VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

With TMPGEnc, I converted an XVID AC3 ~700 meg file to a non-compliant MPEG file for an XVCD i was making, and used VCD EAsy to author the disc with CDRDAO. This is both my first time making XVCD and using VCDEasy's CDRDAO. I used to just burn the image files with Blindwrite.

PROBLEM 1: After I burned w/ VCDEZ, the disc played but the audio was slightly out of sync, enough to be annoying. The source MPEG played flawlessly, however.

PROBLEM 2: I was unable to make chapters in VCDEZ, it said in red: "Only one possible chapter pint" or something of that nature. Chapters are important for this XVCD. Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2 WAS able to chater it, but I HATE using DVDMF2 because it will re-convert my non-compliant file.

A Few Questions:

1.) Was this sync issue the fault of VCDEZ CDRDAO or was it the player (Sony DVP-NS 315)?
    2.) Is it because it's an XVCD?
    3.) Will Alcohol 120% burn the VCDEZ image files well?
    4.) Did I do something wrong in the authoring process?
    5.) How can I make chapters either w/ VCDEZ or another prog that supports menus?

MPEG Specs if this helps:
    Size: 747 MB (or 765,031 KB or 783,392,512 bytes)
    Audio: 44100khz 128kbps stereo downsampled from 48000khz 448kbps (89 x 5 channels)
    Video: 352 x 240 1550kbps CBR, widescreen box inside

Maybe my burner doesnt like XVCDs, but illogical cuz it duz vcds fine....

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

~IA
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sounds like your player wont play non-complient VCDs. And it sounds like you didnt author it correctly *BUT* that would really only explain your problems creating chapters. VCDEasy doesnt change the mpeg, so if you have sync errors, and if the mpeg plays fine on your computer, your player wont support it. Did you select VCD2.0 and PBC?

Does you player support SVCDs/CVDs?

Did you check the dvdplayers link to the left?
    https://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers
    Ejoc's CVD Page:
    DVDDecrypter -> DVD2AVI -> Vobsub -> AVISynth -> TMPGEnc -> VCDEasy

DVD:
    DVDShrink -> RecordNow DX

Capture:
    VirualDub -> AVISynth -> QuEnc -> ffmpeggui -> TMPGEnc DVD Author
    Quote Quote  
  3. I checked your DVD Player, other people have problems playing XVCDs. You might consider making SVCDs and doing the VCD Header trick, sounds like that works.
    Ejoc's CVD Page:

DVD:

Capture:
    Quote Quote  
  4. ok ill look into svcds, maybe ksvcds to keep it to 1 disc...

PBC\interactivity WAS enabled but it still said only one chapter point possible, why is that?? chapters are pretty important for this project....
    is it cuz the noncompliant file??

will mpegging at 224 kbps (to make it a compliant vcd EDIT: ACTUALLY IT STILL WONT BE COMPLIANT, WITH 1550 KBPS BUT I AM NOT GOIN DOWN TO 1150, IS THERE A VBR SETTING I COULD USE TO MAKE IT COMPLIANT??) change the size too much?? (lenght = 1.01.21) make the file much larger than its size already??

thanx for your VERY prompt response, i posted, did a little web broesing, come back and, voila! already a reply..!! =)

thanx alot for your help, others are welcome 2, lol
    Quote Quote  
  5. Your videos outa spec too.

Increasing the audio bitrate will change the output file.

Read the comments about your player, and see what works/doesnt work for people.
    Ejoc's CVD Page:

DVD:

Capture:
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The CD images that VCDEasy creates are standard bin/cue sets, Alcohol 120% should be able to burn them. I know that Nero can.

If you want to make a compliant VCD you must use 1150k CBR video and 224k CBR audio. The VCD specs are very strict. SVCD is much more lenient.

I've seen the thing with only one chapter point once or twice before. It usually means your MPEG isn't a proper VCD file. Did you get it by doing a capture straight to MPEG-1? Or encode it and multiplex as MPEG-1 instead of as non-standard VCD? Either one will cause problems, both for authoring and playback.

