VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok i did exactly what u said and i get the same message . it says it failed video compliance. lord i wish this would work. i see the blue line and it meets the requirements to record. it just wont record unless i take the risk of not being playable. are there any settings needed before all this is to be done. I have been doing this for a while and have never had any problem if i used ic7 to convert to img. i was just trying to go the quick route and it dont work for me i guess. need more though.

help help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried DVDFab or anything other than DVDShrink?
    [ = Check out my band @ www.samadhirock.com = ]
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sorry dont need that I am trying to put it all on 1 dvdr. now if it does that i will try it if not then thats ok.. need help with this one for now.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You said earlier it was telling you there were no bup or ifo files.

So now it's telling you that there are no bup and ifo files but you can clearly see them under the video_ts folder on the LEFT side of the screen?

You dragged ALL of the files that DVD shrink created from the window on the right over to the window on the left and you can see them there and Nero is saying they are not there?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    vesterlee:

Are you saying now that Nero finds the ifo and buf files and you are getting a new message about non-compliant files?

If that's the case then you need to give more info on the source of your DVD (Video and audio) to make sure that it's in spec.
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i am sayin that it says it is not present. no compliance have you ever heard of this before
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok i downloaded power dvd and all the little power dvd extension showed up and i drug them over and it seems to work for now. i will let you know if it records to dvdr with no problem so give me 50 minutes. thanx
    Quote Quote  
  8. It will say it is not compliant and that bup and ifo files are not present IF bup and ifo files are not present. That is very easy for me to duplicate. I just drag only the vob files over and try to burn and I will get the same message.

Are you saying that you are getting that message EVEN THOUGH THE BUP AND IFO FILES ARE CLEARLY VISABLE UNDER THE VIDEO_TS FOLDER?
    Quote Quote  
  9. ok i downloaded power dvd and all the little power dvd extension showed up and i drug them over and it seems to work for now.
    This has nothing to do with any PowerDVD extension. It has to do with Bup, IFO, and Vob files.

DVD shrink creates these files and Nero burns them to the disk. The resulting DVD will have ifo,bup,and vob files on it. No PowerDVD files.

You don't need PowerDVD on your computer to burn a DVD with Nero.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    vesterlee says:

ok i downloaded power dvd and all the little power dvd extension showed up and i drug them over and it seems to work for now. i will let you know if it records to dvdr with no problem so give me 50 minutes. thanx
    I think you are about to burn a data DVD disc with the files you copied.

This will not produce a videoDVD. Save your disc or you will not be happy.

Why are you not using DVD RW to test?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    as you said it failed again. it says it is not a dvd compliance. dvd reallocation failed new message this time. this s*** is getting crazy
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    there is a video_ts and a bup file and up to 12 vts_1-12_ifo and bup files it is the whole movie.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Any Vob Files?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    vesterlee:

The Nero window should have 2 folders:

1- audio_ts ... this will be empty and sometimes may be missing

2- video_ts .. this directory is where you drag and drop all the
    buf,ifo and vob files

Do not drop the files anywhere else but the video_ts directory and don't add any other files.

You have been a member for a long time so I assume you are new to DVD burning.

I must agree with a user presto who says that you don't answer questions when we ask you and that makes it more difficult to help. Also it would be good if you identified the user that you are responding to. We don't know what you are answering to when you say something didn't work because more than one user has made suggestions.

The non compliance msg is because in your processing you created video files that are not within video dvd specs. It may also be Nero that is picky but we can't know that unless you help. What is your video resolution, framerate etc...? What is your source and processing steps?

Get a DVD/RW (+ or - depending on your drive) it really saves on discs when testing.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok i am using a dvdr now, were do i get the framrate and resolution from gl99 and there are a lot of vob files
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK THE VIDEO AND BUP FILE ARE 18KBS IS THIS CORRECT
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    vesterlee says:
    OK THE VIDEO AND BUP FILE ARE 18KBS IS THIS CORRECT
    That sounds ok.

Now can you confirm what I said before about the Nero window?

gll99 says:

The Nero window should have 2 folders:

1- audio_ts ... this will be empty and sometimes may be missing

2- video_ts .. this directory is where you drag and drop all the
    buf,ifo and vob files

Do not drop the files anywhere else but the video_ts directory and don't add any other files.
    There should be no other files and folders showing in the nero window. When you click on the nero video_ts folder all your files should be there. If this is true then click on the file menu and write cd

With nero use the wizard to create the videoDVD and the 2 folders will be created for you. If you use the wizard do not drag and drop your video_ts folder, just the files that are in it otherwise you will have a video_ts folder sub_directory withing the video_ts directory.

If you still have a problem then we need to see how you created your DVD file. You may have made an error in an earlier step.

When you play the dvd folder on your hd with your software DVD player (like windvd or powerdvd) does it play ok. Are all the menus working?
    Quote Quote  
  18. gl99,
    I'm going to let you take it from here. He said in his first post he was using DVD shrink. DVD shrink is an awesome free program that takes a DVD and makes all the files you need. All he has to do is burn those files to a DVD. He doesn't need to worry about them being compliant. There are no settings in DVD shrink to mess up as far as that goes.

