@syphon00
    The site is back again.
    http://www.liteonit.com/DC/english/csd.htm
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jakers
    Ren & Stimpy~
    What if I don't have Nero? I burned the cd using Adaptec. That must be my problem. Is there any freeware out there that I can use for the update?
    Thanks, Jakers
    Other than this case, I would get Nero, the most popular burning program out there. I gave up on CD Creator years ago.

BUT, you shouldn't have a problem with CD Creator. You just create a data type burn as you would any other data backup.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do you know if the file is corupted or not before you try to flash the firmware?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I had a reply from Liteon, which I have tried & doesn't do anything - comes up with same error & ejects the CD.

The Dir structure is correct as it is the exact zip/nrg file from liteon.

reply I got:

"Sorry for your inconvenience.

The file you have is the correct one but you should do one thing before insert the firmware disc.
    (See attached file: LVD2001.zip)

Step 1 : Unzip the attached file and burn to a CD
    Step 2: Put the disc to player and wait for ISO file menu appear.
    Step 3: Press the "PHOTO MASTER " key, the "PHOTO MASTER " key is the button above the PCMCIA slot
    on the front panel or the button next to "play" on the remote.
    Step 4: When tray is out, the ID is write as LITEON ID

Then use the 0229 to update the player.

And if you have any further question please let us know.

Best Regards!

AW"
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I also just got a "No files found" also! WTF!

The above reply REALLY makes sense! More Jap english!
    1. How can you "do one thing before insert the firmware disc". Then, "Step 2: Put the disc to player and wait for ISO file menu appear. "
    Lets see; don't put the disc in and wait for ther menu, then put the disc in???? Huh?
    2. The "button next to play on the remote". There are 5 buttons "next" to the play button.
    3. The "Photo Master key"..........yea, you would really know what/where that was if he didn't tell you. What's that have to do with the CD tray?

More WTF!

This might be a good player, but they REALLY have to get their documentation together!

Unbelievable!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ren & Stimpy
    @syphon00
    The site is back again. :wink:
    http://www.liteonit.com/DC/english/csd.htm
    No it's not. As of this AM it's down again! So much for "letting me know"!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @videobruce
    Right now it's not up, but at the time I wrote the post it was (honest).
    And videobruce ... do you you think it's possible to keep it just a teeny weeny bit friendly cuzzz that's what I'm trying to do
    Quote Quote  
  8. Pony up the $14 (this includes shipping), and grab a OEM copy of Nero 6.
    http://www.savonsoft.com./products/nero6.html

Then follow the Nero ISO image burning instructions on the LiteOn site.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ren & Stimpy
    @videobruceAnd videobruce ... do you you think it's possible to keep it just a teeny weeny bit friendly cuzzz that's what I'm trying to do :wink:
    I'm always friendly, EXCEPT when it comes to stupidity from these computer software/firmware writers that can't get simple instructions correct!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @videobruce
    I was refering to your remark;
    So much for "letting me know"!
    I can understand you have problems with the LiteOn people but don't blame me!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wasn't "blaming" you.
    I'm not sure wny I wrote the "letting me know" part.. I looked back over the thread, but can't see why I wrote that. I'm sure there was a reason, but it wasn't really directed at you though it might look that way.
    Sorry 'bout that.

I still can't get that .nrg file to be reconized byt eh player even though I burned it a 2nd time. Real POOR documentation! I'm sorry that I purchased this model.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @videobruce
    OK, no hard feelings.
    What is your current firmware in the LiteOn?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm affraid I've posted some news about new firmware on the wrong place, sorry and here's the link.

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=167658&start=120
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The current version is 223.

Well, I did a "image" burn as oppose to a "CD-ISO" burn which is what the documenattion said to do that was included within the Zip download and now I get a:
    "Update CD" message and then a "Reading CD" message on the disaplay of the player after I insert the disc, then the player shuts down. I did this 3 times and the same thing.
    I checked the firware, but it is still V223!

This was the last e-mail I got from them:

Dear Sir,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please go for the complete info. at
    http://www.liteonit.com.tw/liteweb/csd.htm.

In July we have upgraded the firmware to version 224 especially to support MPEG format of Divx 3.11.
    along with Divx 4&5.

Since early Oct, we have refreshed our firmware center with the latest version 229 with much more
    improvement inside.

All you need to do is :

1.Use a software of nero. http://www.nero.com/en/631934351031098.htmlto burn the "liteon_v0229.nrg"(
    the latest firmware version http://www.liteonit.com.tw/liteweb/images/zip/2001-0229.zip )file to a
    cd as an image file;

2.Then Nero will expand the .nrg file to the proper firmware files during the write process;

3.After that, simply insert the cd in the player, and the rest is automatic.

Welcome your further request & Best regards.

AW
    Quote Quote  
  15. There are literally dozens of threads on the net regarding this player, and no one else is having problems you're reporting. So this issue maybe specific to your burner and or your LVD 2001.

