VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    Encoding started on Tue Sep 9 19:58:56 CST 2003
    ## Component Manager: attempting to find symbols in a component alias of type (regR/carP/x!bt)
    usage: movtoy4m -w width -h height -F a:b -a a:b [-s] [-f] [-o ppm/y4m] movie.mov

example: movtoy4m -w 352 -h 288 -F 25:1 -a 4:3 pal_normal.mov
    example: movtoy4m -w 352 -h 240 -F 30000:1001 -a 16:9 ntsc_wide.mov

**ERROR: [mpeg2enc] Could not read YUV4MPEG2 header: system error (failed read/write)!
    Quote Quote  
  2. This doesn't seem caused by 0.0.8b specifically. This error normally means the following:

- you're trying to encode a VOB file, or a MPG file encoded in mpeg-2 format
    - you've selected the "Decode with Quicktime" option
    - however, your Quicktime is unable to open VOB files or MPG files encoded with mpeg-2. You can test this by opening that file with Quicktime player.

If the above is true, then you should either:

- install the Quicktime mpeg-2 player component and keep using the "Decode with Quicktime" option, or:
    - disable the "Decode with Quicktime" option, or:
    - enable the "Decode with mplayer" option.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Guest
    Major,

Thanks for the reply...

I have the quicktime component installed... have had for months ever since I started using ffmpergX

Any other ideas?

markusb
    Quote Quote  
  4. Have you kept a previous version of ffmpegX, if yes, does it work while the newer does not, for the same file and same settings?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Silly me I wasn't logged in before...

Nope, it doesn't work on previous version 7 either...

Now I don't know if it used to work as I never used quicktime when i was using version 7 as all my files were larger than the 4 gig problem would allow.

Major, if you can even point me in the right direction, or I can contact you by email to sort it out I would appreciate it...

I am a registered user BTW.

cheers

markusb
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes, please send me an e-mail to major4@mac.com
    Quote Quote