VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Which end do I open first?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread

1. Er a fav brit trick is to take box to top of tallest building you can find...Yes we do have a few...and drop the aforesaid box over the edge. I find the quickest way to retrieve the box and its contents is too jump after it. Make sure you land head first as it dont hurt as much....Rather than take the long slow route via the stairs or lift (Never working anyway). The end result should be one opened box and contents that will never cause you any problems with installation or working.
    There is another way which involves setting fire to the box but you need to find a way into the box first to ignite the burner.....A small drilled hole should surfice.
    Btw. Never tried either version and i will take no responsibilty for any problems caused by using either of the methods mentioned.
    Not bothered by small problems...
    Spend a night alone with a mosquito
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did it! I got it open! I read all these replies, bought -R axe (everyone says they're best, right)? And it worked.

OK, now what do I do? Do I take what's inside it out? How do I connect the box? Should I format it?

Please help! Urgent!

Oh..... and I want the highest possible quality from this box!

Thanks in advance.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    The Rogue Pixel: Pixels are like elephants. Every once in a while one of them will go nuts.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why is no one helping me!!?? >:v{ I've been waiting! What's wrong with this forum??!!!!
    The Rogue Pixel: Pixels are like elephants. Every once in a while one of them will go nuts.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Gees
    Why is no one helping me!!?? >:v{ I've been waiting! What's wrong with this forum??!!!!
    I wont help you because I am a +axe fanboy and you used -axe

BTW why would you open ddlooping's box?
    You stop me again whilst I'm walking and I'll cut your fv<king Jacob's off.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You are allll stupid!!! This board reeks!!! I'm going too where I can egt some real help!!! :cP
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tompika
    Originally Posted by The village idiot
    And here is a serial fo rthe box cutter (shhhhh! don't tell the mods about this):
    DH634JGFM-HW7645GBF-JJER52-KKDHS664-0000JFTR-NCDALYO5BC211
    Nope this one is already blocked.

You can find the working registration number here:
    http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~tchung/pi_val.html
    Some fool tried to register it, now mine doesn't work. I'm really screwed now I've got a box of blank Cds coming in, and no way to open them..... WHAT am I going to do.........................
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    blank Cds
    what are they? what's on them? can you email me some?

or put them on floppies?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Dumb people! All these idiot waisted posts about how to open a box when you could be doing something important like giveing me answers to my ACTAUL important problems!

I Just got a dual format Butner NEC 1300A, (dumb people with box problems )
    I bought Oem (ha ha) but I got no instructions with it!
    HELP, I got it installed just fine, but where do I light the pilot light on this burner??? Need help Quick! I got it installed In the wall between the bathroom and kitchen just fine with 3 penny nails, but can't find the pilot light.

Also I have searched and red all the guides, but still can't find where to get Dual Burner Feul!! I expect to need more - feul than + feul, so where can I get it? I will be using - as a suplementalcase heat in the bathroom, while + is mostly for backup heat in the kitchen to keep pipes from freezing when I am not home this winter. SO I really need more - feul.
    overloaded_ide

Spambot FOOD
    Anti-Spam
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Overloaded - I think your best investment would be some RW fuel. I think you can use it again and agian and save loads of money! :c))) WOW!

Try it.

I am getting one I saw on a website. Better than yours! Bunson burner or sumthing. I think it's portable!
    Quote Quote  
  10. The easiest way to open any box is to have it shipped. Just take the box to your local shipper or post office and arrange delivery of the box to your home address.

They must have special tools in the shipping depots because it is certain to arrive opened.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    They must have special tools in the shipping depots because it is certain to arrive opened
    :cD Brilliant!!!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hi all.

I am overwelmed by the number of replies and proposed solutions, so first, let me express my deepest gratitude:
    *ddlooping expressing his deepest gratitude*

I haven't had time to try any of them yet, but I will as soon as I found a way to open the cupboard in which I stored the box.

I am affraid I will not be able to try anything involving explosives, power tools and the like though, as my doctor advised me not too.
    The medications I'm taking tend to make me drowsy and that could be dangerous.
    I could end up killing the cat, or worse, burning the carpet.

I think the best solution so far, and I don't mean the others are bad, is sending the box to myself via the post office.
    It is bound to arrive opened.
    My only concern is the box being sent to the wrong address.

If I managed to copy the registration key, I will probably try the yellow-box-cutter method first.
    ddlooping
    For DVD Shrink guides & goodies: DVDShrink.info
    My "other" site: Teaching-Tools
    Quote Quote  
  13. Good luck with your box opening ddlooping.

Just in case things don't quite go to plan, do you prefer flowers or chocolates when visited in hospital
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. Good luck. I will watch your cat for you 'til you recover. :c)

Just put him and his food & toys in a box.......... no wait........that might be a problem :c*
    Quote Quote  
  15. Thanks for your words of encouragement, bugster, I appreciate it.

The friends who visit me regularly at the hospital would tell you I'm a chocolate man.

But I'm going there often enough for my treatment, so let's hope I don't end up there for trying to open a silly box.
    ddlooping
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hello Gees.

