VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i just got my pioneer 106 burner today. first i tried to burn a data dvd to back up a lot of mp3s i had on my computer. used nero 6 and it burned fine but when i put it back into my computer to see if it had written fine, it locked up. both my dvd-rw drive and my regular dvd drive wont recognize the disc. so i canceled that job, and began to backup one of my favorite movies high fidelity. i used anydvd and clonedvd and the ripping went perfect. i can view the movie on my hard drive perfectly. so i go to burn the dvd using clone dvd, and after about 2% it comes up with an error saying error writing to dvd-9. well after reading some posts, i decided to not burn with clone dvd, but to try nero. this time the disc burned sussessfully. i go to put it in my standalone dvd player, and it says: error disc is dirty. so i take it out and of course its not, i put it back into my dvd-rw and go to view the files. everything burned perfectly it looks like. the video ts folder has everything in it. but if i try to use media player or windvd to play it, i get nothing. it wont play and usually locks up the software. so i went to pioneers site and updated my firmware from 1.05 to 1.07 and rebooted. this time i tried nero and it failed after a couple seconds. so i tried clonedvd again and it too failed again. so far ive burned 7 expensive coasters. this is costing me a lot, i think i might actually use them as coasters . but can anyone tell me whats wrong or if im doing something wrong? by the way im using some optimum dvd-r and dvd+r media.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First, invest in a DVD RW, so you won't be wasting your good DVD Rs. I suggets using DVd Shrink instead of Clone Crap. What version of Nero are you using 5 or 6. Please describe your steps for burning. I.E. folders AUDIO_TS, VIDEO_TS etc. What media are you using (brand)? Also make sure you are not using multisession as an option when burning.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok, my first data dvd i made was a multisession, because i wanted to be able to add more mp3s to it later on. that didnt work. can u make multisession dvds just like you can cds? i am using some Optimum dvd-r and dvd+r that i found on sale at staples for 10 bucks for 10. i am thinking this media is bad and im probably going to take the rest of them back tommorow ( i bought 30 of them). so i used clonedvd and the files copied to the hard drive perfectly and would play from the hard drive. but i went to nero version 6.0.0.0 and tried to burn a dvd video, sometimes it would start burning then fail. but 2 discs i made got all the way finished, but they wont play in my standalone or my computer. all the files are on the disc ok, but they wont play. then i tried to make a dvd-iso data with nero and made two folders, audio_ts and video_ts. that burned fine, but again it wont play in any of my players. so i now have 8 coasters and 3 complete dvds that wont play.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No you can't do a multi-session DVD. The player won't read the disk. I should be closed out. Your media could also be the second problem. Buy name brand. Using Nero 6 you are dumping your files into the VIDEO_TS folder correct? Make sure your Nero is updated to the latest version as well.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok so i took those bad drdr's back to staples and bought some good tdk dvd-r and dvd+r dvds. this time i tried to burn the movie with nero, put all the files in the video_ts folder, the dvd burned perfectly. i put it in my dvd player, and it comes up with an error that the disc is dirty, the same thing it said with the bad dvds. so i put it back into my dvd burner and the burner wouldnt even read the disc. i went to my computer and tried to access the drive, but it said there was no disc in it. is there somthing im doing wrong here? im not burning a multisession dvd. i just click on dvd video, put everything in the video_ts folder, and i follwed the guides on this site on what to put neros settings at.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried DVD Shrink? Get it in the tools section it's free. Try authoring a DVD with that program. I use it only. I don't use the one you do. Something is either wrong with the data or the burning process. Did you update Nero to latest version? And you are double clicking the red VIDEO_TS folder and then adding your files correct?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have dvd shrink, but i bought dvd clone off a friend for 10 bucks so i figured it would work better since its not freeware. i am going to try dvd shrink now though. but the files that dvd clone copie to my hard drive play fine on mycomputer. but when i put the dvd in to the computer, i wont let me open the drive to see whats in it. it says the disc is corrupt. i have nero 6.0.0.0 but i will get the update for that in a minute. and i drag the files into the video ts folder. i dont double click it, but i drag the into the folder and they go into the folder just fine. so im going to update nero and try dvdshrink next. by the way thanks for the help
    Quote Quote  
  8. I have the pioneer a06 and I"m using nero to burn some of my movies. I was wondering if you could get a screen shot of all the files you are putting into the VIDEO_TS folder. I had a problem of not having all the files needed to get the movies to work. Did you check the dvd writers section to see if anybody had trouble with the media you were trying to use.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I have had the "this disc is dirty" error before with my DVD-player (a sony dav-500). Turns out it was with just one type of media (v cheap DVD-RW - cant remember the make). Have you checked the media you are using against the compatability list for your player?

