VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Yes, I can confirm that the player records at 720 x 576 at SP.

New concern though: I tried to use smartripper to rip the vobs to harddrive. For some reason, i was unable to rip Vob 5, the final vob of a 2 hour sp recording. According to the pc it was corrupted or in use. I tried to copy/paste the vob, no luck. Tried it in a different pc, same problem. This is using one of the basic Cyberhome DVD +RW's. Anyone have some insight into this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. just to add to my previous post, this occured with 2 different recordings using different discs also.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Did you try using DVD Decrypter instead? I use this (for regular discs). With the CH-DVR1500 of course you can simply copy the VOBs using windows explorer to the hard drive as they do not contain region coding or macrovision

BTW the recorder does not create regular 1GB sized files it will always create 5 VOB files regardless of content and split the size between the VOBs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. i tried to copy them regularly using windows explorer and still encountered problems, as windows said the file was corrupt or in use (vob 5).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hey everyone,

I read above that many people rip their DVD+RW onto their computer, then burn to -R. How do you rip a DVD onto your computer?

Also, is there a way to find out which format (-R, +R etc) our DVD-ROM drive will play?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. You can can copy directly using windows explorer as there is no macrovision or region coding on cyberhome created discs. Alternatively you could use DVD Decrypter.

You can find out what your drive can handle using DVDInfoPro.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hey thanks Mediaman!

Does anyone know of any devices that remove macrovision that actually work and are a cheap price?

I still dont have a DVD burner for my laptop, but I'm wanting to get one. I'm thinking in the long run, it will be better to just copy DVDs on my computer through DVDxCopy, and just use the CyberHome for VHS and TV. Does anyone actually have any experience with DVDxCopy? Does it get around copy protection?
    Quote Quote  
  8. When you rip the DVD with DVD Decrypter it will remove the macrovision and region coding. You can then reduce the size with DVD X-Copy, Pinnacle Instant Copy or DVD Shrink.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I know that this is a cheaper brand compared to others. What I can't understand is why the only 2 players that I decided to buy cannot play DVD's. I'm talking about original DVD's nevermind recordables. It won't play them either.

I own a Cyberhome DVD500 player and it would play everything except DVD's. I had to change out the drive and then it started playing DVD's.

I decided to try their DVD recorder CH-DVR 1500 and right out of the box it would play everything but not DVD's. It wouldn't even recognize DVD+R or DVD+RW which is what it suppose to record on.

If anything I expect a DVD player to play DVD's and if anything have trouble with all the other stuff. This blows my mind. It's obviously going back for an exchange. I'll try one more and that's it. Is anyone else having trouble with DVD playback?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Just an update if anyone cares. I returned the defective unit and got another one. When I opened the box it appeared that someone had already opened it. Not only was everything a mess but the DVD case
    carrier (free gift) was missing. I decide to try and see if there was any playback issues and there weren't. It played DVD fine. I brought it back cause I wasn't about to keep one that somebody already messed with.
    I got a new one and it tested fine.

However, Tmpeg DVD Author does not recognize the DVD structure. One of my other authorer's did. I am going to keep this one for now and see.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I've had a few problems with this recorder viz. that Verbatim Datalife plus +R (4x) record and play on this recorder, but will not play on anything else - even the dvd burner on my pc. Memorex +R (2x) records perfectly and plays no all my dvd players, with one problem. If I try to make a copy of the disk, using dvddecrytor or Nero, it will start reading the disk and then stop at 99% with a read error. I have that same problem with the DVD+RW disks that came with this recorder - even though those disks do play in my dvd player. This is a problem because I was hoping to record to DVD+RW and then copy the disks to the Verbatim discs on my pc. I have 80 Verbatims and would like to use them, but the fact that I cannot copy any disks created on this recorder puts a spanner in the works. If I continue to have that problem I will have to return this recorder to the store, which would be a real shame.

