VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    I converted the component video files over to mjpeg encoded quicktime movies. What I wanted to do was compress these down to an XviD avi. Well, I chose "DivX 3 [.AVI] (ffmpeg)" first, because I thought, ok so I know my other computer can play DivX better than XvidD anyway, and I don't care as long as its smaller and playable on other computers. It took about 4 minutes of the candy cane status bar to ding, and the result was a 0k, totally useless avi file. I had the same result with an mp4 encoded quicktime file, only it took 2 seconds to ding and create an empty avi file.

I decided to try mencoder, and picked "XviD [.AVI] (mencoder)" It took a while, but it finally encoded 2.5 minutes worth of video to a hefty 24.4M file. Not very good.

I'm having nothing but bad luck here...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Select DivX (libavc) quick preset, and email me the process output to major4@mac.com in case of problems.
    Quote Quote