Also make sure that the "analyze MPEG files" box is checked. VCDEasy has to analyze the movie to know where it can set entrypoints.
    A man without a woman is like a statue without pigeons.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by sterno
    Also make sure that the "analyze MPEG files" box is checked. VCDEasy has to analyze the movie to know where it can set entrypoints.
    Good call, forgot about that. Gratz on post 1K
    Ejoc's CVD Page:

DVD:

Capture:
    Quote Quote  
  8. in tmpgenc settings>System i converted as a MPEG Video CD compliant file, are u sayin i should convert as a non-compliant in tmpgenc??

my vcdeasy analyzes automatifcally anyway... it gives no problems, (VCDEZ 1.5.2 last freeware ver. no exp)

"If you want to make a compliant VCD you must use 1150k CBR video and 224k CBR audio. The VCD specs are very strict. SVCD is much more lenient." --- so is this XVCD not happening or what?? i should use SVCD instead??

"I've seen the thing with only one chapter point once or twice before. It usually means your MPEG isn't a proper VCD file. Did you get it by doing a capture straight to MPEG-1? Or encode it and multiplex as MPEG-1 instead of as non-standard VCD? Either one will cause problems, both for authoring and playback. "

does this mean i should use some diff settings in tmpgenc, if so tell me or point me to a guide that helps w/ xvcd or stuuf like that, maybe ksvcd... svcd

ill check bak later

thanx[/b]

EDIT: added this:

-if i want a svcd, will ihave to reconvert to get the rite res for svcd ( i dread the answer)??

-if i reconvert for svcd, u think the chapter prob in vcdEZ will be gone??

thanx again

ps
    ne other progz besides vcdez or DVDMF2 that are fast and reliable for vcds/svcds...? w/ chapter ops and stufff
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by mujahid7ia
    MPEG Specs if this helps:
    Size: 747 MB (or 765,031 KB or 783,392,512 bytes)
    Audio: 44100khz 128kbps stereo downsampled from 48000khz 448kbps (89 x 5 channels)
    Video: 352 x 240 1550kbps CBR, widescreen box inside
    Originally Posted by mujahid7ia
    in tmpgenc settings>System i converted as a MPEG Video CD compliant file, are u sayin i should convert as a non-compliant in tmpgenc??
    These two statements arent the same.

Originally Posted by mujahid7ia
    does this mean i should use some diff settings in tmpgenc, if so tell me or point me to a guide that helps w/ xvcd or stuuf like that, maybe ksvcd... svcd
    Why do you insist on making non-complient, non-compatible VCDs/SVCDs? Did you lookup your DVD player like I suggested? It will play VCDs(not xvcds) and SVCDs when you apply the header trick(not ksvcds)

If you absolutly refuse to make a complient VCD, then make a COMPLIENT SVCD and do the header trick to it.

Once again, goto https://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers put in your DVD player and read other user comments, and look at what your player will support.
    Ejoc's CVD Page:

DVD:

Capture:
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You should only use "Video CD" if it's a fully compliant VCD. For XVCD you must use the "non-compliant" VideoCD type. If you want to try it with your current file you can use tmpgenc's MPEG Tools to demux your file to mpa and m1v files and then multiplex them as a non-compliant VideoCD.

XVCD is just the common term for something that's close to VCD but does not follow the spec. It's out of spec, so some players don't like it. That's all there is to it, if your player can't play it there usually isn't anything you can do to make it work. Like Ejoc said, check your player in the compatibility list to see what other people have found. You will save yourself a lot of time by just checking to see what people already know does and doesn't work.

You will have to reconvert to use SVCD. SVCD is a different resolution, and it's MPEG2 instead of MPEG1. If your player doesn't support XSVCDs it may or may not be able to play SKVCD. SKVCD is actually reasonably close to being an acceptable SVCD, so it might work. If you produce a reasonably compliant SVCD your chapter problem will be gone, but it should also be gone if you produce a reasonably compliant VCD.
    A man without a woman is like a statue without pigeons.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Ejoc

Why do you insist on making non-complient, non-compatible VCDs/SVCDs? Did you lookup your DVD player like I suggested? It will play VCDs(not xvcds) and SVCDs when you apply the header trick(not ksvcds)

If you absolutly refuse to make a complient VCD, then make a COMPLIENT SVCD and do the header trick to it.
    Its not that i refuse =) to make a compliant (s)vcd, i just wanted to keep the quality 1550kbps w/o having to reconvert. I guess i will have to now for a SVCD.

