VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
    Search PM
    i dont think nero works for me. what do u use??
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    i encoded my avi file to mpeg and now nero and encoding it? wtf? what do i do?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    i'm burning it as a SVCD...is that a problem? or is it good that i am doing it?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I use to use VCDImager (or one of it's guis) to generate a bin/cue file then burn with CDRDAO (or one of it's guis). Mostly VCD Easy or TSCV. IMHO Nero is worth about as much as a bag of warm hampster dung, but many people seem to like it so...
    Quote Quote  
  5. I use VCDImager command-line alot, but I use VCDEasy for quick stuff. Thanks Vejita-sama, I forgot I downloaded TSCV a week ago, I wanted to play around with that.
    Ejoc's CVD Page:
    DVDDecrypter -> DVD2AVI -> Vobsub -> AVISynth -> TMPGEnc -> VCDEasy

DVD:
    DVDShrink -> RecordNow DX

Capture:
    VirualDub -> AVISynth -> QuEnc -> ffmpeggui -> TMPGEnc DVD Author
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    be sure the mpeg file is in vcd mpg . nero should work.

but you can use prassi primo dvd.

good luck
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    well i encoded the movie from avi to mpeg using tmpgenc...and then i added the file into nero and it started encoding it. and then the cd error came up. so how do i need to burn it?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use DVDX and Nero, and get excellent results with SVCD's, its hard
    to tell the difference from a DVD on my gear.
    Quote Quote  
  9. In general...

- Wordpad to edit the XML
    - VCDEasy/MJPEGTools to encode the stills
    - VCDImager Tools GUI / lkVCDxBUILD to make the image
    - Daemon-Tools / CloneCD to burn

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    i'm all confused...i have no idea of what i'm doing. i encode the avi movie to mpeg...and then burn it??? i encode it with tmpgenc...and i use virtualdub...and divfix.....can someone post steps on how to do this???
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    stop saying bad things , we are here for helping.

give more info , that's the way for better info, you just ask for:

NERO DOESNT SEEMS TO WORK FOR ME ' WHAT DO YOU USE??

so people just tell you what they used.

if your prob. it's that you have prob. to convert your avi to mpg vcd then just ask for it.

1- nero is not a good soft for converting movies but just to burn the VCD
    2- look for a faq in this forum in HOW TO use virtual dub and tmpgenc to obtain a good mpg vcd file that you will burn with NERO.

now just look for the faq and give more info.

hope it help
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    ok...i use virtualdub to get the wav file for the movie. and tmpgenc to make the avi file into a mpeg. but how do i burn it? tried burning it using the SVCD in nero 6 but it gave me the disc error saying that there isnt enough space on the disc or somethin...i dont remember....but someone just told me that u gotta make the mpeg u made with tmpenc into a mpeg-2...and then it should work on nero. but i thought i'd ask. does anyone here do the same exact thing that i'm talking about?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what is the size of the mpg file??
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    448 MB
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ?????

dont know why ??

try burning it with prassi primo dvd, maybe it work!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    where i get it?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well , i cant answer that :P

the web site surely got it
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    i got it...added the movie file...hit record and said "You need to select one or more drivers to record to. Please double-click on the drive list you want to record." beats me what that means.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    so how do i get it to read my recorder
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    on top there sre a button choose my recorder.

for me it reconyse it , but maybe you have to browse to.

if you have not selected a record driver so thta's why it said not enough space.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    i see where it has my 2 drives to the left....but i dunno how to get it to read it. nero already has my drives loaded...but i dunno about this one.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    out of idea !

never happen to me,

sorry
    Quote Quote  
  23. use tmpg to convert avi to mpg

use nti cdmaker or roxio video pack to write the mpg files to vcd/svcd
    Quote Quote  
  24. What 2 drives? You sure you put the blank disk in the selected drive
    And the Selected drive is a burner, not just a reader
    And the drives work, not both set to master with the jumper?
    CDs are cheap, just burn the mpeg to cd as a data file, then play it back on the pc to see if it worked. If you can't burn that, you have a problem.

