VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    bump

anyone??? i bought this burner from newegg.com and i think i might have to contact them to send it back, although im not looking forward to paying for shipping then waiting another couple weeks to get it back. im pretty coninced the burner is messed up, because i have burned successfuly to dvd+rw, but not to 3 different brands of dvd+r and -r
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    anyone? i still cannot get a dvd+r to work right. my computer doesnt even recognize it. what is going on?
    Quote Quote  
  3. sitlet, I'm affraid you might not have had other replies because everybody ran out of suggestions.
    After having followed this thread and all you've tried to fix your problem, I personally have no idea what its cause could be.
    As you suggested, maybe your burner is faulty.
    ddlooping
    For DVD Shrink guides & goodies: DVDShrink.info
    My "other" site: Teaching-Tools
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the panasonic rv32 doesnt support playing of +r or +rw media, try a player that does or burn to a -r and try it in your friends player, also the playstation 2 is picky with +r/rw media especially if its an earlier version eg below version 5
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i think im just going to send it back to newegg.com tommorow. yeah i know the ps2 is picky and the panasonic rv32 is picky too. but my main dvd player is a sony dvp-nc600, which according to this site plays just about anything. and i have tried -r media, both optimum and tdk brands, both of which didnt work. after trying all these media, something has to be wrong with my burner since i can only play dvd+rws from it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok guys i have an update. i sent my burner back and just received a new one yesterday. i backed up my black hawk down dvd using dvd shrink. the files were about 4250 mb. i went to nero and used the dvd-video settings, using the guides here. the video burned perfectly as usual. i put it in my standalone, and it says "no disc". i put it back in my burner, and go to my computer, click on the drive, and it says the disc is corrupted and windows cannot read it. by the way im using my same memorex dvd+rw. so i erase the disc, and try nero using the dvd udf/iso mode. the same way i did it before. the disc burns fine, and plays fine in my standalone and dvd burner. so ok, it this works, then i should be able to use a memorex dvd+r so i can permenantly burn it. the dvd+r burns fine, just like the last one. i put in in my standalone, the columbia unicorn/horse thing logo plays. then after that it is supposed to go to the main menu. well it doesnt. it stops after the first intro thing. so i put it back into my burner and try it with media player. the first intro plays then it locks up. same thing with windvd. so what the hell am i doing wrong? burning a dvd should not be this hard. i have wasted over 30 dollars in blank dvds trying to get this to work.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    anyone? should i try another kind of media again? i already have tried 3 kinds. if i will, ill probably go with the ritek g03 or g04. i really could use some more help with this, as i am making a video for a high school basketball team, and need to make about 15 dvds. i dont want to make 15 of them, and everyone gives them back because they dont work
    Quote Quote  
  8. Jesus & I thought I had problems! Good luck mate, I would just suggest using Riteks discs..
    Quote Quote  
  9. I also have a DVR-A06 (recently upgraded from A04) and I have had almost no problems burning movies. After playing around with different brands of media, I have found that true Ritek's have always come through for me. I now use exclusively Ritek G04 (Used to use G03) media and have burned over 200 disks.

Good Luck!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Media doesnt sound like the problem. Try a different movie. Encode with tmpge and author with dvd author, then burn with dvd author. Use a +RW first. Then if that works, try a +R.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have tried different movies, all with the same problems. i can make a memorex dvd+rw and it plays fine in my player, then when i burn to a dvd+r memorex, it doest work. the computer wont even recognize it. i am going to order some riteks tommorow so ill try them
    Quote Quote  
  12. You say your gonna make some basketball DVDs? Sounds like your gonna capture and author your own disks for that, so maybe forget the rip backups and do those now.

Get to the DVD compliant mpeg2 files however you plan to, take those and author with Tmpgenc dvd author. Use power DVD to play the files off your hard drive and make sure they work. Then use the Tmpgenc DVD author programs built in burner to burn the disk. I have a different burner, but that never failed me yet.
    You could even re-auther a DVD from your ripped files using that program.
    Might be a good test. If that doesn't work for you then I would have no geuss as to why not. Pretty simple and straight forward and the program does about everything. If that does work, then look to see if you can see any difference in the files on your disks. Like if something is missing. Once you create a disk that does work, the files will still be on your drive, then maybe try a second disk with the same files using the burning methode your doing now and see if that still works, if not you'll have it narrowed down to a burning problem.

I use cheapo disks and now riteks also.

