VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I think I've done my homework on this before posting but with the multitude of information on these forums I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something. I've done the following search, '+Multisession +problem', and have gone through the 75 hits I got but none of which match my problem. If this has been brought up before please help post the link.

I recently picked up the LG GSA-4040B, from the sounds of it a pretty common drive (some love it others hate it). For me the price was right. I can't get it to burn Multisessions disks, or what I should say is it allows me to burn Multisession disks but the burning of the second session renders the disk unreadable. At this point I'm attempting to back up stuff from my drive but I want to be able to add this today and that tomorrow, etc. I'm creating data disks at this point not video. I don't know if its something I'm doing.

I was warned ahead of time so I did not install the included software with the LG but rather continued to use Nero. I'd heard that installing the LG included software caused issues with Nero even after uninstalling.

Scenerio One - Media: Maxell DVD+R - Software: Nero 6
    Started a Multisession disk as I would a CDR. Burned 3 gigs of DV Cam video. Successful. Continued Multisession disk with more DV Cam Video, the burn completed successful but too my surprise the disk was now unreadable in the drive that created it. Attempted to add the same data twice more. I should note that on these attempts when I continue Multisession when it asks to select the session there is only ever one session to choose, but this time, that one session from its file size appears to contain both burn attempts. Each time the burn appeared to complete successfully but same result, 'E:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function'. After reading the forums here I attempted to 'finalise' the DVD which completed successful but still the disk is unreadable. On attempting continue multisession again it now recognises the disk as no longer writable.

Scenerio Two - Media: Verbatim DVD-RW - Software: Nero 6
    Pretty much the identicle scenerio. I've tested more with the DVD-RW, so I've tired ISO as well as UDF/ISO. With Book Type DVD-ROM and without (to be honest I'm not real clear on what this is). But the result is always the same.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? I had some questions as to whether the DVD-RW could do Multisession being a '-', but I'm assuming Nero should know right? Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM

You should be able to multisession a DVD-RW. Have you upgraded to the latest version of Nero 6? I believe there where issues with the initial release. Did you try with more than one DVD+R? I am pretty sure once you finalize a DVD+R you will not be able to add a session.

How were you able to change the Booktype of the DVD-RW to DVD-ROM? Was it in Nero 6?

Thanks,
    Tearren
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Tearren
    You should be able to multisession a DVD-RW. Have you upgraded to the latest version of Nero 6? I believe there where issues with the initial release.
    Excellent point. Didn't think even an original release would have such a glaring error. Downloading update now. Will let you know how goes.
    Originally Posted by Tearren
    Did you try with more than one DVD+R? I am pretty sure once you finalize a DVD+R you will not be able to add a session.
    Only the one. I didn't finalise until after I'd made multiple attempts to add session to the original session. I'd read somewhere that the disk wouldn't be readable till after it was finalised.
    Originally Posted by Tearren
    How were you able to change the Booktype of the DVD-RW to DVD-ROM? Was it in Nero 6?
    It was in Nero 6. I haven't a clue what it means, I'll have to read up on that feature, but I was desperite to try to get this going.

Thanks Tearren. I'm gonna feel like a numb nuts if it was just the update I needed. Will post back after DLing and installing.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Withdrawn
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM

If the upgrading the version didn't help...

Follow this...

http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-video.php - For Video
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-udf-iso.php - For Data

From...https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=179919

Tearren
    Quote Quote  
  6. The DVD-RAM driver that comes with the GSA-4040B drive knows how to read (and write, and format) UDF 2.0.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks guys!

It was the upgrading Nero route that fixed it. Feel kinda stupid, don't know why I didn't check for updates.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Don't worry about it.

Since Nero has been out for so long (the software itself, not the newer version), you would expect it to at least do basic functions.

Tearren
    Quote Quote