VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Which end do I open first?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Newbie Help Needed!!!!! Now !!!

Thanks to all the great box instuctions posted here, I finally got mine open. Now here's the problem: I put the burner on top of my computer (with duct tape as was mentioned in an earlier post) and now it won't burn anything!!! I can't even get the tray open to put in a disc!!! Help!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I cant believe this has been going on for so long. If any of you would have done a search you would have seen that this woman will open your box for free, all you have to do is pay for the ammo.

SLICK RICK
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    Nobody likes a bunch of yackity-yack.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can't believe you are trying to open the box YOURSELF! You need a professional to open that box and I have just the person...ME. Simply take your box with the DVD Writer in it, put into a bigger box, tape it up, put MY address on the outside, and ship it to me. I will be glad to open your box that contains the DVD writer in it by using my professional box opening tools. I will then test your writer, put it back in the original box, put that box into another box, FOLD the second box closed, and ship it back to you.

Now doesn't that sound easy? Better than trying to open that pesky box on your own with box security breathing down you neck. Who knows, box security may have alerted the RIAA or MPAA about your activities. One of those organizations may at this very moment be trying to bring criminal charges against you because one of those organizations may own the copyrights to the box YOU my friend are trying to open by yourself without express written consent!

Just let me know if you need my services and I will be glad to assist you.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Are all you people single out there? I just go to work and when I get home all my mail is already opened. So just mail the box to yourself and I'm sure when you get home tomorrow it will be open and waiting for you....Terence
    Quote Quote  
  5. I just thought of something. We might all be in REAL trouble. This is supposed to be an "open" forum and we are discussing a closed box.......I'm so scared I just messed my..........................Boxers!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well I really didn't want to help a newbie with such a SIMPLE task but I can't stand it no more.

There are many software programs that you can use to open your box. One of the most popular is BOX2OPEN and of course there is InstantBoxOpen 7.0 (8.0 is in beta though some claim to have the retail version). Let us not forget BoxXopen and BoxXopen Express. These are all PAY programs however you could try the FREEWARE program OpenBoxShrink which actually shrinks the box until it explodes but hey what can you expect for a FREE program?

However if you want to do it the best way possible forget all the software mentioned above. Although they WILL open your box QUICKLY they will not do it with much quality. So to do it the right way you need a program called OPENBOX4U. This program is FREEWARE however it requires that you have BOXScenarist which only costs about $2,500 but once you have that program you simply download OPENBOX4U and follow the guides on the doom69.org website and there you go.

Your box will be open the way it SHOULD be open.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

*** EDIT ***
    My apologies. When using OPENBOX4U you will need the $2,500 BOXScenarist as well as CCBOX 2.5 which is around $1,500
    I'm sorry but this is the only way to open your box with true quality.
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Gotta say: I just adore this thread!!

What a collection of witty, funny, clever people.
    Kept me smiling and laughing all day. :c)
    Unique.

PS FulciLives- Got a crack for that BOXScenarist??? ;c)
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    The Rogue Pixel: Pixels are like elephants. Every once in a while one of them will go nuts.
    Quote Quote  
  8. If its a sony i would sugest leaving it in the box
    that way you wont have to re box it when you put it back.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Mmmm, pizza! Could you send them to my house next? I'm hungry.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  10. OMFG, I Must say I don't post very much, but I read the boards here a lot, and I have never laughed so hard in my life......... YOU guys (and/or girls) are great......

STILL LMFAO.......

Thanks For Making My Day........
    sFX WE
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see someone read my post!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Last night I made some tests with different boxes and found the following:
    some of the boxes could be opened with a box opener (which is set to all boxing-regions codes (BRC)).But some boxes seem to BRCE (boxing-region code enhanced), which means, they can only be opened with the opener set to the correct BRC.
    I.e in EU you can't open boxes from US or China.
    A further issue: with most boxes you have to circumvent an opening protection scheme, which should prevent the unauthoritzed ripping of boxes.I think, there are some box openers to be found, which have this ripping tool attached.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You got a box? How the F--- did you get a box??!!!