You do have the VIDEO_TS folder all in caps and all the files in there right?
    Also an empty AUDIO_TS folder on the disk too right?
    overloaded_ide

Spambot FOOD
    Anti-Spam
    Quote Quote  
  13. sitlet,
    Try ripping a DVD-5 disc using DVD Decrypter. It's a no brainer and easy to use. If this doesn't work you should try -R discs. Your Pioneer may be better at those.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok ill try your suggetions using tmpg author. i acutally already made some short clips from my basketball dvd im working on. i used adobe premiere to edit, dvdit pe to author and nero to burn. that worked fine using a dvd+rw. then again, my dvds im trying to copy work on a dvd+rw too, but not on a +r. i have tried optimum dvd-rs, but i heard those were cheapo so thats why they didnt work. and i also tried tdk -rs and they didnt really work either. so im going to order some ritek dvd-rs tonight and try those when i get them.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok now im really pi**ed off. i just got my 25 pack ritek g04 from meritline. i backed up 12 monkeys on my computer today and burned it at 1x. it burned perfectly fine. i put it in my dvd player and it says the disc is dirty. i bought a cheap daewoo dvd player the other day that supposedly plays anything you throw at it. i put it in there and as soon as it started playing it stopped. i put it in my computer and it did the same thing. media player started playing it then imediatly stopped. same thing with windvd. this is the same thing that happened with my other media. the backup will play fine on my computer. but something is happening in the burning process. something is telling the player to stop instead of to start playing. i am using nero 6.xx.19. i tried recornowmax but it doesnt recognize my burner. this is really retarted and im not wasting another blank dvd until i find out whats wrong. can anyone please help me?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    update: i tried burning 12 monkeys to a dvd+rw and like all the other +rw's ive used it works. this is really annoying and it is really bothering me. why can my burner make a dvd+rw that works, but not a dvd+r or a dvd-r? i already sent my last burner back figuring it was defective. now i have another 106 and its doing the same thing. is there something wrong with this burner again? that seems very wierd that the same thing would happen to two burners. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME??? this is bugging me so much that i cant get this burner to work.
    Quote Quote  
  17. sitlet, have you looked on the Pioneer site (or made a Google search) to see if there was a firmware update?
    Have you tried earlier versions of Nero, v5.5.10.50 for example ( http://www.dvdshrink.info/burning-compatibilities.php )?
    Have you tried burnatonce, a free and user-friendly software to burn to DVD-R ( http://www.dvdshrink.info/burnatonce.php )?
    ddlooping
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok so i downloaded the latest burnatonce and tried to burn with that. i burned 2 dvd-r coasters. it started to burn then had an error. i dont think that burn at once is compatable with my pioneer 106. the same error happens with a dvd+rw. this is what the error says when i burn to a dvd+rw(the same error happens with a -r just replace +rw with -r in the log):

Found DVD+ media but DVD+R/DVD+RW support code is missing.
    If you need DVD+R/DVD+RW support, ask the Author for cdrecord-ProDVD.
    Sorry, no CD/DVD-Recorder or unsupported CD/DVD-Recorder found on this target.
    Cdrecord 2.01a16-dvd (i686-pc-cygwin) Copyright (C) 1995-2003 J÷rg Schilling
    Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
    Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
    Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to <warly@mandrakesoft.com>.
    Note: The author of cdrecord is not to be bothered with problems in this version.
    TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
    Using libscg version 'rs-0.7+'
    Driveropts: 'burnfree'
    atapi: -1
    Device type : Removable CD-ROM
    Version : 0
    Response Format: 2
    Capabilities :
    Vendor_info : 'PIONEER '
    Identifikation : 'DVD-RW DVR-106D'
    Revision : '1.05'
    Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.
    Current: 0x001A
    Profile: 0x001B
    Profile: 0x001A (current)
    Profile: 0x0014
    Profile: 0x0013
    Profile: 0x0011
    Profile: 0x0010
    Profile: 0x000A
    Profile: 0x0009
    Profile: 0x0008
    Using generic SCSI-3/mmc CD-ROM driver (mmc_cd).
    Driver flags : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
    Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96P RAW/R96R
    Drive buf size : 1605632 = 1568 KB
    FIFO size : 45158400 = 44100 KB
    Unspecified command not implemented for this drive.
    WARNING: Could not manage to find medium size, and more than 90 mins of data.
    Track 01: data 4192 MB
    Total size: 4815 MB (477:04.04) = 2146803 sectors
    Lout start: 4815 MB (477:06/03) = 2146803 sectors
    Current Secsize: 2048
    Starting to write CD/DVD at speed 18 in real SAO mode for single session.
    Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ... I/O error. write_g1: scsi sendcmd: retryable error
    CDB: 2A 00 FF FF FF 6A 00 00 1F 00
    Sense Bytes: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 21 02
    Sense Key: 0x5 Illegal Request, Segment 0
    Sense Code: 0x21 Qual 0x02 (invalid address for write) Fru 0x0
    Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
    cmd finished after 0.008s timeout 200s
    input buffer ready.
    Writing pregap for track 2 at -150
    write track pad data: error after 0 bytes
    BFree: 1568 K BSize: 1568 K
    Starting new track at sector: 0

CDB: 2A 00 00 00 23 5C 00 00 1F 00
    cmd finished after 0.002s timeout 200s
    A write error occured.
    Please properly read the error message above.