Mediaman2000 - did you have to do anything special to be able to copy the disks with dvddecrypter? I've only been able to copy one out of 4 disks so far. I can't even copy the files using Explorer. I always get the message that the file or folder is corrupt or unreadable. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  12. Some of the +RW problems appear to have been fixed for the X models but not the P models. I had similar problems that you face and after testing a variety of discs it seems that Cyberhome let its recorder out the door too soon. It is more than a little bit less compatible than other +R/RW recorders. I have a feeling the real problem is in their crappy firmware.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I had excellent success making copies of my disk by just using the record now software that came will my hp burner. Had a couple that wouldnt copy, but burnt another in the recorder and copied them fine. Made about 60 copies with about 3 failures.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Austerville etc I suspect that your problem is your PC burner/ROM that you are using to copy the discs. I use my Pioneer 105. It will not work in my PC DVD-ROM. Check the compatibility of your PC burner here at dvdrhelp to ensure that it is fully compatible with DVD+RW/DVD+R. I did not do anything special to copy the discs. Just picked up the VIDEO_TS folder and dragged it to my harddrive. Had full success with all my DVD+RW discs (I don't use DVD+R would be a waste with the pathetic menus etc that the CH-DVR1500 creates!).

Good Luck!
    Quote Quote  
  15. I'm using the HP300i on my pc, which has had no problems with any other +R or +RW discs, aside from the ones that were recorded on this Cyberhome unit. I decided to give the Philips DVR75 a try to see if things work out better. I haven't had time to try it yet, but expect to copy a few VHS tapes tomorrow to put it through it's paces. If those discs work out fine I think I'll return the Cyberhome unit and keep the Philips instead. Other than the compatability issues I was very happy with the Cyberhome - and it appears to be MUCH easier to use than the Philips, but at the end of the day an incompatible disc is a useless disc.
    Quote Quote  
  16. My experience with the CyberHome DVR 1500:

1. Plays the +RW discs included with the recorder, just fine in my Sony NS300 Player. Plays my -R discs just fine. Records and plays +R discs and they also play on my NS300. Plays my cd-r's. Records my DV avi's right off the timeline...perfect reproduction of original material in real time. Say good-bye to software Mpeg conversions for my pc burner.

2. Audio ouput level about 35% low when recording from onboard tuner. My workaround: use a vcr tuner and A/V I/O jacks. Others have had same issue. No problem with other inputs. No biggie for me. Will be using my unit for multiple distribution to clients who want DVD instead of tape.

3. NO audio/video sync problems whatsoever.

4. Nice and slim....weight suggests some degree of quality. Does not look el cheapo.

5. My advice....read the manual! I followed the instructions in the manual, and everything works as it should.

6. No, it is not perfect, but for the price, it is great! Got mine a week ago at Wal-Mart....$248.00

7. Video/audio quality superb....lots of bang for the buck...very happy!

Many users shy away from cheap media. Found these on ebay, and thought I would try them just the same. They have not arrived yet, but was told they have the desired purple dye on the recording surface. Lots of positive feedback about the seller.

<EDITED -- DO NOT ADVERTISE PLEASE>
    Anyone else try the above?

Thanks....
    Quote Quote  
  17. Be warned the Cyberhome is very sensitive to the media it will accept! I bought some cheap DVD+R media as they stated they were settop compatible....low and behold they didn't work in the CH-DVR1500!

I would advise sticking to the compatible list on their website (some users have had problems with those even!):

http://www.cyberhome.com/tech_issues.asp?ID=35
    Quote Quote  
  18. I've noticed a problem with Fast Forward when I play a DVD recorded with the Cyberhome. When I try to go faster than 2X the video freezes at the current frame and after a few seconds I'm taken back to the DVD menu. If I quickly stop the fast forward, the video playback starts fine - but far downstream in the movie .... like way towards the end of the recording.

I'm using an Apex AD5131 to play the recorded DVD+R disc.

Has anyone else ran into this problem?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have noticed the problem with fast forwarding too but it only gives me a problem when fast forwarding at 16x. 2x, 4x and 8x work with no problem. At 16x it will skip to the end of the recording. This seems to be a problem with the Cyberhome because I can take the DVD+rw and put it in my Apex player and fast forward at all speeds with no problem.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!
    I have recently bought a new Cyberhome CH-1500 DVD recorder and I've been facing some problems. It is very possible that the answer may be easier than it seems so if anyone could please help me, I would really appreciate it!
    The model is Cyberhome CH-1500 DVD recorder.
    It is attached "cable", using (inputs) either S-Video cable and/ or Composite Video and Stereo Audio (these inputs are referred as Video InPut-1 ,S-Video Input-1, Stereo Audio Inputs, in the manual).
    I am using Composite Video Output and Stereo Audio Output (for connection with the TV).
    The format I'm monitoring it is TV.
    The CH-1500 was bought from USA, is supposed to be able for PAL & NTSC Playback and Recording. In the back, it mentions September 2003 (manufactured). The media causing the trouble is DVD ( I haven't tried to use any other format)