About the Sony DVP-NS 315, many users reported XVCD compatibilty, while otheres reported problems similar to my audio sync problem.

kvcds mite work, i no ksvcds wont.

So i guess im goin with reconverting to an svcd with header trick but for this XVID with a 608x256 resolution, what would be better, 480x480 or 480x576? i have a 4:3 tv, so is this important or does it not matter?
    Quote Quote  
  12. ok ive decided to reencode as an mpeg2(480x480), but i still want ~1550kbps quality file one one disc

ill tell u the results later

thanx for all your help...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Id suggest using VBR instead of CBR, So try 300min 1550avg and 2520max. Sure it'll take twice as long to encode, but the results are usally worth it.
    Ejoc's CVD Page:

DVD:

Capture:
    Quote Quote  
  14. ok ill try those vbr settings....

thanx both of u guys
    Quote Quote  
  15. i converted @ 480x480 w/ those vbr settings, came out good , mpeg2

didnt burn it yet... just lettin u no

IM IN SKOOL DAMN IT!!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Dont forget to do the header trick
    Ejoc's CVD Page:

DVD:

Capture:
    Quote Quote  
  17. uhh......

well i applied the vcd header trick, so maybe this is a stupid question, but in vcdEZ or other progz like DVDMF2, do i author as a vcd 2.0, or a svcd?? VCDEZwont let me svcd cuz its now a mpeg1 file (header)

i converted just the video in tmpgenc, than multiplexed with the audio at the same time as applying the heaser trick... it that ok?
    Quote Quote  
  18. VCD2.0
    Ejoc's CVD Page:

DVD:

Capture:
    Quote Quote  
  19. Well, i loaded it into a vcd 2.0, in vcd ez, but the chapter prob. remains.

Number of possible chapter enty points: 1
    []

i really need chapters for this svcd, and DVDMF2 will do horrible things to my video if i try to make a svcd with header trick, like converting to a complaint VCD file..... =(

Since i cant make chapters in vcdEZ, What authoring program to make vcd2.0 with svcd mpeg2 files with header trick (for my 'fake' mpeg1 file) do u guys recommend??
    OR
    Do you know how to solve the chapter prob., or what causes it?

thanx again, ejoc for helpin me for so long... u 2 sterno
    Quote Quote  
  20. maybe the chapter prob is due to either of these reasons:

- XviD avi is making probs with encoding (both mpeg1 and mpeg 2 had chaptering (only one entrypoint) probs, so did tge mpeg2 w/header trick...

- Tmpgenc settings (entrypoint, i frame, GOP, etc.)

- VCDEZ??

i need chapters!! =)

thanx yet again

ps
    should i start a new thread? this one gettin long + title is kinda irrelevant now...
    Quote Quote  
  21. I dont get why VCDEasy wont load chapters for you. But do you know what times you want them at? If you do just post them and I'll generate an XML file for you so you can make the bin/cues.
    Ejoc's CVD Page:

DVD:

Capture:
    Quote Quote  
  22. well the file is an mpeg2 with vbr, so the times in most media players will incorrect rite?

ok, im gonna post the times from WinDVD 5 Platinum Edition

thanx alot!!
    Quote Quote  
  23. All times are from WinDVD, chapter starting points
    Format hh.mm.ss

Thanx alot

i can edit the xml file for album name, #, etc. rite.
    Also, do i load it up into VCDEasy?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <!DOCTYPE videocd PUBLIC "-//GNU//DTD VideoCD//EN" "http://www.gnu.org/software/vcdimager/videocd.dtd">