Thank you for your offer. I'll take you up on it if the need arises.
    I do hope it won't though.
    ddlooping
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One tip you get your box surely opened and delivered to your address:
    send it from outside your country (let's say Mexico, if you live in America or Netherlands in Europe) to yourself.Put a green label outside with the text (gift/no value) and declare it as non toxic.
    I'm sure , your opened box will be correctly delivered to your house (maybe not by mail, but other uniformed people).
    As ou got a cat, a more quicker way is, to use the box as scratch tree.Wait some days, and the cardboard is stripped off.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Thanks for the reply, Dragonsf.

This does seem like it would work, but I have been advised not to travel.
    The last time I did, my luggage arrived at the right destination (it even flew in first class) but I ended up in the wrong airport (in the middle of suitcases and travel bags).
    ddlooping
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    One important side note...If you do open the box(I see you did) then you can no longer consider it new.

Please do not post "I have a new DVD burner and..." as we all know its not new anymore. Please refer it as fairly new, open box, or slightly used.

If you don't, we will know you are lying since Baldrick keeps a tally of all those who opened the box.

LOL
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know those cheap flights:your luggage goes as first class airmail directly to your destination and you have some stopovers without any reasons (the only reason, I can imagine is, they have to pick up more passengers on the way).Just found it cheaper to go from cologne to frankfurt to paris to london to tokyo than directly cologne to tokyo.
    (But I must admit, that is not too helpful with your problem).
    If time is no issue, why not apply some water on the cardborad, until it's rotten?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dragonsf
    why not apply some water on the cardborad, until it's rotten?
    Ooooh! That's a great idea! I'm going to soak everything I own before I open it! :c))) No more broken nails!

Thanks for the tip!
    Quote Quote  
  22. This post has been reported to the box protection society" who are currently tracking down ALL box abusers. If you promise to abuse no more boxes you WILL be granted an amnesty.
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
  23. RabidDog, my intent has never been to abuse the box, simply to open it.

Do you have any suggestion that wouldn't go against the "box protection society" rules?
    ddlooping
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ddlooping, I'm going to get you!!!!

I went and got a boxcutter. 2 hours later the FBI Anti-Terrorist squad busted into my house. For some reason buying a boxcutter makes me a terrorist. I told them I'm jsut trying to open a box.

The bomb squad blew up my DVDR burner . After 4 hours they finally believed me when I said I wasn't a terrorist. Now they think I'm a Video Pirate because only Pirates would want to burn a DVD. This dam Pizza Van is in my packing space in front of my place, and it's been there 3 days. Everytime I go out to ask what it's doing it leaves. 10 minutes later a different pizza delivery van is there.

I'm so confused, your guide didn't say anything about Pizza Delivery trucks??? How much am I supposed to tip? I mean can I tip them the box cutter now that my box is blown up? I didn't order a pizza and they haven't delivered one, so maybe no tip? And if I tip the box cutter, then what am I supposed to open the pizza box with? Can I use the same guide or do I need to download a new boxcutter-codec?
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    One of the more effective ways to get a box open is to wrap it in Christmas wrapping paper and place it under the Christmas tree, after telling your spouse and/or kids not to open it until Christmas.
    Of course, this means leaving your Christmas tree up all year long, but then, doesn't everybody always say they wish every day were Christmas? This way it can be!
    Don't forget to look at the guides for how to wrap your box.
    Quote Quote  
  26. ebenton, this is by far the best method so far!!

Do I have to get married or have kids though, or can I use my neighbor's?
    Any particular tree you could recommend?

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, Gazorgan, but you cannot hold me responsible for what others suggested.

"...what am I supposed to open the pizza box with?"

You could try chewing through it, but it might spoil the taste of the pizza (if it had any to start with).
    ddlooping
    Quote Quote  
  27. Village Idiot,
    Help!!!

I just realized, my printer will be here today according to the FEdex tracking, and I bet it will be in a BOX. AUGHHHH

All I have is this DVD Burner box guide. I need a printer box guide!!

SHould be here anytime between now and 5 hours! Unless they wait till tommorow.

And number 4 is still at the ISP, wish I were there! At 3k I'm not much of anywhere ,and getting there isn't very fast.
    overloaded_ide

Spambot FOOD
    Anti-Spam
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think you are safe eating the Pizza box without opening it.
    the crusts are made out of the same stuff as the box anyway.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ebenton:

That Christmas was great but in this case wouldn't he need to wait until BOXING DAY or better yet invent a new holiday UNBOXING DAY
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ddlooping,

I'm sorry but I don't believe you have read the guides. You're just like any other noob who claims to have read the guides but can't find the answer.

However here is the answer:

1. Place box on table
    2. Locate end that says, 'Open This End' or 'Open Here'
    3. Remove selotape that is preventing box from opening
    4. Inside you will find a package, it will contain you DVD burner
    5. Remove excess wrapping (thats the wrapping you don't need)
    6. Locate installation instructions
    7. Read instructions
    8. Ignore instructions and post for help here

Thats what I did and someone gave me help, although 100 other people posted sarcastic wise cracks.

Hope this helps,

Jukka
    Quote Quote