VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. l have run this thing by the numbers , l select video cd format, select my mpg to split , double click on the mpg and select where l want to start it from and finish whiout touching the slide bar and when it gets to the output file it locks up on me , l have tried doing this a number of ways but the proggy keeps locking up , can anyone help me out here?????
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM

Hiya -

Are you talking about the "Merge & Cut" feature? After the Edit page loads up, click on the "Start" arrow to start the movie before anything else. Let it run for a second or two. Now the program shouldn't lock up. That's what worked for me.

Benchie

Quote Quote  
  3. I used to use the cut/paste to cut, and could rarely, if ever, get the thing to cut where I told it to. It seems to only be able to do it by blocks. I recommend using the "select frame" filter in the advanced tab. It goes from frame to frame perfectly, if not as fast.
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks for your help people but yet again l have tried this and the damn thing still locks up on me , l am at the end of my straw with this stupid program , l think it is time for me to find a proggy that will do the job , any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TMPG cuts mpegs very well, at least mpeg1. And I assume, you have a mpeg1, because you selected Video-CD.
    There are many other tools, that do the job too.
    http://www.vcdhelp.com/editmpg.htm
    Quote Quote  
  6. This may or may not help, but have you tried putting in your output file first then double-clicking? It sometimes helps me.
    Quote Quote