Perhaps you have a drive problem then if nothing is working?
    All I ever used for VCD is Nero. But nearly any burner software I install automatically reconizes the burner as default. At least it did untill I installed both a CD 52x burner and a DVD burner. Now I have to select which drive I want to use. Make sure you have selected the burner your trying to use. Either you click it in a list showing your drivs, or there might be a dropdown box in a menu where you chose the drive. Whatever program your tryng to use, look for it.

Read the guides well about how to make a VCD compliant mpeg. Make one!
    Start Nero, select VCD, drag mpeg file to the burner side. If it tries to encoded it, it probably was not VCD compliant. If it is less than 650mb and tells you not enough space, your burner may not be working properly, or maybe you have a bad disk in the burner?
    I have seen people ruin a disk with a bad burn then get it mixed up with a new disks and wonder why it won't work

If you can make a VCD, then move on to SVCD if you want.

But first I would burn a plain mpeg I know plays onto a cd and see if it burns, and then see if it plays.
    overloaded_ide

Spambot FOOD
    Anti-Spam
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What many seem to be unaware of, is that burning a (S)VCD is not equal to authoring a (S)VCD.
    • First, you get a (S)VCD compliant mpeg. Most use TMPGEnc at this stage.
      Then, you author this, according to the (S)VCD specifications, and create a CD image. VCDEasy is mostly used for this.
      Last, you take this image and burn it to a CD. Any application that can burn a cue/bin can be used. VCDEasy itself, and Nero are 2 examples.
    The Nero marketing department obviously has succeeded in making us believe that Nero is The Tool for all three tasks, and that the creation of a (S)VCD is not more complicated than dragging an AVI to a CD. Not so.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by mats.hogberg
    The Nero marketing department obviously has succeeded in making us believe that Nero is The Tool for all three tasks, and that the creation of a (S)VCD is not more complicated than dragging an AVI to a CD. Not so.
    Very nicely put.
    Ejoc's CVD Page:
    DVDDecrypter -> DVD2AVI -> Vobsub -> AVISynth -> TMPGEnc -> VCDEasy

DVD:
    DVDShrink -> RecordNow DX

Capture:
    VirualDub -> AVISynth -> QuEnc -> ffmpeggui -> TMPGEnc DVD Author
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    when i burn the mpeg file...do i need to burn it as a vcd or a svcd...but wait...when i burn it as either woundnt the burning software that i use encode it as a vcd? that part doesnt make sence to me.
    Quote Quote  
  28. If you encoded it as VCD then author and burn as VCD, if you encoded as SVCD then author and burn as SVCD. It seems to me that you may be encoding but using non compliant settings for either VCD or SVCD. Make sure you use either a VCD or SVCD template in tmpgenc. Then you can use Nero to author and burn your VCD/SVCD. Make sure you select VCD or SVCD (depending on what specs you have encoded to) and that you dont just burn as a data disc. If Nero tries to reencode the file then you have not encoded it correctly with TMPGEnc. Read the how to convert and author guides for more instruction on using TMPGEnc and Nero.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    i just tried to add the mpeg file to the NTI CD Maker but it says it need to be MPEG-2. now how do i convert that? plus when i start NTI CD Maker it says No Drive Supported. but i looked in the device manager and my burner is working correctly. but now somehow its burning, and it said my cd was successfully made....but it didnt write anything on it.
    Quote Quote  
  30. I had the same problem with NTI. I suppose that is why it was in the bargain rack. It freezes and just generally stinks. My last 2 that I did I used Dr. Divx to encode into high end Divx, TMPG to encode to MPEG2 and Ulead MF2 to burn making sure to make it variable rate like TMPG and I popped out a very high quality svcd. Set my variable high=2520, average=1800 and low=300. Fit right around 49 minutes on 1 disc with NO pixelation at all.
    Quote Quote