VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Astrum!

Hi, i'm basically from India. My brother is travelling to United States in November. I want him to get a DVD Burner for my system.

Nothing too expensive of course, something between $140 - $180 ..
    I just want to be able to write DVDs which can play in my normal DVD Player (I can play NTSC & All Code Dvds on my DVD Player) .. movies and stuff.

What kind of a DVD Writer should it be?
    I'll also ask him to get me writable-dvd's.. is there any particular ones he should look out for?

He'll be staying in the St. Louis area, NY.. any internet site or place in that area he can get from would be fabulous, if someone can suggest.

All suggestions/advice welcome..

Thanks,
    Mickey
    I don't suffer from Chronic Insanity & Psychosomatic Multiple Personality Disorder!
    I enjoy every moment of it!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hello!

Anyone... ?

Mickey
    I don't suffer from Chronic Insanity & Psychosomatic Multiple Personality Disorder!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Probably no one has answered because your question is too open-ended. And then too limited to one area.

Try the WRITER database on this site - on the left. Put the features you want in the boxes, see what's available, prices, and read owner comments to narrow your choices.

If a few sound good, search on this page using the model name and see what may have been said in threads already.

If you decide on one, then you can seek out just where its available and how easy or hard it would be for your brother to get it.

Good luck.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    The Rogue Pixel: Pixels are like elephants. Every once in a while one of them will go nuts.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The Pioneer 106D dual format is a popular choice. You'll need to override the region code or I think you can change it 4 times.

Newegg at $145

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?description=27-129-134&refer=pr1c3grabb3r
    Quote Quote  
  5. NEC 1300A is also a popular choice $124.99 at Newegg.com.
    Hunting, sure i'll go hunting. When is cow season?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I very happy with my Optorite DD0203 duel writer and it is in your price range.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Astrum!

Thanks for the input. I've gone through the comments, views and threads and all three suggested Optorite DD0203, NEC 1300A, Pioneer 106D, are looking pretty good and in my price range. Though i'm planning to get the Optorite DD0203 ..

I've looked over MeritLine.Com and might be going ahead with that one. Basically just wanted to know if someone had any special suggestion on which site to order from. NewEgg.Com has better prices then any other i have seen but unfortunately it doesnt take an International Credit Card, only US Credit Card.. so i can't order on that one. MeritLine.Com takes any.

dap.. just wanted to check up.. you're able to write DVD Movies and play them in your DVD player, right? And any particular kind of Media you are using for that one?

Thanks again..
    Mickey
    Quote Quote