VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    OK, I am new at this, I have a celeron 333 with 128megs, running an ATI AIW pro128 32meg AGP video card, Windows ME upgrade from Windows 98 se, I am running media player 7 and have downloaded a divx codec, actually, a few of them. When I try and play a video segment, the media player appears to download a codec, then when it plays, I only get sound, no video. Can anyone offer any suggestions?? I have been told by reliable sources that the video segment does work...I just can't get it to work on my machine.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Firstly download all the codecs that you can find - then some more.
    Then make sure that they are all installed and that they are installed correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  3. First of all, I would go back to Windows Media Player 6.4. 7.0 is very unstable, even the final version. You can do this by one of two ways. If you upgraded to 7.0 after you purchased your computer, then go to START>SETTINGS>CONTROL PANEL>ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS, and remove Media Player 7.0. It should revert back to 6.4. If not, the just get it at the site that I am about to mention.

Next, you need to install more codecs. Lack of the correct codec is definitely your problem. Go here (for both the codecs and WMP 6.4):

http://welcome.to/rickys_kazza_support

Click on "Downloads", then "DIVX PLAYERS" for WMP (which I doubt you will need to do), and "CODECS" for the codecs. The codecs that you really need are DIVX 3.11 alpha (NOT DIVX 4...less stable), Angelpotion, and MPEG 4x.

That should do it!
    Quote Quote