VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Supreme2k
    Count me among the people willing to test/review your product. I am a bit more intrigued.

Since my first post, I've noticed that there has been MUCH more content added to your page. I had not noticed the forum link before (was it always there?) Companies often charge for add-ons to programs that they didn't write (plugins for Photoshop, Premier, etc.), so I suppose charging for a front-end isn't out of the question. The only thing is that I'll have to "wait and see" since there's no demo.

Good luck with your program. My only suggestion about feedback is to not respond to every single comment. For some of the more redundant/insulting ones you may want to create a form letter ("Dear sir, thank you for your interest in DVD Stripper. While we value your opinion, go to hell.") If you wait and let the flood subside, you may actually start seeing constructive criticism.
    Thanks

I guess I must stop being defensive but it's nice to see you have now changed your opinion. All I'm am trying to with this program is give the option of stripping a DVD to everyone regardless of DVD knowledge. In time the users will speak the truth and some will be happy and some won't be, it happens with everything I suppose but I hope that the vast majority are happy

if you want a copy to play with then just PM me as I have no problem in giving a few free copies to people at the moment (if this is within forum rules) if they show a true interest but cannot try it due to the lack of a demo. Seeing as DVDStripper is on the tools page and has had over 2000 views since Friday I guess people are intrigued as to what it is, so I see no harm in giving a few a look

I'm not so sure about the webpage but it has been updated a few days ago

cheers
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Jeez.....I go away for a few days and THIS happens? Holy Shiite.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank GOD that the mods have stepped in to moderate this discussion. It seems to me that there are a few people (children) on this forum who will do or say anything to antagonize certain posters, no matter what they have to say or offer. THIS IS VERY SAD AND CHILDISH. Where are the bashers now that the MODs have stepped in?

This forum is about discussion, learning, and having fun. It's not a popularity contest as many might think.

I read quite a few personal attacks on machemx that had NOTHING to do with the discussion. You people can never stick to topic and it's always the same folks. I could swear that I was reading the writing of 8th graders. It's very sad to see this behavior time after time on these forums. You don't see the author of ifoedit screaming bloody murder, do you?

Boy, it's pretty funny. I never see any of you ifoedit experts offering any help to the newbs when they have questions. It's always half-baked answers or sarcastic cryptic one-liners. I have had a few newbs tell me that they felt Un-welcome at this site. I wonder why? Well it's certainly not the MODs, who have done a good job and an even better job recently of keeping things fair and on topic.

This app is NOT an ifoedit rip off. It simply uses one of its functions. If you are OK with ifoEdit, then use it and shut up. If it is too complicated for you to use, or you feel that you don't have time to read the guides, then this app may be for you. If you don't have $20.00 to spend on the app, don't buy it and use ifoEdit. Gee, isn't freedom a nice thing.

To bash the app simply because it is "click n go" or because it uses one of ifoedit's features, is pointless, not to mention a waste of time.

Supreme2k it is nice to see that you have changed your tune. I have seen you jump to conclusions on more than a few occasions. Maybe this will be a lesson to you.

I will probably not buy this app, but the people who do, will be the ones who will decide if it was worth $20.00. Mackemx sounds very confident about this product, so I'm going give him the benefit of the doubt. The users will be the true judges, not the same old naysayers who are always cutting down somebody or something.

I think it was a real mistake not to offer a trial version. If this would have been the case we would all be busy testing instead of fighting. The testing would lead to more discussion, which would lead to improvements.

There is a problem with trialware though. It's real easy to crack, although as we all know, this app will be on p2p before too long, trialware or not.

I'm not defending this app, as I have not tried it, but I will give machemx a chance, as this is the only thing decent to do. If this app does what it says, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, it will be a welcome addition to many peoples software war chest.
    If you take some time to read the following link, you will see that the software has some worthwhile benefits and time saving features that could possibly be a benefit to a potential user. http://www.deano.dsl.pipex.com/tool.htm
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank God the DVD Stripper has been released *AT LAST*!!!
    How long has she been in jail?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not as long as her father needs to be
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cplevel42
    Supreme2k it is nice to see that you have changed your tune. I have seen you jump to conclusions on more than a few occasions. Maybe this will be a lesson to you.
    F**k you, "Dad"! "Maybe this will..." why I oughta

==============================================

Anyway, I've tried it on 3 discs so far, and it's pretty neat.

A few of notes:

1. At this point, I'm not sure there is a hard drive option, meaning that you have to rip the files rather than processing pre-ripped files.

2. This program is vastly different from MenuEdit, so the comparisons don't really stand. DS cuts cells and such, while ME handles the buttons and so forth.

