VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 90
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by cplevel42
    Yeah, but they are using 5.5.9 version. I have NEVER had a problem with 5.5.10.0 Anyone who is having a big problem with 5.5.10.0, probably has their system configured incorrectly, or is having a software conflict. If it's the later, it's not nero's fault.
    My system is configured fine. I can burn a DVD with nero, but I don't because it won't play on one of my DVD players. I have no aspi issues and I only use Ritek media....

    Record now max makes 100% compliant DVD's....

    If you don't believe me look here:
    The format and filesystem that needs to be used on a DVD-Video disc is exactly specified in the DVD-Video standard, a general DVD writing application will not always take care of enabling the settings needed for the creation of a DVD-Video disc. One of the tools that is known to cause many problems is Nero Burning ROM. You should use a dedicated DVD-Video authoring program like Sonic's MyDVD, or make sure that you use a general DVD writing tool which creates DVD-Video discs that fully conform to the DVD-Video specification.
    http://www.dvdplusrw.org/resources/compatibility_issues.html
    "Terminated!" :firing:
    Quote Quote  
  2. MackemX:

    That picture you have of the Nero DVD Tester is understandable, had there been 2 pictures like that to compare, this thread would have been very different. The Nero tester is showing read rates accross the DVD, if thats what those other graphs are doing, its not obvious in the least.
    Ejoc's CVD Page:
    DVDDecrypter -> DVD2AVI -> Vobsub -> AVISynth -> TMPGEnc -> VCDEasy

    DVD:
    DVDShrink -> RecordNow DX

    Capture:
    VirualDub -> AVISynth -> QuEnc -> ffmpeggui -> TMPGEnc DVD Author
    Quote Quote  
  3. In response to the persistent "Nero Sucks" comments, I wish to say one more time...

    I HAVE NEVER, REPEAT NEVER had any problems with Nero and DVD's.

    You may not like it, but it works for me and my colleagues.

    Coming soon to a forum near you, other useful threads like "Why I don't teach my grandmother to suck eggs".

    Now being serious, sweeping statements like "Nero sucks" is counterproductive. Thayne, if you want to say that you don't get on with Nero and have had problems then that's fine, but you simply can NOT speak for everyone else. Hell, I sure as hell won't let you speak for me, I'm big enough and ugly enough to speak for myself. Near my home a couple of days ago, we had a child knocked off his bike by a car and killed - but I don't suddenly call all motorists murderers. This is a severe analogy, but I hope you get the point now.

    A lot of people browse these forums looking for constructive help and opinions. Please do not force your opinions on them. You are entitled to your opinion, just PLEASE don't persistently force it on the rest of us.

    Rant over. I need chocolate !!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Kansas City MO
    Search Comp PM
    Gee, where can I get that fancy program that makes all those fancy graphs and stuff. I want...I want please now.....!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by garryheather
    In response to the persistent "Nero Sucks" comments, I wish to say one more time...

    I HAVE NEVER, REPEAT NEVER had any problems with Nero and DVD's.

    You may not like it, but it works for me and my colleagues.

    Coming soon to a forum near you, other useful threads like "Why I don't teach my grandmother to suck eggs".

    Now being serious, sweeping statements like "Nero sucks" is counterproductive. Thayne, if you want to say that you don't get on with Nero and have had problems then that's fine, but you simply can NOT speak for everyone else. Hell, I sure as hell won't let you speak for me, I'm big enough and ugly enough to speak for myself. Near my home a couple of days ago, we had a child knocked off his bike by a car and killed - but I don't suddenly call all motorists murderers. This is a severe analogy, but I hope you get the point now.

    A lot of people browse these forums looking for constructive help and opinions. Please do not force your opinions on them. You are entitled to your opinion, just PLEASE don't persistently force it on the rest of us.

    Rant over. I need chocolate !!
    It's not opinion, it's fact. You can make all the analogies you like, but nero still sucks. I'm not the only one who says so and I'm not forcing anything on anyone. I'm just stating fact, if you don't like it, don't listen...
    "Terminated!" :firing:
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Search Comp PM
    K-Probe can only produce those parity graphs with Lite-on DVD drives

    the Speed test is supplied as one of the tools in Nero.