I didn't get a box. I want a box!

Can you help me find a box?
    I tried to download one off Kazaa, but it's in the wrong format.
    How to I convert it to a box that fit around my player?

Also, it has "screener" and "not for sale or rent" on it.
    How can I remove that? I don't want an ugly box!
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank Discs • Best TBCs • Best VCRs for capture • Restore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why aren't you guys responding? it's been 30 whole seconds....

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME.... I'm AN ULTRA-RETARD NOOB NEWBIE that all into kewl hackerz warez and stuff...

This box thing is the shiznit... it'z da bomb !!!

.... I need help though because, as you can tell, I'm even too stupid to use proper English.

SOMEBODY? HELP!!!! COME ON!!!!!!!!!!
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank Discs • Best TBCs • Best VCRs for capture • Restore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Go to ebay:
    They are selling a lot of boxes these days.
    Some are empty, some are not.For your purpose, an empty one will do.
    If you want good quality, ask a friend.He can give you his box and you can make a copy (but you have to install your box writer before, which comes of course in a box).

And you stupid ones can't even count:it were 120 seconds.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    Why aren't you guys responding? it's been 30 whole seconds....

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME.... I'm AN ULTRA-RETARD NOOB NEWBIE that all into kewl hackerz warez and stuff...

This box thing is the shiznit... it'z da bomb !!!

.... I need help though because, as you can tell, I'm even too stupid to use proper English.

SOMEBODY? HELP!!!! COME ON!!!!!!!!!!
    I just downloaded a bunch of boxes from Uselessnet. And they are all burner and apps boxes! Even found myself a double super secret platinum key for my box cutters. I am now all set for anything. Even found some really big boxes that I could like ship myself in, but those haven't finished the download yet. Woo Hooo
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @Fulcilives

Why are you bothering with all that payware, you could use BoxRipper (v2.41) and rip the box in 'Burner' mode, however you don't get all the manuals, etc then.

Or you could follow the advice that actually is the best way: assuming the burner is NOT multi-format then you could use BoxDecrypter which will rip your box in 'All Contents' mode, this way you can then use it to produce an EXACT copy that is open - its the standard way, don't know why people keep asking all these questions.

IF it is a multiformat burner, you need to rip first with BoxDecrypter and then use something like BOX2ONE or BoxShrink (v3b5), these will produce an almost perfect copy of the box (open of course). However there will be some loss of quality, I think what will happen is that your 4x burner may only then burn at 2x, but the difference is negligible. There are some clever options in BoxShrink under 'Re-Construct', that way you can select the burner only (and not lose 4x burning) and not the manuals.

In the end pick a way that suits you and enjoy.

Anyone need any help let me know,

Jukka.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is all well and good and I managed to open my first yesterday! Cheers for the tips! :c)

But, now I'm stumped. That was a single layer box. What do I do about a dual layer box. :c*

Can I make it fit into my newly opened single layer?

Thanks in advance.
    The Rogue Pixel: Pixels are like elephants. Every once in a while one of them will go nuts.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can use BoxShrink for this task.But beware, if you want to preserve the same quality, you'll need to split the box into two.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    why even take it out the box?

I'm sure it would look great in a system like this one HERE
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, Dragon. Is there a guide for a noob for that? :c*

Mack - aren't you developing some sort of tool for that? Thought I saw it mentioned in LOTS of threads. Maybe I'm mixed up?

:cD
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gees
    Thanks, Dragon. Is there a guide for a noob for that? :c*

:cD
    Yes, do a forum search.I'm sure, there are posts regarding this topic.I could do a walkthrough with you, but time doesn't permit.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This goes against my principles since as I said before you should leave it in the box but here are a couple of tips:

I must warn you that using my methods voids the box warranty.
    8)
    I give my boxes to my dog to open but this trick may not work for you because my dog is a ..... boxer.

