VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nowadays a lot of people use Proxy server to post message onNewsgroup.

I am wondering if anyone know how to trace a user's real IP address that is hidden behind the proxy server ?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if its an anon proxy -- no , unless you have
    access to it in person or via remote

generally speaking anyway ...
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok Thanks....
    Quote Quote  
  4. how can you trace an ip? no proxy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try this free program (NeoTrace) that gives you a graphical trace. It's the freeware version of one that law enforcement has used for tracing. Try it with an ISP in another continent and you may be suprised at the route the signal takes. Very educational. If someone uses a proxy, it will only report the proxy address, but you will be partway there. (http://www.networkingfiles.com/PingFinger/Neotraceexpress.htm)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    http://visualroute.visualware.com/ does exactly the same thing also (mentioned in list above) , and its free ..
    Quote Quote  
  8. Err its not free... trialware..
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by RabidDog
    :? Err its not free... trialware..
    the online is free ...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I am wondering if anyone know how to trace a user's real IP address that is hidden behind the proxy server ?
    After you trace the IP with some of the websites mentioned above, then you may still want to know who is the person behind the IP number and figure out why they are contacting you. Your can find out by running an SPAM & search includes: Current phone number, address, address history for 30 years, age, birthdates, household members, relatives, associates, property ownership, lawsuits, marriage, divorce, criminal records check, sex offenders, terrorist watch, bankruptcy, tax liens, and more stuff.

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    / Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    $ 50.00 for that _online background check
    Quote Quote  
  12. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    pilott, please don't dig up old topics to post in. Read our rules before posting.

If you do a 'whois' of a domain name/website/IP address, you will just get the registered owner of that site, along with it's listed location, not necessarily the person who you are looking for. For example a 'whois' of a AOL address won't give any info on the 100,000+ members that use the service. And all the information that site you list might give you is a matter of public record and there is no guarantee there is any info available there beyond basic information that can be obtained freely.
    Quote Quote