VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I'd like to know how can I put in my name in the author or copyright area which will be visible in the old as well as the new windows media player?
    ANd also in the old media player how can I write in the name of the clip? Is there a program that does it?
    THank you,
    Faisal
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, for your first question, since you DON'T own the rights to it, you'd essentially be breaking the law. What's worse, you'd be committing the equivalent of being a LAMER in the "scene". Such as, stealing emu's and putting your own name on, stealing pubs and claiming it's your own tag, etc. If it's not yours, DON'T take the credit for it.

I have no idea what you're asking in the 2nd question.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Actually I wanted to put copyright info on my home videos..thats all...so is that possible?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I didn't think he was asking to take credit for other people's work. Try the Windows Media Encoder for free. Look for the links on this page I provided below. I do not prefer the Win format, but you have to look at what you want to do. For example, stream to family or email the clips. You will have to read into this site to learn how to make your window media files. If you do have home movies and I don't know how you are xfering to your PC, some editing software or cards bundle the software such as a Basic Real Player Producer.
    Also Quick Time Pro can be used to add info into the file. 29.95. Qt is good for archiving homemovies on disc. You can also add your homemovies to VCD. But that's another story.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/en/download/bonuspack.asp
    Quote Quote  
  5. What I do with my home movies is first play them on the VCR and using the Dazzle Digital Video Creator...I record them onto my computer in the MPEG-1 format. I was wondering if I could add the info without changeing the format to anything else. After MPEG-1 I just convert them to divx to fit on one CD...
    and thanks for the help..I'll check out the link now...

Quote Quote  
  6. Hi,

I have no idea how to change the copyright info, but the author can be edited this way.
    Create a simple text file e.g.: _Play.asx

The name can be different but should be "asx" extension.

The content:

<ASX version = "3.0">
    <ABSTRACT>Video CD</ABSTRACT>
    <TITLE>This is my home video</TITLE>
    <AUTHOR>Name is here</AUTHOR>
    <MoreInfo href = "Other comment if needed"/>
    <Entry><Ref href = "filename_1.mpg" /></Entry>
    <Entry><Ref href = "filename_2.mpg" /></Entry>
    <Entry><Ref href = "filename_n.mpg" /></Entry>
    </ASX>

You may have only one Entry or much more. It does not matter just put the right file names there.

And one more interesting thing.
    If you would like to use it with VCD or SVCD you can put similar Entries in this file.

Like this:
    <Entry><Ref href = "MPEGAV/Avseq01.dat" /></Entry>
    <Entry><Ref href = "MPEGAV/Avseq02.dat" /></Entry>
    <Entry><Ref href = "MPEGAV/AvseqXX.dat" /></Entry>

The file should be in the root of the VCD.

I hope this helps.

Cornelius
    Quote Quote