VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm not in any rush. I can wait till the holiday sales. I can get both the sony dru510A and pioneer 106d for $145. Should I jump on the sony at that price, or is the pioneer just as good? The sony price is only valid a short time, so I'd have to either get it or pass.

I know both machines are top notch, but I guess I'm asking: should I grab the sony at this price, or wait, as I'm inclined to do, until Thanksgiving and probably get the Pioneer then, assuming we can put together some deals?

I don't upgrade very often, so if the machine runs well for 2-3 years, I'd probably keep on using it. My needs are very light. It's actually mostly for data from PC backup but I want it to be versatile.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, with the 8x burners just starting to ship, if you can wait the prices should maybe go down by then. $145 s not a bad price, I paid more for my 1x when it was new, and now thinking about upgrading to a faster device, maybe a 4x for me later this year.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote