VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was looking to buy a reliable 8X dual format writer. I know they haven't come out with one that can do both -/+ at 8X but i would like to know if anyone knows the timetable in which they will be released. I would hate to buy one now and the one i want comes out in a few weeks.
    thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Buy today, outdated next week. You'll never buy one then. I have 6 and I buy whenever a new one comes out. Yes I have new Plextor PX-708A. I like it. Yes it's my life and my money. I can't take it all with me. I own no plastic and pay cash. And after filling a room with over 30,000.00 in computer equipment and 50,000.00 in Ham Radio equipment, I think ther is little hope of me changing. So don't let today hold up tomorrows decision okay.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by slowlearner
    I was looking to buy a reliable 8X dual format writer. I know they haven't come out with one that can do both -/+ at 8X but i would like to know if anyone knows the timetable in which they will be released. I would hate to buy one now and the one i want comes out in a few weeks.
    thank you
    At 4x a full DVD only takes 15 minutes to burn.
    I mean ... do you REALLY need that to be THAT much faster ?!?!?

I haven't even seen 8x DVD recordables (the blank media that is) and I'm sure they will be much more expensive for a while but you can get 4x discs NOW for not that much that work and are reliable etc.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  4. Fulci...But think wot you could do with that extra 7.5 minutes...!!

I find the increasing speeds of CD and DVD funny, coz the time you save gets less and less. The diff between 8x and 16 x DVD will only be 3 mins or so !
    Quote Quote