<videocd xmlns="http://www.gnu.org/software/vcdimager/1.0/" class="vcd" version="2.0">
      <option name="relaxed aps" value="false"/>
      <info>
        <album-id></album-id>
        <volume-count>1</volume-count>
        <volume-number>1</volume-number>
        <restriction>0</restriction>
      </info>
      <pvd>
        <volume-id>VOLUME_ID</volume-id>
        <system-id>CD-RTOS CD-BRIDGE</system-id>
        <application-id>CDI/CDI_VCD.APP;1</application-id>
        <preparer-id/>
        <publisher-id>VCDEASY_V1152</publisher-id>
      </pvd>
      <filesystem>
        <folder>
          <name>SEGMENT</name>
        </folder>
      </filesystem>
      <sequence-items>
        <sequence-item src="C:\MpegFromHell.mpg" id="Sequence-0001-01">
          <default-entry id="Chapter-0001-01"/>
          <entry id="Chapter-0001-02">657.000</entry>
          <entry id="Chapter-0001-03">1030.000</entry>
          <entry id="Chapter-0001-04">1820.000</entry>
          <entry id="Chapter-0001-05">2543.000</entry>
          <entry id="Chapter-0001-06">3058.000</entry>
          <entry id="Chapter-0001-07">3470.000</entry>
        </sequence-item>
      </sequence-items>
    </videocd>
    Save that as somthing.xml

Change c:\MpegFromHell.mpg to the location of your file

Change VOLUME_ID to what ever you want

Then in VCDEasy goto the Tools

Then under VCDxBuild enter that file name that you save the XML as, and the name of the bin/cue output file. Hit execute

Once its done, burn it.
    Ejoc's CVD Page:

DVD:

Capture:
    Quote Quote  
  25. ok ill do it thanx, ill tell u if it works
    Quote Quote  
  26. didnt wrk =( ill podt the vcdez error code
    Quote Quote  
  27. [VCDxBuild.exe]
    GNU VCDImager 0.7.12
    D:\X2_CD2.xml:12: validity error: Element info content doesn't follow the Dtd
    Expecting (album-id? , volume-count? , volume-number? , next-volume-use-sequence2? , next-volume-use-lid2? , restriction? , start-time-offset*), got (CDATA album-id CDATA volume-count CDATA volume-number CDATA restriction CDATA)
    Â* </info>
    ^
    D:\X2_CD2.xml:19: validity error: Element pvd content doesn't follow the Dtd
    Expecting (volume-id? , system-id? , application-id? , preparer-id? , publisher-id?), got (CDATA volume-id CDATA system-id CDATA application-id CDATA preparer-id CDATA publisher-id CDATA)
    Â* </pvd>
    ^
    D:\X2_CD2.xml:23: validity error: Element folder content doesn't follow the Dtd
    Expecting (name , folder* , file*), got (CDATA name CDATA)
    Â* Â* </folder>
    ^
    D:\X2_CD2.xml:24: validity error: Element filesystem content doesn't follow the Dtd
    Expecting (folder* , file*), got (CDATA folder CDATA)
    Â* </filesystem>
    ^
    D:\X2_CD2.xml:34: validity error: Element sequence-item content doesn't follow the Dtd
    Expecting (default-entry? , entry* , auto-pause*), got (CDATA default-entry CDATA entry CDATA entry CDATA entry CDATA entry CDATA entry CDATA entry CDATA)
    Â* Â* </sequence-item>
    ^
    D:\X2_CD2.xml:35: validity error: Element sequence-items content doesn't follow the Dtd
    Expecting (sequence-item)+, got (CDATA sequence-item CDATA)
    Â* </sequence-items>
    ^
    D:\X2_CD2.xml:36: validity error: Element videocd content doesn't follow the Dtd
    Expecting (option* , info , pvd , filesystem? , segment-items? , sequence-items , pbc?), got (CDATA option CDATA info CDATA pvd CDATA filesystem CDATA sequence-items)
    </videocd>
    ^
    parsing file `D:\X2_CD2.xml' failed
    [05s 689ms (VCDxBuild.exe)]

was it an xml error?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Yes, you've made an error or multiple errors or likely in your XML file.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  29. chapter problem solved cuz of this:

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126292&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

thanx for all your help, i think all my probs have been solved!!

THANX
    Quote Quote