Accu and found inconsistencies in how it plays back in some dvd players. I thought the Accu's were great until I bought 2 more dvd players, they skipped and locked up after a couple of minutes of play. My TDK disks play in every machine I've ever put them in. I've never had one bad disks. I must admit when I bought the cheap brands from meritline some time ago I found that some disks work while others failed.

I am a strong believer in you get what you pay for. Yes they are cheaper but it's not because the company cares about you the consumer. It's because the quality sucks.

I've been doing this for awhile now and have learned very valuable lessons. Don't go cheap unless you have too.
    8)
    Quote Quote  
  14. Yes, all my players play my Accu dvds. But I have a e30 & it only writes 1x in real time, so I can use the cheaper accus.

They are actually by lead data, but sold as accus.

BTW, meritline =$94/100 (white tops)
    cdrdvdrmedia.com= $74/100
    Quote Quote