write track data: error after 18538496 bytes
    Writing time: 10.638s
    Average write speed 999.0x.
    Min drive buffer fill was 78%
    Fixating...
    Fixating time: 0.000s
    fifo had 980 puts and 293 gets.
    fifo was 0 times empty and 74 times full, min fill was 99%.

so what do i try next? i want to try recordnowmax, but it doesnt recognizemy burner as a burner, just as a read drive.
    Quote Quote  
  19. sitlet, I'm certain burnatonce supports the Pioneer 106, so I'd advise you to go to the burnatonce support forums.
    http://www.burnatonce.com/forums/index.php?act=idx
    Post the log file generated when trying to write to DVD-R (not DVD+R(W) as they are not supported).
    ddlooping
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i didnt save the log when i burned the -r's and im not going to waste another one to try to get the error log. i read on the forums that usb burners do not work well with burnatonce. my 106 is in a usb 2.0 enclosure. anything else i can try?
    Quote Quote  
  21. "anything else i can try?"
    Sorry, sitlet, I ran out of suggestions/ideas.
    ddlooping
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well thanks man i really appreciate your help. im going to borrow my friends ez cd/dvd creator and try that. i know that software isnt real good but im out of options. there has to be something wrong with nero of my burner because it writes fine to an +rw but not to a -r.
    Quote Quote  
  23. "well thanks man i really appreciate your help"
    You're welcome.
    ddlooping
    Quote Quote  
  24. Does you pioneer 106 drive act as MASTER or SLAVE on which IDE channel?? I have the same burner,and found that on some systems the writer is very picky about how the physical connections are in the PC.. If you really want to try something,then put the 106 as MASTER on IDE2 and nothing else on the same IDE channel.

That said,i have had both the 104,105 and now the 106 and i am sorry to say Pioneer STINKS.. I have had nothing but trouble with these writers. Finally i find some media that work great with video and xbox,then i move the writer to a new system,and the same discs doesn´t work anymore,try and explain that.. Goes to show,media workability is system dependent..
    If it aint broke, don´t fix it.

HAPPY 100th HARLEY-DAVIDSON

Keep up the assembly line Willie G.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can try to swap it out with your friends PC and then try to burn on that. Also, did you try to author and burn using dvd author? I have never had a problem with that.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well i have a laptop, so my 106 is in a usb 2.0 external enclosure. teh 106 is set to master i think. but how would i set my dvd/cdrw in my laptop to slave? my problem isnt in the authoring process. i use either dvd shrink 2.x or 3 beta 5. the movie plays fine on my computer and will play fine in my standalone is burned to a dvd rw disc. the problem is when i try to make a permanent copy using ritek dvd-r, to movie will play then immediatly stop. its something wrong in the burning process with nero thats teling the dvd player to stop instead of play. i have tried burnatonce and that didnt work right with my burner, and i have recordnowmax but it doesnt recognize my burner.

edit: well if my 106 is the master and the dvd/cdrw in my laptop is the master, could i set the burner to cable select? what would that do
    Quote Quote  
  27. cable select is a NO NO. It rarely works. I am not that familiar with laptops and master/slave settings,you will have to consult your manual on how to do that..

You are sure your laptop supports USB 2.0?? If i had to guess why you get all these errors on the burning process,i would have to say compatability issues. It seems like even though nero recognises the drive,it might not apply the correct burn settings when burning,thinking your drive might be an internal one.. Is there any way of taking it out of the case and installing it in a desktop setting??

Secondly in my experience DVD+R/W only works on a small % of standalone dvd players (maybe that has changed with newer ones),so in order to get the most compatability,try and use the excact same dvd,only DVD-R/W and the same backup/authoring programs every time.. There is some dvd´s that are harder to backup than others,so try and use one that is only single layer at first.

It is imperative that your drive is MASTER,pioneer techs i have spoken to,says the drive won´t function properly in a slave setting as secondary device
    If it aint broke, don´t fix it.

HAPPY 100th HARLEY-DAVIDSON

Keep up the assembly line Willie G.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok so i tried making an image using image tool and burning with dvd decryptor. the image turned out fine, but when burning with decryptor, the burning failed at about 60% every time. i also tried burning the image with burnatonce, and again it wouldnt burn. so i tried burning the image with nero. when burned to a dvd+rw it wrks as usual. but then i tried to burn to a dvd-r and again it burned fine, but when i tried to play in in my player or in the computer, it stops as soon as it plays. i did notice one thing with the ritek dvd-rs though, about 1/2 cm into the discs is a little line. its on all of the riteks. could this line be causing the movie to stop as soon as it plays?
    Quote Quote  
  29. I'm surprised recordnow doesn't recognize the 106/A06. Have you gotten the lastest patch?
    http://support.sonic.com/downloads/engine.asp
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    my friend had record now and i borrowed it from him. it recognizes my drive,but not as a burner. is there any other burning software i can use ?
    Quote Quote