The problems I am facing are:
    1) It does not playback Region 2 DVDs (PAL). It states on the screen "Invalid Region Code". I've tried changing Output Format (from SetUp Menu) from NTSC to PAL, but I still get the same message.

2)When I put on my VCR (which supports PAL & ntsc playback) an NTSC videotape, in order to have a "Live Recording" from a VCR, what happens is:
    a) I have a momentary picture of what is being playbacked and immediately the picture freezes while the sound keeps going on normally. That is when I choose Video In-1 or Video In-2 (I checked on both)
    Sometimes I have no picture at all, but still the sound is OK
    b) I have a somehow bad quality black and white picture, still sound is OK (that is when I use S-Video In-1 or S-Video In-2- I checked on both).

3) Sometimes despite the recording (from a VCR - PAL tapes or a videocamera) seems to be going fine and recording is done, when I finalize I get an "error" message or "No Disc" message.

Please, if anyone could enlighten me regarding these matters, I would be grateful!
    All the best
    Dimitris
    Athens, Greece
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by dver17
    1) It does not playback Region 2 DVDs (PAL). It states on the screen "Invalid Region Code". I've tried changing Output Format (from SetUp Menu) from NTSC to PAL, but I still get the same message.
    You need a hack. Check "DVD Hack" link on the left.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi
    thanks for the reply. The question is that I do have a problem in PAL playback and in NTSC recording. If it was a single reason problem it shouldn't be like this I guess. Also, CH-1500 is supposed to be a multi region player and recorder. In that case it should play just everything, isn't it right?
    Best regards
    Dimitris
    Quote Quote  
  23. The CH-DVR1500 is NOT a multi-region player by default. It is a Region 1 player. You have to enter the remote hack to make it region free. Click here

https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php?select=Cyberhome+CH-DVR+1500

It will play unprotected PAL and NTSC discs fine. But if they are commercial you need the hack.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!
    Thanks for the info. Please could you suggest any link (or whatever) on how to buy or download a hack for my Cyberhome CH-1500?
    The link mentioned in the DVD Hack page is inactive.
    I'd be most grateful if you could help me on this!
    All the best
    Dimitris
    Quote Quote  
  25. There were new bios patches released again last week. Anybody know if they're worth the upgrade?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by realdeal4ever
    Yes, I can confirm that the player records at 720 x 576 at SP.

New concern though: I tried to use smartripper to rip the vobs to harddrive. For some reason, i was unable to rip Vob 5, the final vob of a 2 hour sp recording. According to the pc it was corrupted or in use. I tried to copy/paste the vob, no luck. Tried it in a different pc, same problem. This is using one of the basic Cyberhome DVD +RW's. Anyone have some insight into this?
    SP uses 4505 as the bitrate. i've checked it in tmpgenc dvd author and this is the number that comes up on every recording i've made in SP mode. i haven't even tried HQ because i haven't seen any loss in quality at all in SP, even after reauthoring in dvd author.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Hsn.com has it today for $244 - $25 rebate. If you have a $25% off (max $50) first time user coupon you could use that.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Yep... I saw it yesteraday on TV when I was browsing channels.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    I followed the instructions... it didn't help though, nothing happened...
    Was it just "press stop and press 00000 etc" or should there be something else not mentioned? Is there some other way to find the hack?
    Yet, and this is what troubles me, the CH-1500 is supposed to play and record BOTH PAL and NTSC, according to the manual.
    The facts are:
    1) I am not trying to tape copy protected material
    2) The rouble is not PAL only (Region 2) or NTSC only (Region 1), but PAL when doing playback and NTSC when recording!!! That sounds mulfunction, doesn't it?
    Any ideas, please?
    Best regards
    Dimitris
    Quote Quote