    Another tool that is quite useful is DVD Info Pro
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member marvel2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Vorlon Home World
    Search Comp PM
    I'm with thayne and agree 100%...

    Nero Does Suck.

    End.
    I Have Always Been Here

    Toshiba Regza 37Z3030D, Toshiba HD XE1 + EP-10 ( Both Multiregioned), Samsung BD-P1500 Blu Ray. OPPO DV-983H
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thayne, perhaps we should ask the moderators to give you your own forum so I don't have to see your beligerant posts, then...



    As I have said before, your opinion isn't right for everyone. Neither is mine, but at least I say things like "your mileage may vary", "I have had no problems" and "some people say...".

    Wouldn't it be funny if you find out at a later date that your DVD writer isn't fully MMC compliant and it's the standard instruction set that Nero uses not being understood by your hardware that is the problem ?

    Or it could be your favourite burning program corrects your authoring mistakes and Nero just writes what it's told...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by garryheather
    Thayne, wouldn't it be funny if you find out at a later date that your DVD writer isn't fully MMC compliant and it's the standard instruction set that Nero uses not being understood by your hardware that is the problem ?
    It would be funny but its not true.

    We both have Memorex (oem Ricoh5125) drives but I use RN DX and Nero5 with no problems

    The problem must be something else
    You stop me again whilst I'm walking and I'll cut your fv<king Jacob's off.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member steptoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    I agree with a lot of the comments about Nero.........

    I use it for burning audio CD's, it good at that, I use CDRWin for CD images, Nero is crap at that, and now I'm looking into using other software to burn DVD's, 'cos Nero is crap at that (MY personal view ... at the moment)

    Until they released a patch to cure the disk not closing error when burning DVDs (how did they miss that), I changed my software, but I'm dubious about using Nero to burn DVD's now

    Oh yeah, I'm using the latest v6 update, with their patch, but still won't trust it to burn DVD's anymore


    Any suggestions as to what software can burn good DVD's, without screwing up and creating more coasters, and also let me set the burn speed, and without having to release a crappy patch to fix a what could be classed as a major bug ??
    Quote Quote  
  11. So..Its a FACT according to TGPO that Nero sucks. How come then Ive used Nero nearly all my 'burning' life both at home n nearly everywhere Ive worked and it always producing great results. Ive 100s of Audio Cds and DVDs at home and they all play fine. Am I lucky and have got the only 'non-sucking' version of Nero ?

    I think because Nero is by FAR the most used burning software that there are bound to be problems and incompatibilities pop up now n again and the user just then proclaims 'It sux' !. On a daily basis I have far more problems with Windows than Nero...maybe that 'sux' too ?

    I think Nero is by far the best burning program Ive ever seen ..and yes..Ive tried a few but always come back to Nero for its ease of use and its amazing features. Just been trying new DVD slidewshow feature in Nero 6. Made a great show of my holiday pix..took it round various friends and relatives and ...of course !..it played perfectly in everyones player ...and there was quite a selection..PC DVDs, iMac, PS2, Xbox, TV with built in DVD...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Amen, brother.

    Hey, Ahead - how about a free upgrade to Nero 6 for all your loyal followers who stick up for your product ?

    (Can't hurt to ask, eh ?)
    Quote Quote  
  13. I read a lot of posts where people have problems with Nero. That's a fact. It is also a fact that when you have problems you look for help. There simply hasn't been a need to tell the world that Nero works just fine if that's the case for you. Up until now that is.

    Maybe we should start doing that now. I have used Nero without any problems for more than a year now. I have had problems with copies not playing perfectly (all on cheap media), but when burned to higher quality media they have all played correctly.

    I have respect for those claiming that an application causes errors on their system, but my suspiscion is that it most of time is caused by software conflicts, bad quality media, dirty media, disturbed burn processes, vibration or any of all the other thousand things that can go wrong when burning. And then there might be a small percentage of people you actually have compatibility issues, but I still doubt that it is Nero's fault.

    /C
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member marvel2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Vorlon Home World
    Search Comp PM
    I see all the NERO lovers are appearing out off the woodwork.

    Nero burnt 20 DVD-r's all coasters, Authored using DVD Maestro ( so no i didn't use shitty authoring software that suggested earlier in the post).