also - i assume you have the audio_ts folder there too? I haven't tried omitting it on my DVD player, but a lot of players apparently need it there to play.

HTH

eyetiepie
    Quote Quote  
  10. Wouldn't it be great if there was some form of "Quality Assurance" on DVD media before it hit the shelves? I 've just had a full 20 pack of dud DVD-R's, bloody princo's & every single one of them is a coaster, not playing correctly, playing half way through & skipping, not reading, locking up my drives etc. I was advised so many times on this forum that my problem was media, but I wouldn't believe it because my first 20 blanks (different batch) worked perfectly & I thought something I had done caused this problem, It can't be these discs because too many have worked before hand.

It turns out, it was the media, I bought a different brand & they have all worked perfectly now. I was lucky, they're a different brand but have the same Princo Dye!! I didn't realise as they were so much cheaper than the Dud's I bought. But the full 4.7g works & thats the main thing.

You could also probably make sure you have no other programs running whilst burning, things like anti-virus. I was also advised to test my RAM had no timing problems?? Otherwise if you use the recommended version of Nero & are following guidlines found in this forum, you should be having success. They all recommend Ritek media, apparently thats top notch media to use! Good luck
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok so i used dvd shrink and shrunk down most of the extras about 50% and the main movie about 10% and kept all the menus. that worked fine and will play perfect on my hard drive. i downloaded the new nero 6.0.0.19 i think, and tried to burn that onto a tdk dvd-r. it worked fine, but again my sony dvp-nc600 keeps saying the disc is dirty. it also wont work in my playstation 2. but unlike the last one using dvd clone, this one would play on my computers dvd burner. it would not play directly in media player, but if i opened it and clicked on one of the movie titles, it will play. one thing i noticed about this dvd im trying to copy is, that it doest start on title 1. the fbi warning is the first thing that should play and that is title 28, next is another warning on 27, and then something else on 26 and 25, then it goes to the movie. could this be my problem?? also i used this guide: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75455
    this time and downloaded his set up file and used that. i noticed that when i go to nero and click on dvd-video, the video_ts folder is red and the audio_ts folder is the normal color. but when i used his tutorial file, they were both normal color.

so after that i uninstalled nero 6 and put on y old 5.5.10 version, and used that same tutorial. the dvd burned fine as usual, but wouldnt play in my dvd player. this time it wouldnt work on my computer though. i used a tdk dvd+r this time. this thing is really starting to make me mad. it shouldnt be this hard to make a dvd using all these different guides on this site
    Quote Quote  
  12. Have you tried CopyToDVD it is very easy to use and I have had complete success with it. Tyr it and let us know the results... Good Luck!
    -=[ JHMac ]=-
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Coming in late here, but just to confirm the VIDEO_TS folder was in all CAPS right?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes both the video_ts and audio_ts are in all caps. and i probably wont try copy to dvd, because i have used two different copy programs and they both copy fine to the hard drive, its just when i burn them they dont play.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Well you can't fix your problem if you don't try other programs... Copying to your HD is not the same as burning a DVD, but hey if you know thats not the problem then maybe you can go into the coaster selling business...
    -=[ JHMac ]=-
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nero Nero Nero Nero.....Always with the Nero......Somebody rubbished CloneDVd calling it "CRAP"..I once said that about Nero and got a right slating....Why not try a good burning App like Stomp or even better for dvd gear Pro DVd..It will NOT burn to disc if there is any sort of problem with any file...As for the discs well it pays to buy top quality discs..And if if your buying a new type of disc you aint used before only buy 1 to test..