Any toddler (under 3 years old) will open that box for you and quickly discard the contents because their prize is the box and they aren't interested in the content. Caution! Be ready to catch it when the toddler tosses the writer aside. Do not! I repeat. Do not try to take the empty box away from the child under any circumstances.

P.S.
    If this is a plain wrapped parcel then ignore my second method since it is illegal in most countries to give certain material to anyone under 18 and the content may be highly objectionable. Ignorance of the law is not a defence.

If all else fails you may want to provide better specs for this box. Your problem is not uncommon but as you can see the solutions are varied depending on the dimensions of the box, it's principle material composition and other charateristics. Labels affixed to boxes are known to throw them off balance and render most box opening schemes ineffective. Please provide more details.

I hope that this is not your problem but I recall one stupid noob took a screwdriver and pried a cd writer from it's metal case and then wondered what to do with the inards. What a mess but I got it back together again... er... I mean so I am told, he got it back together again.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have nothing to add, no other advice to give. I just want to say I'm laughing myself silly reading this thread. I can't tell you how much I needed a laugh today...I appreciate it so much.

I hope that this is not your problem but I recall one stupid noob took a screwdriver and pried a cd writer from it's metal case and then wondered what to do with the inards. What a mess but I got it back together again... er... I mean so I am told, he got it back together again.
    FUNNY!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  25. WARNING!

Do not try the hachet opening method on a printer box!
    I got my printer yesterday. I think Fedex was trying to be nice to me, help me avoid this boxing delima by using the ax method and thus save me the effort.

It did not work! Yes I mean both the box and printer!
    They only succeeded in opening a couple small areas of the printer box!

I had friends over for a small party after the printer was delivered. They are a small band. They are an Un-rap band. Somehow they opened the box for me. I didn't see how they did it though. I was busy out in the yard shooting up!

Took 3 shots, but the cat is out of the tree now!

So anyway, the printer is out of the box. The front paper loading rods are out the case on one side
    The printer does not work!

The cat is fine!

Ps.
    I was not shooting at the cat, only the tree above the cat, thus chasing it down the tree.
    overloaded_ide

Spambot FOOD
    Anti-Spam
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i would like to point out that while setting fire or taking an axe to the box of a dvd burner may surfice this method is not recommended for opening your childrens christmas presents as whilst the contents may be fine the box will be completely destroyed and the kids will have nothing to play with ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    HEEEEEEELLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!!

Im a newbie too, would someone show me how to tie my shoe lace's, because i've fallen and i can't get up.
    I Have Always Been Here

Toshiba Regza 37Z3030D, Toshiba HD XE1 + EP-10 ( Both Multiregioned), Samsung BD-P1500 Blu Ray. OPPO DV-983H
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Help I've fallen and I can't reach my beer.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No one has asked the most important question? Is you box + or - ? You guys might be using the wrong boxcutters if you don't know what format it is! You might ruin the poor guys box and then what would he be left with...?
    Quote Quote  
  30. Hey.

Found this highly informative thread today, just wonder one thing.. What does AXE got to do with this!? Do you spray it on the box or what?? Personally im kind of a Hugo Boss fan, but Chanel is ok (on a girl. hehe). What it does on a box i havenŽt checked yet. And also i..

Hey!!!!! YouŽre talking about THAT kind of Axe!!!! Gee sorry :P

In that case... Hmm.. LetŽs see.. First off, never do apply an axe on the box, you might damage the box and render it useless! Also if you do it the wrong way the warranty on the box is pretty much out of the window.

So instead, Order the burner and instead of axiŽn the box make someone chop both your arms off! Then when the delivery guy sees you heŽll most likely offer to open the box for you. This is great since you wonŽt risk your life and limbs like if you would have gone with the dangerous "boxcutter" method. The delivery guy will have to take the risk!!

Hope it helps.

Cheetahfan
    Quote Quote