    Same 20 movies burnt using RNM all work perfect.

    In fact the Nero burns are so bad, i can't even extract the contents off to burn then again with RNM.

    But the RNM burns, i'm able to extract to burn again.

    So don't blame the media, it ain't the ******* media.

    Nor is it my system or software conflicts, because all Aspi layers upto date, in fact i only use 1 other recording software and thats CDRwin.

    Burner has the latest Firmware installed so i know it's not that either.

    And i don't use the computer at all when burning.

    So draw you own conclusions, i know i have....

    Nero is to blame.
    I Have Always Been Here

    Toshiba Regza 37Z3030D, Toshiba HD XE1 + EP-10 ( Both Multiregioned), Samsung BD-P1500 Blu Ray. OPPO DV-983H
    Quote Quote  
  15. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    VIP Lounge
    Search Comp PM
    I thought I wasn't gonna post again and I would love to replty to a few posts but seeing as this is just turning into yet another wasteless flaming post to go with the rest of the heated posts on this board (sadly a common occurence and not just with Nero)

    If I did I would just upset more of the Nero bashers so I'll give up but will everyone else just try to give up, lovers and haters as it's only going to get locked

    if it works, it works, if it don't, it don't. Move on and post something constructive instead

    my sympathies to you if it doesn't work for you but please accept that some of us enjoy success

    blah blah 'sucks' or blah blah 'Rocks', not my style I guess

    peace
    Quote Quote  
  16. Marvel 2020.

    I burnt 20 DVD-Rs and didnt get any coasters so I say it cant be Nero so ..neerrrr.

    It appears for some people that Nero works flawlessly and for others its absolutely awfull,.....but what is annoying is the constant quotes of 'Nero sucks !'...it wouldnt be the best selling and most commenly used burning software if it was completely awfull now would it ?

    Personally I love Nero and I want to have its children.
    Quote Quote  
  17. No Longer Mod tgpo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    The South Side
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by andydd
    So..Its a FACT according to TGPO that Nero sucks.
    Whoa, I never said that. I said the NeroMax, the mac version of Nero, sucks. I've never used the PC version.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    VIP Lounge
    Search Comp PM
    now now children! this is only going to get locked and the sooner the better in my eyes



    p.s. I did find it laughable about the 20 DVD-R's though

    :EDIT: p.p.s. TGPO's quote in sig :P
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member marvel2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Vorlon Home World
    Search Comp PM
    MackemX

    I'll tell ya what is laughable, that you support Sunderland.

    Now that is Funny.
    I Have Always Been Here

    Toshiba Regza 37Z3030D, Toshiba HD XE1 + EP-10 ( Both Multiregioned), Samsung BD-P1500 Blu Ray. OPPO DV-983H
    Quote Quote  
  20. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    VIP Lounge
    Search Comp PM
    good one, let's just continue the argument there instead
    Quote Quote  
  21. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    VIP Lounge
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by marvel2020
    MackemX

    I'll tell ya what is laughable, that you support Sunderland.

    Now that is Funny.
    I do know one thing that 'sucks' for sure and that's the amount of people on this board who post shite like that as you see that just as much as you see the word 'sucks'

    is that really it, you have resorted to name calling etc, how f'in sad you are!

    how old are you?

    I like this board but I feel people like yourself taint it's image badly and I could quite easily name a few names but I ain't really a name caller but people know who they are and they know themselves as they consistently get involved in flame wars but then resort to posting shit like you just have when they run out of things constructive to say

    it's so strange how I frequent other boards and yet I never come across the crap I see on here. Even if I do have a heated debate with people regarding differences of opinion, it does not evolve into the childish crap this thread has

    so can I ask, joking aside, WTF has being a Sunderland supporter got to do with this thread?

    I could quite easily come back with some witty remarks about your username etc trying to look cool but I ain't and I will only upset you further , so I'll just laugh at them by myself as I ain't stooping down to your level

    I suggest you grow up, take some lessons on forum etiquette towards others and come back when you can post something sensible and constructive and then maybe I'll change my opinion of you but you are quite welcome to continue the name calling/insults if you can't think of anything
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member marvel2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Vorlon Home World
    Search Comp PM
    Hey you started it and i quote....


    p.s. I did find it laughable about the 20 DVD-R's though

    You don't have to believe me, hell i don't care if you don't, all i know is that i have 20 coasters because of Nero.

