VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    Hi,

can anyone point me, very quickly, in a few lines, how can I cut/join files using either of these tools ?

Also, how to fade-in-out the beginning and ending of the files (not transition two files) ?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In a few lines, no. But if you hang in there for a few more, let me try for Video Studio's easy cuts and transitions.

1. Once your video is loaded on the timeline, move the blue cursor or jog bar to where you want your final video to begin.

2. Press the Mark-in button to tell the program this is where the video will begin.

3. Switch to Storyboard mode by pressing the top gray button in the lower left of the screen.

4. Now to make a fade in, we need a black screen. In the library menu (top right) select "Color". Drag the black color box down and over to the left of your original video storyboard box. A black box will appear to the left of your video, and a transition will appear between the two clips.

Also the Duration of the black is set to last for three seconds if you look at the upper left screen. You can change this duration if you like.

5. Since we want a fade in and not this transition, click once on the transition icon between the two clips and press the Delete key. The transition will disappear and a blank box remains.

6. Go back to the library menu. If the F/X library is not already displyed, select it. Find the transition named "Crossfade" and drag it to the blank transition box we just cleared. The Crossfade icon will appear once you drop it there.

Save your project and run it. The video will start as a black screen, and fade into your video. You have just edited your video, joined it with a black screen, and had it fade in from the black screen. Six steps. What do you think?
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Guest
    Originally Posted by Tommyknocker
    In a few lines, no. But if you hang in there for a few more, let me try for Video Studio's easy cuts and transitions.

1. Once your video is loaded on the timeline, move the blue cursor or jog bar to where you want your final video to begin.

2. Press the Mark-in button to tell the program this is where the video will begin.

3. Switch to Storyboard mode by pressing the top gray button in the lower left of the screen.

4. Now to make a fade in, we need a black screen. In the library menu (top right) select "Color". Drag the black color box down and over to the left of your original video storyboard box. A black box will appear to the left of your video, and a transition will appear between the two clips.

Also the Duration of the black is set to last for three seconds if you look at the upper left screen. You can change this duration if you like.

5. Since we want a fade in and not this transition, click once on the transition icon between the two clips and press the Delete key. The transition will disappear and a blank box remains.

6. Go back to the library menu. If the F/X library is not already displyed, select it. Find the transition named "Crossfade" and drag it to the blank transition box we just cleared. The Crossfade icon will appear once you drop it there.

Save your project and run it. The video will start as a black screen, and fade into your video. You have just edited your video, joined it with a black screen, and had it fade in from the black screen. Six steps. What do you think?
    This is fantastic, thanks !
    I'll try at home tonight

Andre
    Quote Quote  
  4. Great post by Tommyknocker!

Also, if you wish to use Ulead's Smart Render technology, then be sure to adjust Ulead VideoStudio 7's project settings to match the properties of your source MPEGs.

I often work with MPEGs that have the following properties:

NTSC drop frame (29.97 fps)
    MPEG files
    24 Bits, 704 x 480, 29.97 fps
    Field Order B
    (DVD-NTSC), 4 : 3
    Video data rate: Variable (Max. 8800 kbps)
    Audio data rate: 256 kbps
    MPEG audio layer 2, 48 KHz, Stereo

In VideoStudio 7.01, I click FILE > PROJECT PROPERTIES and adjust my settings to match the properties of my source clips.

In this way, quality is preserved because rendering is confined only to those 'changes' I make during the editing process - such as titles, transitions, and filters.

Jerry Jones
    http://www.jonesgroup.net
    Quote Quote