VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread

C++

Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I always wanted to be an engineer(computer) but then took three years of programming in high school and decided against it. Now I'm a pre-med major and it requires a computer course. Since my high school class was an AP course, I thought about testing out of it in college so I'll save a ton of time and money...the problem is, it's been over a year and I dont remember some stuff! My question is...does someone want to give me a crash(refresher) course on "stacks" and "linked lists" and basically classes in general?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's a good free online book for C++: Thinking in C++ by Bruce Eckel.

http://mindview.net/Books/TICPP/ThinkingInCPP2e.html

You'll also need something to cover basic algorithms and data structures (the linked-lists, stacks, etc.). Just google for the phrase "algorithms and data structures". I'm sure you'll find something.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think I remember the gist of data structures and algorithms...thanks for the link. I'll check it out.
    Quote Quote  
  4. if u are prepared to buy a book, i would get sams teach yourself C++ in 21 days, $15 on amazon
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not buying anything...I'll probably just use the link provided or borrow a friends book a week before the test.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guys...I took the test yesterday and got a good enough grade. Now I can buy 8 credits for $20! Helped me save a lot of money.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!