tn..
    You can drive your car fast but it dont mean you have a fst car !
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok so i finally got some memorex dvd+rw's so i can experiment til i get things right. what do you gys suggest i do now. try a different burning program?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    wait, could it be because i have subtitles on this movie? i went to neros site and looked at the faqs and found this:

Does Nero/Nero Express/NeroVision Express support subtitles when burning a VCD, SVCD or DVD Video?

No, not at this time.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    update: i used this guide here: http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-udf-iso.php

and burned with the memorex +rw and it worked perfectly in my dvd player. but i put in a tdk dvd-r and tried to burn using the exact same settings, and it starts to write the lead in, and after a couple seconds, says error invalid block address. ive tried to simulate this many times, restarted my computer, but it keeps giving me the exact same error. again i think it might be the media.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok so i decided that the tdk dvds werent burning, and the memorex dvd+rw's worked fine. so i went to best buy and bought the memorex dvd+r 25 pack on sale for 30 bucks. i get home and try to burn 2 dvds the same way i did with the rw's, and both of them show invalid block address about 30 seconds into the burning. this is exactly what the tdk's did. about 30 seconds in, it would say invalid block address. what does that mean? is that something with the burner or the media?? how can i fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Memorex are not good for movies.
    The best all round disks for movies are Ritek. These are compatible with 99% of standalone players.
    If these dont work on your burner and player, nothing will.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This may not be related, but it is also good to make sure you have your ASPI layer installed properly.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok i am having trouble again. using the +rw's i can burn it perfctly and it plays perfectly on my player. but, when i use the same method of burning and burn to a memorex +r, it doesnt play in the player. it burns fine just like the +rw's, but when i put it in my player, it either says it cannot play this disc, or that the disc is dirty. what am i doing wrong? this is really frustrating. i should be able to just click on dvd video in nero and it should work. now i am using iso/udf mode, and that works for the rw but not for the +r. is this my burner or is this my player being picky???
    Quote Quote  
  24. sitlet,

If you are using DVD Shrink. Use AutoShrinkIso. This will create an image and burn the DVD with DVD Decrypter.

http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/

DVD Decrypter
    DVD Shrink
    AutoShrinkIso

Makes for a completely "FREE" one click solution.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sitlet,

Your player may not be able to read DVD+R discs. Try the last one in a different brand of DVD player and see if it works.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok i tried nyplayer's method using autoshrinkiso. it worked perfectly when i burnt it to a dvd+rw. then i burned it to a dvd+r and it again wouldnt play in my player. it said the disc was dirty. then i put it back into my burner. when i went to my computer and explored the drive, all the files appeared to be there. but when i tried to playback the movie using media player or windvd, it wouldnt work. this is the same thing thats been happening everytime. is there something wrong with my burner? i know its not my player because it does play +r. and since the computer wont read the disc, it must be something wrong with the burner.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Hi all.

sitlet, did you follow MikeV's suggestion and try the discs on another player (at a local store for example)?
    ddlooping
    For DVD Shrink guides & goodies: DVDShrink.info
    My "other" site: Teaching-Tools
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    not yet. i have a sony dvp-nc600 and a sony ps2. im going over to my friends tonight and ill try them there.
    Quote Quote  
  29. I'm willing to bet is is your dvd player too....I had similiar problems till I tried it on another DVD player.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok i just went and used my friends panasonic RV32, and they didnt work either. i think something must be wrong with my burner. i can burn a +rw and it works fine on my computer and in my player. but when i burn a dvd+r the same way, it wont play on the player, and the computer wont read it either.
    Quote Quote