I'd never used Nero before and didn't have a clue what an iso image file was, but followed the LiteOn instructions and everything worked fine.

You might try a different burning speed and or a different brand of CDR. Also download another version of the firmware file, perhaps something got corrupted during the download or unzipping process.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ThomasW
    There are literally dozens of threads on the net regarding this player, and no one else is having problems you're reporting. So this issue maybe specific to your burner and or your LVD 2001.
    stevodude reported the same problem at the top of this thread!

I'll wait for a reply from LiteOn. I did D/L it a 2nd time.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Certainly strange...
    I picked up a copy of Nero 6 Ultra at Costco.

Started the 'Nero Burning ROM' program
    Closed the 'new compilation' pop-up
    Clicked on 'Recorder'
    Chose 'Burn image'
    Chose '2001Image0229.nrg' file from the folder where I unzipped it
    Chose 'Write'
    then clicked on 'burn'
    that did it...
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I tried another media with a fresh burn and it worked fine!
    I think what happened (other than the POORLY written instuctions (again))was I reburned the same file on the same disc that had the ISO data on and it got corupted or something. I also tried another media the 2nd time (which could of been it though I doubt it).

At least tech support answers my e-mails fairly quickly! Alot more than I can say for many other companies! It's just too bad their documentation is so POOR! Really takes down the rest of the positives!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In the post by videobruce the people of LiteOn wrote;

Dear Sir,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please go for the complete info. at
    http://www.liteonit.com.tw/liteweb/csd.htm.

In July we have upgraded the firmware to version 224 especially to support MPEG format of Divx 3.11.
    along with Divx 4&5.
    Has anyone tried DivX 3.11 Lowmotion on the LVD 2001? I currently don't have any DivX 3.11 on disc cause I reencoded all of them to DivX 5 (c|

Btw. @videobruce, good to see that you got things up 'n running!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is the reply from LiteOn which is interesting considering the above comment/question:

Thanks for your growing trust in LiteON and we will tract it on your S/N if there is any
    disturbance in the future.

Now you have done to update your player with firmware, and the next is to let it go with your
    favorites!

Here is some wind-back-to-futher info. of Phomaster LVD-2001 before your move. ^''^

*Technically it is designed with expanding features to support MPEG format, initially of divx 4&5
    and Xvid.

*So far until now, please view http://www.liteonit.com.tw/DC/english/csd.htm for the free-choice
    firmware list, in which the latest V229 focuses on the improvement of the display quality of the
    image,V227 is a general remedy and V224 was born especially for Dvix3.11 which isn't good as
    practically applied. The pity is that even the new firmware can not cover or recover it totally.
    But we will go on trying the best to make it as good as possible!

*There will be a versatile version earlier this month, in the support for subtitle of *.srt.,
    audio format with *.ogg. and also for folder function. Now it’s under the final reliability test
    by QA team.

Hope you enjoy!
    Anyone would like to interpert that?? What is the big deal with this DivX?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM

Clueless
    Quote Quote  
  22. Thanks for your growing trust in LiteON and we will tract it on your S/N if there is any disturbance in the future.
    Thank you for buying a LiteOn product. Since we have your S/N (product registered) please feel free to contact us if you have problems in the future.
    Now you have done to update your player with firmware, and the next is to let it go with your favorites!
    Now that you have updated your firmware enjoy playing you favorites discs
    Here is some wind-back-to-futher info. of Phomaster LVD-2001 before your move. ^''^
    Before you proceed here's some background history of the firmware updates.
    *Technically it is designed with expanding features to support MPEG format, initially of divx 4&5 and Xvid. *So far until now, please view http://www.liteonit.com.tw/DC/english/csd.htm for the free-choice
    firmware list, in which the latest V229 focuses on the improvement of the display quality of the image,V227 is a general remedy and V224 was born especially for Dvix3.11 which isn't good as practically applied. The pity is that even the new firmware can not cover or recover it totally.
    But we will go on trying the best to make it as good as possible!
    Basically it says we're doing the best job we can with Dviv3.11, but there are limits to what firmware updates can do. He added this because some people are complaining about problems with Dviv 3.11 playback. He's also implying that their fixes are limited, due to fundamental technical issues inherent in Dviv3.11.
    *There will be a versatile version earlier this month, in the support for subtitle of *.srt., audio format with *.ogg. and also for folder function. Now it’s under the final reliability test
    by QA team.
    He's saying there will be a new firmware update available later this month. He then lists what issues the update addresses and states that the newest edition of the firmware is currently being tested for reliability.

Difficult to understand? Yes. But I bet his english is better than our Chinese
    Quote Quote  
  23. Where did anyone get this in Australia. I have found them for around $350 Australian, but ordering from an American site gets it for about $175 Australian. But it is an extra $100 US for shipping
    Quote Quote