VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hmm... didn't work like I thought. I will have to figure out why it didn't look like it was supposed to... in the mean time it is also my homepage. I won't post the link to it here with out the moderators consent first, but the link is available in my profile...

EDIT: I decided to go ahead and delete the guide, since it was all in plain text form and really didn't make much sense that way. It appeared to cause more confusion than resolution. I read the How to make your own guide and it didn't give me enough information on how to transform a webpage made with MS FrontPage into something I could paste (I tried the HTML version) here. I did however submit my guide. You can also view it on my webpage. Sorry everyone for wasting your time.

Update: My guide can now be found in the Guides section.

Joey
    Quote Quote  
  2. Okay I give up. I used MS FrontPage to make my guide (because I don't know HTML and I'm too lazy to do it all manualy any way ). However if someone could lend me a hand in making it compatiple to this board I would appreciate it. I know the text part is all there, but it is detremental that all the coloring and pictures are included to make it truely understandable.

I'd be willing to email the .htm file to someone if they could fix it, or I could just post the HTML version from FrontPage here if the Mods express their approval. Anyway like I said before, you can view my profile and click my Homepage to view how it is supposed to look .

Sorry everyone for any dissapointment I may have caused you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As with most people that have worked hard on a particular problem
    for a long time , you have made the typical error in assuming that
    EVERYONE knows what you are doing. (tunnel vision)
    Your title or introduction doesn't even mention that the source
    of your video is from a limited subset of what is possible.
    Then suddenly we are ripping VCDs.

Think about the audience and realize we have NO CLUE until you tell us.

...and dont worry about the HTML until the content is OK
    Quote Quote  
  4. @ FOO

Thank you for your constructive imput... You did have a good point, however I don't recall mentioning anything about actually ripping a VCD at all. I did refer to using a .bin file which I guess could be misinterpreted.

Anyway I did edit the Title and added a small provision in the Introduction to remedy my oversight. Again I thank you for pointing it out to me. Now could you by chance assist me in my attempt to get the guide to appear as it should (with all the fancy bells and whistles) as seen on my homepage?

Joey

EDIT: I am just going to add this comment to the end of this one as not to BUMP this thread.

Okay I feel really stupid now <---- . All this time I have been working on making my guide look just it does on my webpage, when I could have just submitted it . Which is what I have just done (much easier ) , so I guess to really see what I was trying to do everyone will have to wait until it gets verified and added to the list.

In the mean time I would like to request that the MODs (if they see fit) move this thread to a better location, where I can just add a link or two in my guide to this thread for comments and such. Or just delete it if that would be better, I understand either way it goes. I would like to apologize for making such a mess of things and I hope this won't go on my permanent record or any thing . Anyway, hope somebody out there finds my guide useful.

Joey
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did not mean to be arrogant. I reported what I saw.
    You are arrogant for putting up a lame, unfinished guide,
    soliciting criticism , insulting the person that
    provided it, and then having the unmitigated gall to
    ask for more help. Figure it out for youself. There are already
    guides for it anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by FOO
    I did not mean to be arrogant. I reported what I saw.
    You are arrogant for putting up a lame, unfinished guide,
    soliciting criticism , insulting the person that
    provided it, and then having the unmitigated gall to
    ask for more help. Figure it out for youself. There are already
    guides for it anyway.
    I just don't seem to be very good a communicating, I have deleted my comment, I did not intend to offend you. Can I ask that you do look at my profile and click on My Homepage link there, so you can see how I intended it to look here. I just feel that if you did that you would better understand it and not render such harsh judgement. At any rate, I hope there are no hard feelings.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Update:

My guide actualy made it to the All-in-one guides section, and I just finished going back through it and made several small corrections and additions. I also added a link back to this thread for comments and suggestions. Thanks in advance for checking it out .

Joey
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi, 8)

I've read your guide, and its really good.
    But I got a problem. U c, I live in europe and my standalone dvd-player only plays PAL. what do I have to do so I can play my multiple dvd's on it? (without making it region free)
    I guess I have to encode the mpegs as PAL and not NTSC as it looks like you've done in your guide.
    Could you please tell me how I should set the programs options when I want to make PAL movies and not NTSC? Or do I have to do anything else, maybe use some other tools?

Thanks, I hope you can help me
    Quote Quote  
  9. Well, to be honest I haven't ever tried to make a PAL compliant DVD or VCD. So off the top of my head I believe that you would need to encode the movies in PAL with TMPGEnc with a pixel range such as 352x288, 352x576, 704x576 or 720x576. That is the only thing I can think of right off hand. You can try that and if it dosen't work, perhaps someone else can point you in the right direction.

Sorry I wasn't much help

Joey
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi again,

Can I set the options in tmpgenc to encode while im doing the rest of your guide, or do I have to do it with the movie file I get when I've done everything it says in your guide.
    If I can change the options, could you tell me how?

thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Yo! teewee3 if u need PAL it's easy

1 ..... Open file 1DVD-R-Wonder.mcf in Notepad
    2 ..... Change line

MPEG.Video.FrameRate = 4

To

MPEG.Video.FrameRate = 3

3 ..... Change line

MPEG.Video.Height = 480

To

MPEG.Video.Height = 576

4 ..... Save file as PAL_DVD-R-wonder.mcf

and you're done

If you want NTSC(Film) then change line

MPEG.Video.FrameRate = 4

To read

MPEG.Video.FrameRate = 1

Save this as NTSC(Film)_DVD-R-wonder.mcf

OK
    'It isn't easy having a good time .... even smiling makes my face ache'
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hi,
    just wanted to say that your guide is really simple to use and very concise. I fond it really easy to understand and only wish that I could say this about other guides. I've got a couple of questions and I'd appreciate some help:

1) What is the max minutes of video you can put on a normal 4.4Gb DVD? I used your DVD wonder plug in to encode 4 movies (appx 7.5 - 8 hrs long with each movie appx 700Mb). Each encoded movie is now appx 1Gb and I've left space for menus and stuff. Will I be able to burn these on to a blank DVD and then play them on a normal DVD player?

2) Is it possible to fit more than 80 mins of video on to a blank CD? Most movies that I have are appx 700Mb (so should fit on to a CD) but the duration of all the movies are longer than 80 Mins. Is there any way to encode the files (maybe using something like your DVD Wonder plugin)
    so that a whole movie can be stored on one CDR and played on a normal DVD player?

Thanks loads,

Icebergx
    Quote Quote  
  13. Yo! Icebergx!!! you can fit more than 80 min on a cdr by altering the bitrate in tmpgenc. You are trying to make what is known as an XVCD there are loads of good guides on DVDRhelp / VCDHelp you can change audio and video bitrate to shrink movie size but not all DVD players like XVCDs!!

B)

'It isn't easy having a good time .... even smiling makes my face ache'
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hi Joey,

I tried at least 10 methods to burn my svcd on dvdr and each one doesn't work for me. Your method is probably the best result I had but the colors are bad.

I tried to fix it with the simple and custom color correction filters but it doesn't change anything.

Am I alone to have this problem ?

Someone found how to fix this problem ?

Thank you in advance for readind and answering me.

Nipal
    Quote Quote  
  15. Man this How-To is the shiz. It was the one I used for my first SVCD to DVD conversion and it actually turned out a better picture than the SVCD was. The I had to format, and lost the bookmark and couldn't find it again. I tried several others and my audio was always out of sync. I went through about 5 or 6 DVDs with the same result. I got desperate and went through every single to DVD guide on the site and finally found it.
    Quote Quote