    And before you start and say why didn't i stop after the first few, it's because i wanted to get to root of my problem with Nero.

    Granted i wasted 20 DVD-r's, but if you get as cheap as i get them then it's money well spent to prove a point about Nero.
    I Have Always Been Here

    Toshiba Regza 37Z3030D, Toshiba HD XE1 + EP-10 ( Both Multiregioned), Samsung BD-P1500 Blu Ray. OPPO DV-983H
    Quote Quote  
  23. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    VIP Lounge
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by marvel2020
    Hey you started it and i quote....


    p.s. I did find it laughable about the 20 DVD-R's though

    You don't have to believe me, hell i don't care if you don't, all i know is that i have 20 coasters because of Nero.

    And before you start and say why didn't i stop after the first few, it's because i wanted to get to root of my problem with Nero.

    Granted i wasted 20 DVD-r's, but if you get as cheap as i get them then it's money well spent to prove a point about Nero.
    LOL, well you started it, nah nah nah nah na na!. I used that as an excuse at school!

    and how did I start it anyway?, I was laughing at andydd's reply as he said he had burnt 20 DVD-R's also. I said now now children so is that just referring to you and you alone?

    and did it really upset you that much to come back with the reply you did?

    that's another thing I see a lot of here, people seem to be just waiting for any opportunity to started the bashing for the stupidest of reasons

    I can understand your hard feelings towards nero, but I do hope you understand that other don't have issues so should they feel the same way about the software?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member marvel2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Vorlon Home World
    Search Comp PM
    Of course i do, and i'm sure that Michelle's poll will prove that Nero works for the most part, for people.


    I'm just saying that going by other users problems when i done a search, that more people have more problems with Nero than any of the other recording software's.
    I Have Always Been Here

    Toshiba Regza 37Z3030D, Toshiba HD XE1 + EP-10 ( Both Multiregioned), Samsung BD-P1500 Blu Ray. OPPO DV-983H
    Quote Quote  
  25. Hi all.

    Sorry, I couldn't resist replying.

    "...when i done a search, that more people have more problems with Nero than any of the other recording software's."

    It has been said before, but couldn't it simply be because Nero has more users than other softwares???

    Let's say, for the sake of the argument, that Nero has 100 users, and RNM 30.
    If 10 Nero users complain, it's 10% of unsatisfied customers (too many, I know, but only an example).
    If 3 RNM users complain, it's also 10% of unsatisfied customers.

    What if the numbers were:
    Nero has 500000 users and RNM 50000?
    ddlooping
    For DVD Shrink guides & goodies: DVDShrink.info
    My "other" site: Teaching-Tools
    Quote Quote  
  26. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    VIP Lounge
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by marvel2020
    Of course i do, and i'm sure that Michelle's poll will prove that Nero works for the most part, for people.


    I'm just saying that going by other users problems when i done a search, that more people have more problems with Nero than any of the other recording software's.
    I agree with you about there being more posts regarding issues about nero and it's not the software that get's the most thumbs up

    though people aren't going to start a thread saying it works and even the poll will probably not be a true reflection of what the actual figure is anyway

    I would think that the people who have issues with nero are more likely to read that voting thread and cast a vote than people who don't have issues but that's my point of view

    I guess we will never know the true percentage but ain't it nice being civil to one another yet still have a debate?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    VIP Lounge
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ddlooping
    Hi all.

    Sorry, I couldn't resist replying.
    Hiya mate, be careful what you say as people seem to be very touchy about this hotly debated nero subject at the minute as you may just have the hyenas chasing after you if you say the wrong thing

    just mention something 'sucks' and you should be ok though, a bit like this

    DVD+R 'sucks'

    it's a bit too late for me but you may have time to save yourself
    Quote Quote  
  28. No Longer Mod tgpo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    The South Side
    Search Comp PM
    People say they hate it, but it stillhas a 8.2/10 rating.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by MackemX
    DVD+R 'sucks'
    Hey MackemX, take it easy

    DVD-R sucks


    Just kidding
    You stop me again whilst I'm walking and I'll cut your fv<king Jacob's off.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads