VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been searching for a multimode DVD-burner; ideally DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW and DVD-RAM.

Have only found two:
    LG-4040 and Iomega's Super DVD (SKU 32680) drive.

Unfortunately, they do not support DVD-RAM cartridges (which I prefer to protect mission critical computer Data).

Are there any multimode drives out there that support DVD-RAM cartridges?

Otherwise, I guess the closest one is the latest Panasonic drive (SW-9572); DVD-R, DVD-RW and DVD-RAM (or are there alternatives as well)…..???

p.s. My first post here
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think you know the answer viking (good that you did some research first).

AFAIK Panasonic are the only people who do cartridge DVD-RAM. One question though is why do you want a cartridge type? I have an LG-4020 and the DVD-RAM discs I have used seem pretty robust even though they are not cartridged.

Not much help we can give you, however why not buy the Panasonic and then if you feel you need a +R recorder buy one of those separately (costs more I know!)?

Jukka
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think Panasonic has a new burner on the way, in a short time. One which has a 3x -RAM write speed. There was a post about 4-6 weeks ago int the latest news forum, I think it was made by BJ_M, you might want to find that post and see how long 'til it arrives. If not the LF-D521 (SW9571 or whatever it is) is your only choice. Unless you want to get something older.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote