VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    For some months ago I made some .mpg files, but now I've re-installed my computer and I can't watch the files! Can someone help me find out what codec I used and recomend a program so that I can convert the files to a format that works with "all" computers!

Here's a link to one of the files:
    http://www.freebox.com/rockstarz/finalwebb.mpg

Thankz for any help
    *smile*
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    get windows media player.. and when you try to play the mpg and it wont play, windows media will download some codec's for you..
    but it all comes down to what you r trying to play.
    Quote Quote  
  3. idrci, I think that's for .avi files, because they have loads of different proprietary codecs. .mpg's should play fine.

anderzzo, maybe some other aspect of your PC is not the same, that indirectly affects mpeg playback?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-07-09 17:26:00, LighthouseJ wrote:
    idrci, I think that's for .avi files, because they have loads of different proprietary codecs. .mpg's should play fine.

anderzzo, maybe some other aspect of your PC is not the same, that indirectly affects mpeg playback?
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

Lighthouse your right, I was use to Divx sorry my bad anderzzo..
    Td L
    idrci777@netscape.net
    you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    well, I've removed my tv-out card, due to lack of working drivers! But the files need to be in a format that everyone can see!
    *smile*
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well, if it makes any difference, which I doubt, I can view the mpeg. It looks like a rave or something, but I've never been to a rave.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!