3. I haven't RE'ed it (and don't plan to) so I don't know exactly what it does, but it seems to be a front-end Plus.

I will write a full review on the tool page for DS when I've completed extensive testing. Even the notes above may change. Should be done in about 3-5 days.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    @ Supreme2k

I'm pleased hear you say it's pretty neat

there is no HD option yet, but it's on the list of looking at's. When I compared DS to ME it's the cell editing side of ME I compare it to as DS doesn't have Menu stripping yet

we have a new beta 0.1.1 in testing with a few fixes and added features, so don't put too much into that review as I dont want you to waste time but most of it should be the same as 0.1.0 I think

I need to do a guide but DS changes too much to keep up. We made over 100 versions just to get to the release

cheers
    Quote Quote  
  8. I like dvdshrink3.0 alot. I am one of those people that are new to the game and like the "one-touch" programs as well as the "it takes an hour to understand the damn thing" programs. both fit in this realm for everybody. Will I buy it? I doubt it. I'll send this site a link page to a cracked version of it when or if I find it.
    MAN MADE IT..... MAN WILL BREAK IT!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by m4r1n5
    I like dvdshrink3.0 alot. I am one of those people that are new to the game and like the "one-touch" programs as well as the "it takes an hour to understand the damn thing" programs. both fit in this realm for everybody. Will I buy it? I doubt it. I'll send this site a link page to a cracked version of it when or if I find it.
    Then go "one-touch" yourself.
    You stop me again whilst I'm walking and I'll cut your fv<king Jacob's off.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Boy, it's pretty funny. I never see any of you ifoedit experts offering any help to the newbs when they have questions. It's always half-baked answers or sarcastic cryptic one-liners. I have had a few newbs tell me that they felt Un-welcome at this site. I wonder why?

Same thing on dvdplusrw.org
    Most of the time you get smart-asses out to impress people of their knowledge....or most important to them....YOUR lack of knowledge.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Edit
    You stop me again whilst I'm walking and I'll cut your fv<king Jacob's off.
    Quote Quote  
  12. DVDStripper a rip-off ? I don't agree

DVDStripper a front-end ? Yeah I accept the fact that it acts as an interface for underlying programs.

Is this wrong ? Debateble. However it eases the way we do things and that's good. At my age I could almost say that I saw the birth of mainframe computers. 20 years ago we used to submit all tasks manually and we didn't bother to much, and then 10 years ago came along those carpet baggers with their ideas of automating what we had been doing for years. Do you think we accepted that without protesting, of course not. We fought hard to stop that automation without any success.

But today I'm so glad we didn't succeed to stop it because it gave me time to learn new ways and acquire new knowledge. Nowadays I get paid 5 times what I was paid 10 years ago for doing 10 times less work. To what do I owe that ? Well to automation which in computing is the way to go.

So the same is true here. Why should I spent so many hours to backup or copy (whichever applies to you) a movie when I could backup or copy so many movies in the same time. That is what DVDStripper is. It does more in less time and that's good since it'll give me more time debating in forum such as these to what I should do with that extra time. Remember all the fuss around DVD2ONE, InstantCopy, DVDShrink and the likes ? Nobody wanted to use these new fast food programs. How many ppl use them now ? Raise your hand... come on, come on don't be shy raise your hand. The same goes here.

When I buy a car I don't want to know how the engine runs internally I just need to know how smooth it handles and how fast it goes from A to B.

I had the pleasure to be a beta tester for MackemX since I made an early donation 3 weeks ago. I can tell you that DvdStripper is one heck of a way to save time. I 'did' 7 movies this past weekend and I really was amazed.

Of course I hope that a few improvments will come along like:

1-) Cell spliting
    2-) Audio and subtitle stripping
    3-) HD options

time will tell...

IMHO I believe that MackemX tried honestly to achieve something that would help us all to do what we do the way we want it to be done; in a better fashion. Of course there may be some disagreement over how he implemented it but let's look at the end result and let's acknowledge that he (they) came up with an appealing product.

BTW if any of you would like to see a specific movie to be tested with this tool don't hesitate to let me know I'll be glad to do so. I've got over 270 movies in my collection right now so may be I can test the one you'd like if I have it. Just a thought!!!
    Where ever you go... there you are...in dvdland
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by m4r1n5
    I like dvdshrink3.0 alot. I am one of those people that are new to the game and like the "one-touch" programs as well as the "it takes an hour to understand the damn thing" programs. both fit in this realm for everybody. Will I buy it? I doubt it. I'll send this site a link page to a cracked version of it when or if I find it.
    m4r1n5 we are talking about DVD Stripper not DVDShrink, and the day you link to cracked software will be the day that you are banned from this forum.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by hech54
    Boy, it's pretty funny. I never see any of you ifoedit experts offering any help to the newbs when they have questions. It's always half-baked answers or sarcastic cryptic one-liners. I have had a few newbs tell me that they felt Un-welcome at this site. I wonder why?

Same thing on dvdplusrw.org
    Most of the time you get smart-asses out to impress people of their knowledge....or most important to them....YOUR lack of knowledge.
    LOL

What's a better site? http://www.HelpfulFriendlyFree.ru :P

PS: Stripper sounds to fill a void. Best luck with it MackemX!

I still can't get over the fact of what IS free: DVDShrink, IFOEdit, VDub, oh and vcdhelp
    I mean it in the nicest way.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    cplevel42 wrote:

Supreme2k replied:

F**k you, "Dad"! "Maybe this will..." why I oughta

It's not nice to swear at your at your parents, you one eyed feline hair ball! OK really
    Quote Quote