VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search PM
    Set my variable high=2520, average=1800 and low=300.

where do u do all of that at?
    Quote Quote  
  2. 1st of all which TMPG are you using? The free one or the Plus version? If using Plus when you select 2 pass variable there should be a settings box click on it and thats where you change the settings.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    would u happen to have AIM or yahoo messanger? cus i'm gettin tired of this
    Quote Quote  
  4. Nope, sorry. Too mant malicious scripts running out there. Are you using the freeware version of TMPG? Or did you pay for it?
    Quote Quote  
  5. https://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/119210.php

There's one guide that is almost like what I described. Just change it from constant quality to 2 pass vbr and click on settings next to it. If you are using freeware version that may be why you can't change it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    i just encoded a mpeg-2 with tmpgenc and now i added it to nero and now its enocding it before burning. does it need to do that?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by tmac2085
    i dont think nero works for me. what do u use??
    Why are you still using it? You seem to be having lots of trouble with it. Did you try any of the alternatives?
    Ejoc's CVD Page:
    DVDDecrypter -> DVD2AVI -> Vobsub -> AVISynth -> TMPGEnc -> VCDEasy

DVD:
    DVDShrink -> RecordNow DX

Capture:
    VirualDub -> AVISynth -> QuEnc -> ffmpeggui -> TMPGEnc DVD Author
    Quote Quote  
  8. That's what Nero does unfortunately. It's a POS for making svcd's period. The ONLY thing I use Nero for is audio cd's. You're better off spending your money and getting a better program to burn with like Ulead MF2 that you can set to not encode compliant mpegs. All I got from Nero was headaches and coasters for video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    so thats the best software to use for vcds?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Now that's just from my own personal use. It took me alot of time, effort, patience and a few spindles of blanks to get it right but now for me, I use Dr. Divx, then Virtualdub, then TMPG and finally burn with Ulead MF2. Seems alot of steps but the quality has been superb, no lines, pixels and audio perfectly synched. I'd go to Uleads site and check it out 1st and see if it's something that you think you'll use before spending the $$$. Just under no circumstances should you ever let MF2 encode because it stinks at it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No offense dude, but you need to do some READING. This is really BASIC stuff and it's all in the GUIDES.

1st off, are you encoding to mpeg2? If not, you need to be. Remember, SVCD is mpeg2.

PAL

Video:
    max 2600 kbit/sec MPEG-2 (Audio + Video bitrate max bitrate is 2778 kbit/s).
    480 x 576 pixels (CVD 352x576)
    25 frames/second
    with up to 4 Subtitles

Audio:
    from 32 - 384 kbit/sec MPEG-1 Layer2
    with up to 2 Audio Tracks

Extra :
    Menus and chapters.
    Still pictures 704x576,352x288

NTSC (NTSC Film)

Video:
    max 2600 kbit/sec MPEG-2 (Audio + Video bitrate max bitrate is 2778 kbit/s).
    480 x 480 pixels (CVD 352x480)
    29,97 frames/second
    23,976 frames/second with 3:2 pulldown (NTSC Film)
    with up to 4 Subtitles

Audio:
    from 32 - 384 kbit/sec MPEG-1 Layer2
    with up to 2 Audio Tracks

Extra :
    Menus and chapters.
    Still pictures 704x480,352x240
    Quote Quote  
  12. Was trying to use easiest possible explainations as he didn't seem to be getting it. Geez!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    whats the program called exactly?
    Quote Quote  
  14. 4 People suggested VCDEasy
    3 People suggested VCDImager
    1 Person suggestd TSCV (I find it buggy for me)
    1 Person suggested Prassi Prime
    1 Person suggested Unlead MF2

Did you try any of these apps? You asked what people use, we told you but it seems like you are ignoring what we suggest and continuing to ask why doesnt it work.
    Ejoc's CVD Page:

DVD:

Capture:
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    used them all but Ulead MF2. some programs said i have no recorder. which i do.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by tmac2085
    used them all but Ulead MF2. some programs said i have no recorder. which i do.
    Which? Why didnt the others work?
    Ejoc's CVD Page:

DVD:

Capture:
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Prassi Prime said i dont have a supported drive, but i do and its working fine. and i had no idea of how to use vcdeasy...sounds easy but not for me obviously...but i'm gettin the Ulead now and hopefully it wont tell me that i have a unsupported drive. and if it does i'll give up on everything.
    Quote Quote  
  18. There are 17 guides for using VCDEasy, you read them all and could get it to work at all?
    Ejoc's CVD Page:

DVD:

Capture:
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    i dont know what ur talking about
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    the ulead one is working. but when i encoded the mpeg-2 its more than 800 MB so i guess i gotta cut some out or somethin???
    Quote Quote  
  21. You dont know what a guide is?

I give up on this thread, this is a waist of time
    Ejoc's CVD Page:

DVD:

Capture:
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by tmac2085
    i dont know what ur talking about
    In the time it has taken you to read the above post and to post this one, you could have thought... "hmmm... there are guides to VCDEasy on this website ... perhaps I should look them up".

Undoubtedly, the written guides will be more detailed and have better explanations on doing specific tasks than a general thread.

Look at the "How To" section (the green section) in the column on the LEFT.

There are many many guides there. Then, have a look at the user guides section of the forums. There are many guides there as well (ones contributed by forum members).

I personally believe that VCDEasy / VCDImager (VCDEasy uses VCDImager as a backend) is the best S/VCD authoring solution. This is attested by the other posters in this thread (the majority are suggest VCDEasy). You should persevere with this software.

Read the "What Is" sections on VCD and SVCD as well so that you actually know what you are trying to make.

https://www.videohelp.com/vcd
    https://www.videohelp.com/svcd

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    Okay,
    As Craig already stated (& finally after so many others posted yet did not hit upon) If he is trying to burn it as a svcd after encoding it as a vcd, & nero is trying to re-encode it, you must not be encoding it correctly to begin with in TMPGEnc , I have used many diff. versions of nero with no problems to burn vcd & svcd, i also use VCDEasy when i want to add chapter points, but VCDEasy will also give you a warning (not re-encode) a file if it was encoded as a vcd & you are trying to burn it as an svcd, or if is not compliant.
    When encoding with TMPGEnc make sure you use one of the standard templates or use the wizard without changing any of he settings & you should have no problem burning either vcd or svcd.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    This thread is asinine.

Load the file into Nero.

He has countless times said Nero re-encodes it. DO NOT allow it to re-encode.

Just click "Turn off Compliance" or whatever the phrase is.

If it says the file is now too big, go back to TMGEnc and render to 2 disks.

No one can be as dense as TMAC is making himself out to be.

Two whole pages, and the thread is getting to the tech guy's remark to pack your computer back in the box and return it because you are too dumb to own a computer..

RTFM? How about RTFG (for Guides )

Cheers,

George
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by tmac2085
    i just encoded a mpeg-2 with tmpgenc and now i added it to nero and now its enocding it before burning. does it need to do that?
    No, if its doing that it means that there is something non compliant about the mpeg you created so nero wants to encode it to make it compliant. Are you using a SVCD template in TMPGEnc, or are you putting the settings in yourself.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    what do you use to burn VCDs or SVCDs??
    VCDEasy is the only tool I use for VCDs - given that i have compliant mpeg files.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote