VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    What would be the best setting to encode DV file coming from iMovie to mpeg 2 to burn as dvd? I did a lot of test with mix result. The main problem is with the quality i get when encoding some moving text titles on black background. I see jagged edge when I view it in Quicktime and also when view on my DVD player. I was able to test the BitVice encoder demo and did not get the same jagged edge. I test lots of setting: frame interlaced, field, filter deinterlace, different bitrate and qmin...

Any advise will be welcome.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Currently, interlaced Quicktime sources like DV are always deinterlaced before encoding to mpeg-2, which means some quality is lost. I'm planning to add better support of interlaced Quicktime movies in later versions of ffmpegX.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The first post should have been post with my identity, not as a guest. Sorry for that. Major, if you bring us a solution to encode full quality from a quicktime interlace file (even better, the .mov file in an iMovie project), I will pay double for the shareware fee. I only need to encode some family video file and DVD Studio and Bitvice are too expensive for my budget.

Keep on the good works.
    Quote Quote  
  4. This is in the to-do list.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Any news on that topic?
    Quote Quote  
  6. dazed&confused
    I am yet another that is not impressed with dv conversion (I can see the quality coming out of the DV cam but cant get it on the computer screen). would love a decently priced mpeg 2/4 codec that can output dvd quality from dv!
    Quote Quote