VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just got this drive a couple of days ago.
    I can't get nero, instacopy, or clone cd to see this as a RW
    It shows up as a dvd-rom drive on everything except dvd decripter it shows up as a dvd+rw!!
    I uninstalled and reinstalled all of the programs and the dvd writer and still no change.
    No change in firmware has been made. (2.06 i think)
    Would reinstalling xp help a all?
    Any suggestions?
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got my DD0203 a couple months ago. I'm using Win XP home addition. I immediately upgraded my firmware to ver. 2.16 You might want to check your firmware version. I haven't had ne problems so far. I did find out you have to use certain cd media for HD-Burn to work, thanx to help from posts here. I uninstalled the software that came with the drive, crappy in my opinion. I use Nero 6 for everything, Nero 5.09 that came with my CD burner wouldn't recognize DVD burner n Nero 5.10 wouldn't do hd-burn. Fuji CD media works great for hd-burn for me. If you upgrade firmware make sure not to use ver. 2.17, see other posts, wrong ver. for DD0203. Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help ne other way.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by hazyleopard
    I just got this drive a couple of days ago.
    I can't get nero, instacopy, or clone cd to see this as a RW
    It shows up as a dvd-rom drive on everything except dvd decripter it shows up as a dvd+rw!!
    I uninstalled and reinstalled all of the programs and the dvd writer and still no change.
    No change in firmware has been made. (2.06 i think)
    Would reinstalling xp help a all?
    Any suggestions?
    thanks
    Old versions of Nero wont see it. Either upgrade Nero to 5.5.10.50, or buy 6.x, and it will see the drive. Update firmware to 2.16.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I own a the Optorite DD203.

First thing like you have heard is to upgrade to the newest firmware which is 2.16.

I have use Nero 6 (registered version), demo of DVD X Xpress, Registered version of B's Record Gold 5 (which comes with the software), a demo InterVideo DVD Copy Platinum, registered version of Sonic's MYDVD (which came with it) and CopyTODVD, DVD Shrink to read from it and a registered version of Dr Divx with it successfully.

Of all of the products, I like using B's Record Gold 5 (I'm am going to upgrade to 7), because it does everything for my, CDs, DVDs and HD-BURN CDs very fast and simply.

I have burned with DVD +RW, DVD+R and DVD-R media.

I really, really, really like the HD-BURN feature of it and have used Nero as well as B's Recorder Gold 5 for that perfectly. For HD-BURN, it is picky on the CD that you use manufactored made by Tayio Yuden. Others do HD-BURN, but every so often K-Mart has a sale on a 50 pack of those for 11.99. But I used those before with my Teac CD writer.

For conventional CD burning, everything I put in it worked.

For DVD burning, I have used TDK + R (4X), Fujifilm +RW, BeALL DVD-R and Verbatim +RW successfully with it.
    Quote Quote