VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. First picture is made by Nero and my Nec1300, second same burner but Clonedvd as burning soft. Any comments ?

Quote Quote  
  2. What am I looking at?
    Ejoc's CVD Page:
    DVDDecrypter -> DVD2AVI -> Vobsub -> AVISynth -> TMPGEnc -> VCDEasy

DVD:
    DVDShrink -> RecordNow DX

Capture:
    VirualDub -> AVISynth -> QuEnc -> ffmpeggui -> TMPGEnc DVD Author
    Quote Quote  
  3. I think the top one looks the nicest.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Now I know how Adam felt on Mothers day...............bewildered!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This means NOTHING!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yea I like the top one too, lots of pretty colours
    Ejoc's CVD Page:

DVD:

Capture:
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, well the blue shit is more than an order of magnitude
    larger than the red shit. Unfortunately, we don't know what
    kind of shit it is.
    CD/DVD recording doesn't use regular parity
    We don't know what inner and outer is either.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It would really help if you had a piont to all this?
    This only proves that you know how cut and paste.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  9. This is why I dont use nero:

As useful, but more entertaining.
    Ejoc's CVD Page:

DVD:

Capture:
    Quote Quote  
  10. O.K Sorry ! Could't you read my mind ?
    I've read my dvd to backup (The lord of the ring) with dvdshrink and then burn the files with nero (Video dvd). The copy plays fine about 60min then my player hangs (Pioneer 454). Then i take same files and burn with Clonedvd and that copy works perfekt. I read Kprobe only working with Liteon's but "write strategy" works with my LG 4480, i scan the disc's and the results you see. Maybe i do something wrong ?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Still doesnt say what the graphs are of. What are the numbers on the bottom of the graph, what are the numbers on the side?

Here is my sb chart:

Nero causes higher SB dancing on the left side of my graph, then the right, helpful?
    Ejoc's CVD Page:

DVD:

Capture:
    Quote Quote  
  12. Well, the numbers of the bottom i think is the adress of the disk, the numbers to the right is the error level the lower the better. Cdrlabs use this soft with it's review of the new Plextor drive. It really doesn't matter as i know what's works for me and i wanted to share my experience with others.
    Quote Quote  
  13. /Shrug

You posted a topic "Why i don't use Nero !" Which mostly consisted of graphs, with no legends, so no one knows what they mean.

Then when asked what they mean, you cant give an answer because you aren't sure what the graphs mean...

Ejoc's CVD Page:

DVD:

Capture:
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm getting there. It's related to the error correction.
    Read errors that is
    More later gotta go..
    Quote Quote  
  15. Man I don't blame you!
    After looking over those charts, and results like that with a Mitsubishi disk at that, what person would not.
    I mean I could see such things on princo's maybe but not those.
    What were the data results when charting with another brand disK?
    Perhaps Maxel? Or Leada.

PI Max= 3120, holly cow!
    And it looks as if you were maxin PI at only 120649H (roughly).
    Was this disk actually working in your player? Or was this a test off a coaster?

I would diffinaltely retest to verify these results. As I have my doughts.

As for the event in question of the ring DVDs, I have backed up both Two towers and Fellowship, both 3hrs each. Using shrink for ripping, and Nero video mode DVD burning my results were perfect, but man I didn't have charts like that on those disks though!

I used lead/princo disks at 1x to get my resulted results.
    overloaded_ide

Spambot FOOD
    Anti-Spam
    Quote Quote  
  16. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Why I use Nero

I've just ran a quick test on KProbe and my results with Nero ain't nothing like yours, so what does that prove?. I think your disc was probably naff

I can't understand why the red graph on mine is always nearly 1, even an original DVD has more red than yours so it looks like my Lite-On DVD ROM drive is probably naff also as my tests results would probably be better in a decent drive. It is old now and done quite a few rips

if you scale your pic up then mine aint that bad considering the extra the Lite-On drive seems to add

Quote Quote  
  17. Nero sux, I use recordnow max because it makes disks that actually play on all my players and it uses almost no CPU to do it. I can be encoding in the background while burning and it never crashes.
    "Terminated!" :firing:
    Quote Quote  
  18. The "bad disk" works until about 1h then it's freeze. I have some more examples produced by an Liteon there are the different's not thar big, but you could see the different. The first made with Nero the socond one made with Clonedvd, same files created with dvdshrink.

Quote Quote  
  19. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thayne
    Nero sux,
    someone change the record please

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......
    Quote Quote  
  20. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nero sux, I use recordnow max because it makes disks that actually play on all my players and it uses almost no CPU to do it. I can be encoding in the background while burning and it never crashes.
    so I guess it's strange that I'm burning this very second and if I check Task Manager it shows Nero isn't even registering 1% CPU use as it's constantly 0%! and it's using 85,512Kb of memory

I can encode, download, open up Paintshop or basically do anything and Nero won't fail the burn, probably even reboot

now why is that?

