VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)

Poll: Which end do I open first?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi
    not trying to confuse u all,but my dvd writer came in bubble wrap,so wot good is a box cutter gona do me.suggestions on a postcard to the usual address plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz
    go on give a newbie a chance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aberboy0
    hi
    not trying to confuse u all,but my dvd writer came in bubble wrap,so wot good is a box cutter gona do me.suggestions on a postcard to the usual address plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz
    Bubble wrap? You got ripped off! Don't you know that you are really just paying for the box? The things inside are worthless. Metal and plastic junk is all, the box is the real thing you need.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're rigth:
    The medium is the message!

Bubblewrap is cheap media and won't work with professional equipment.
    And if you are in PAL-land, don't ever use NTSC media (or vice versa).
    These are different media formats (like + and - Boxes) and won't fit into your storage (or you must buy NTSC/PAL multi storage).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thought I was all set, but UPS put some tape on the box the cover/fix their rough handling:

Had to use my special version of Boxcutter, cracked to remove the need for a dongle
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There's a dvd writer in the box?

I was wondering why the salesman gave me a box with the picture of a dvd writer on it. I thought the writer itself came in the mail with my rebate check. (A short 8 week wait.)

I hope I didn't throw the box away!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Ok I'm a noob so be kind,
    I just installed my DVD writer and I can't get it to work.I put in a Princo DVD-R(the salesperson said they are the best) and when I tried to burn using Nero 4.12.34.56.78 it says "invalid media...please insert a disk".
    My DVD writer is made by Iomega and says "Zip" or something like that,can somebody PLEASE HELP ME!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Force the disc in! Don't be such a baby! Try folding it. If it's too brittle soak it in gasoline 'til it becomes squishy.

Go for it. What do you have to lose?
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    The Rogue Pixel: Pixels are like elephants. Every once in a while one of them will go nuts.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Coming back in late and have not read the last page but if your still having problems why dont you get recordnow max to do it for you as if what im led to believe this programe can do anything

Who will be upset with this statment lol
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After reading all the responses to how to open a box, I did a little research on the DVD makers sites, including Sony, Pioneer and NEC. I found that they had plenty of help on how to use the DVD recorders after the box is open, but nothing on how to get it out of the box. I am soon faced with this same problem as I am going to be ordering a new DVD recorder. I want to stay legal and use the correct tools so that the MPAA and the RIAA and the FBI and others wont come busting down my house like they did with Gazorgan. I know that I will have the box X-rayed to make sure the writer is in the box before attempting to open it tho. Maybe I will get lucky and receive the recorder in a zip lock box. Those I know how to open.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by The village idiot
    Even found some really big boxes that I could like ship myself in,
    You hear about the guy that shipped himself from New York to Dallas in a box because the shipping was cheaper than the ticket? He actually made it through every security checkpoint (even making noise) until he came to DFW International, where he was caught.

Was about a month ago.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes! Saw it on TV. All he had to say for himself was, "Yeah. That was stupid." :cD
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    The Rogue Pixel: Pixels are like elephants. Every once in a while one of them will go nuts.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And correct, you can ship yourself cheaper that airfare. Fedex is about $110 for the first hundred pounds, and then a penny a pound after that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And correct, you can ship yourself cheaper that airfare. Fedex is about $110 for the first hundred pounds, and then a penny a pound after that.
    Where can I buy a box big enough for a car. I'd like to see the Fedex charges on that. A penny per poun ain't bad when the box is a few tons. :P
    Quote Quote  
  14. Maybe you've downlaoded the Nimo BoxCutter Lite version... download the Adware version...preferably 6 Beta 1.3A. Comes with free guides and warez for advanced Boxcutting tools such as CCBox Plus... but i found those boxes to have extra tape... can make your box look really ugly, but all that matters is getting it open, right?
    Quote Quote  
  15. uhhh r yall freal bout which way to open a box or jp? cuz...its there REALLY a certain way??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Drewness
    uhhh r yall freal bout which way to open a box or jp? cuz...its there REALLY a certain way??
    Ummm... yeah... sure...
    Opening the wrong end will um... uh... oh yeah.. void the warranty.

NOT REALLY!
    Quote Quote  
  17. You're all so blind !!!

Any fool knows the best way to get the box off, is to Burn it right ?

So all I need to know now is what speed should I burn it off at ? 8)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Phil Thomas
    You're all so blind !!!

Any fool knows the best way to get the box off, is to Burn it right ?

So all I need to know now is what speed should I burn it off at ? 8)
    I like the four gallon speed, but some like 8 gallon.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do not try to open the box. That's impossible. Instead, realise the truth. There is no box.

Now watch the MPAA come after me for unauthorized transfer of their movie content.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Get the DFW guys to open the box, I guess they must have opened that mans box, so they should be expirenced

I did not here about that, but I don't watch TV, or listien to the radio much either. Actually I seldom even read a paper. I just come to DVDrhelp for all the news I want to here or care about

Hmm, is there any REAL law against shipping yourself? I could use a vacation, any of you live near a good shipping point I could come visit awhile?

How about you Village, we could mod some printers, get the box opener ready. AND PRACTICE before I get there

Hmm, does fedex give frequent fliers miles?
    overloaded_ide

Spambot FOOD
    Anti-Spam
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Since there is a waiting period to be able to post questions, I'll bump this now. The questions should start rolling in any time now
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Since there is a waiting period to be able to post questions, I'll bump this now. The questions should start rolling in any time now
    LOL I totally forgot about this GREAT thread

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I could give you my oppinion...but I would have to ask how much property damage your homeowners insurance has on it?
    If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh no. Not more
    ....and what ever happened to Gees. did she go under a bus , or what ?
    Quote Quote