VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Been using this burner about 2 weeks now and so far it appears great except for one small problem. Everytime I boot WinXP finds new hardware and cant find a driver for it. It is identified as Roxio SoftScsi Host Adapter. It seems to have no outward effect on burning that I can tell. So far I have been regular CDR and DVD-RW with no problem. I have used Nero, Paddus, Ulead Movie Factory all as burning apps with great success. Optorite has not answered 2 emails, but the vendor Newegg, has offered to RMA it. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. It sounds like a conflict with Windows Media Player(Roxio plugin),this might work and do so at your own risk:
    In Explorer->PROGRAM FILES->Windows Media Player->put Roxio folder on a floppy/CD(approx.1MB) then delete folder->reboot.
    If that doesn't work go back to PROGRAM FILES->WMP->Installer and select wpsetup.exe this will reinstall WMP.
    Quote Quote