I guess it's easy for people to say that a program 'sucks'/'sux' but I would take a closer look to home as none of the programs I have on my PC 'suck'

some are 'crap' etc but not because they don't work for me, they're basically just crap :P
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by MackemX
    Nero sux, I use recordnow max because it makes disks that actually play on all my players and it uses almost no CPU to do it. I can be encoding in the background while burning and it never crashes.
    so I guess it's strange that I'm burning this very second and if I check Task Manager it shows Nero isn't even registering 1% CPU use as it's constantly 0%! and it's using 85,512Kb of memory

I can encode, download, open up Paintshop or basically do anything and Nero won't fail the burn, probably even reboot

now why is that?

I guess it's easy for people to say that a program 'sucks'/'sux' but I would take a closer look to home as none of the programs I have on my PC 'suck'

some are 'crap' etc but not because they don't work for me, they're basically just crap :P
    Good for you. It's still crap. Look at all the posts from people having problems with nero burned DVD's.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Good for you. It's still crap. Look at all the posts from people having problems with nero burned DVD's.
    I do, just the same as I look at other posts saying such 'n' such 'sucks' and I normally think "I wonder what's up with their system?"

why is you have RNM working great, yet others complain about it as it doesn't work for them?

the same goes with all the one-click tools, people say they 'suck' when they don't work yet they all work fine for me as they do for most users. In fact this is probably true for all software as it's virtually impossible for a piece of software to run on every single PC in the world

Nero will probably have more complaints due to it having a larger user base than most burning software

saying something 'sucks' is a feeble excuse I think, when others seem to have the 'sucking' programs working just fine for them, so that shows it can't be the program or else everyone would say it 'sucks'

If I ever come across a program that doesn't work I find out why and fix it, just like I did recently with the Nero/IC8 conflict when Nero wouldn't finalize the DVD because of the IC8 install

one man's meat is another man's poison
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anybody think it's strange that these graphs
    keep cpming up and NOBODY knows what they mean ?
    If you don't know what they mean, how can you even discuss them !

Ejoc had the most meaningful graph of all of them.

And nero does suck. There are a hundred posts about it
    for everry 1 about anything else. It's awkward. Last time I tried
    it it took three tries to do a simple CD copy

If I ever come across a program that doesn't work I find out why and fix it
    Like NERO

as none of the programs I have on my PC 'suck'
    Aren't you special. You have Windows don't you ?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FOO
    Does anybody think it's strange that these graphs
    keep cpming up and NOBODY knows what they mean ?
    If you don't know what they mean, how can you even discuss them !

Ejoc had the most meaningful graph of all of them.

And nero does suck. There are a hundred posts about it
    for everry 1 about anything else. It's awkward. Last time I tried
    it it took three tries to do a simple CD copy

Aren't you special. You have Windows don't you ?
    lol , another 'sucker'

now, how does that saying go again?, oh yes, a poor workman blames his tools :P

more pretty graphs HERE and more about KPROBE HERE
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Another thread on another forum with equally confused
    people doesn't really help much explaining the graph does it ?

Why don't you explain it for us if you can.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't really use Kprobe as I use Nero's tester instead but there's a huge thread HERE

from what I've read I've got the impression the lower the figures the better the quality as there are less errors and my point of posting the Kprobe pics was to show Nero was OK for me. I can't be bothered to learn about the exact in's and out's as I just know my burns seem to be just fine using Nero and I don't run that many tests anyway

I also got good results from Nero DVD Speed tests in the past with Ritek G04 using Nero as my burning app so how can I agree that Nero 'sucks'?

I guess you will always get the for's and against's and I'm with the for's regarding Nero and that's as much as I want to go in this thread as I can't be bothered with another Nero 'sucks' thread

really, posts saying something is crap or 'sucks' are absolutely pointless in just the same way as the 'which is best?' posts are pointless as you will always get a difference of opinion no matter what

should I start a post 'Why I use Nero?' and post pics seeing as it works for me?
    Quote Quote  
  27. You can say what ever you like, nero still sucks... I use it for burning CD's, which it happenes to be good at, but it's a poor DVD burning app. Wait till you make a DVD for someone and it doesn't work. Unless you are only making DVD's for yourself, you shouldn't use nero. It's common knowledge that it doesn't make 100% compatible disks.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can say what ever you like, nero still sucks... I use it for burning CD's, which it happenes to be good at, but it's a poor DVD burning app. Wait till you make a DVD for someone and it doesn't work. Unless you are only making DVD's for yourself, you shouldn't use nero. It's common knowledge that it doesn't make 100% compatible disks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, but they are using 5.5.9 version. I have NEVER had a problem with 5.5.10.0 Anyone who is having a big problem with 5.5.10.0, probably has their system configured incorrectly, or is having a software conflict. If it's the later, it's not nero's fault.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you name 1 program that DOES make 100% compatible discs? I sure can't. All I know is, whether I use DVD Decrypter, RecordNow Max, or Nero, it plays back on my 3 DVD players so I'm pretty happy no matter what. I understand you dislike Nero but there is no need to go badmouthing it if it may not work for you, cause it still works for a lot of other people. If it was truly that terrible of an application, Nero wouldn't have lasted as long as it has. Yeah there are better programs for burning out there, but Nero isn't half as bad as everyone makes it out to be. As for people with Nero issues, I bet you'll find either an ASPI issue on their PC, or they used sketchy media like Princo.
    Quote Quote