Good Luck
    Quote Quote  
  19. Probably not

A video file of 18KBS I think is slightly out of specs.

How did you get your files? A DVD ripp? Maybe you should delete the files you have now and start over from the begining.

Rip your files to a folder on your hard drive, then use windows explorer to look at the contents of that folder. You should have the files everyone keeps asking you about. .ifo .bup .vob
    If not, that is probably where your problem is. STOP HERE!

IF you have those in the folder THEN open nero. Video dvd mode nero will show on the left a VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders. On the right you should have what looks similar to a windows explorer window. On the right go to the folder where your DVD files are located, the .ifo .bup .vob files. Select ALL files in that folder, drag them all to the VIDEO_TS folder on the left side of nero. click burn.

That is really about all there is to it I beleave. I do not rip DVDs yet, but if you did the ripping correct the above should work and you should not get any errors. If you are ripping, then your files SHOULD be DVD compliant, and you should have all of the ones you need!
    overloaded_ide

Spambot FOOD
    Anti-Spam
    Quote Quote  
  20. gll99,
    Did I miss figure 18kbs?
    You said that's ok, I am used to figuring bit rates in 4,000-8,000 range. I take it I am confused on what 18kbs would be.
    overloaded_ide

Spambot FOOD
    Anti-Spam
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok guys all the files are there. i use dvd shrink and nero 6. when i drag the files to the video _ts folder and click burn this is when i get the error message. files not in compliance. i have re-done the movie twice and is probally mising the simplest step. i have been doing this for a while but have problems with this one thing. ok i open dvd shrink in 3.0 and it automatically resize to 4.3 gigs. i backup to a folder i make on my harddrive and just sit back for 30 minutes. when i try to burn in nero thats my problem unless i have to have a patch or something
    Quote Quote  
  22. vesterlee,
    What is the exact message? Do you get a grey box that says something about compliance and then behind that there is a box that says some files are missing? I can get a little cranky sometimes so don't take it personally.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    overloaded_ide says:
    Did I miss figure 18kbs?
    You said that's ok, I am used to figuring bit rates in 4,000-8,000 range. I take it I am confused on what 18kbs would be.
    He meant the file size is 18kb. I just ignored the "s". That could be right depending on the movie. It's not unusual. (That sounds like a song. I should copyright that)

presto says:
    DVD shrink is an awesome free program that takes a DVD and makes all the files you need. All he has to do is burn those files to a DVD. He doesn't need to worry about them being compliant. There are no settings in DVD shrink to mess up as far as that goes.
    I have to agree with you. Especially since it sounds by the number of files that it contains all the menus, trailers etc.. but compresed to fit and it wasn't reauthored.

vesterlee:

Here is my suggestion: Try a software dvd player and play it from your hd. If it plays ok with all the menus, trailers etc... then I suggest that you go ahead and ignore nero and burn the dvd anyway. If you don't want to waste a disc then go out tommorow and buy 1 dvdrw and write to that. You can always erase it if you don't like the results.

Cheers!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Try a software dvd player and play it from your hd
    You need the later version Power DVD to do this. The early versions won't work. I think it works with Power DVD 4 and Power DVD 5.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok i will try thnx guys for your patients
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it plays very good in my power dvd player on my pc
    Quote Quote  
  27. OK,
    I just downloaded DVDSHRINK, ripped an 8 gig DVD compressed to little over 4gigs in 40 minutes. Opened Nero, went to DVD Video, dragged all the files (.ifo .bup .vob) from the folder I ripped to over to the VIDEO_TS folder in nero, hit burn, and no errors! Disk is Burning now!

1x disk, takes an hour to burn it

This was a ton of files. Menu's, extra scenes, movie, soforth. about 8 gigs worth originally

I won't know if the quality is decent till the burn is done, but I just wanted to see if it worked, and it did! I think I have about 40% compresion on the main movie, so I don't expect too much for quality. But the thing is no errors!
    This is my first ripp and burn DVD backup! I expect to use it as a frisbie, with that much compresion, I don't expect to have good enough video quality to keep it. But I did a whole disk backup minus some langauges like french I didn't need.

What are you using for NERO? Ahead Nero Burning Rom, Nero Express, Nero Vision Express, what version is it?
    I used Ahead Nero Burning Rom, selected DVD Video and had no problems. I think I have something like 5.9 or 5.10

I would think if you still can't get it working without that error message look on Neros website and see if there are any related problems or patches. I heard 6 was buggy when first released, maybe you have a problem with your Nero version?

Maybe try a different DVD to backup. Or remove the programs and re-install them?
    overloaded_ide

Spambot FOOD
    Anti-Spam
    Quote Quote  
  28. Overloaded_ide,

What version of DVD shrink did you get? I recommend the latest Beta (Beta 5). It has has a function that does a deep analysis of the disk and lets you get better quality at the same compression. I don't usually use it because the quality is so good most of the time I don't need to spend the extra time but if you want to push the quality or get more on a disk it is great.
    Quote Quote  
  29. it plays very good in my power dvd player on my pc
    Vesterlee,
    When you open it in Power DVD do the menus work?
    Quote Quote  
  30. Presto,

This was my first ripp and burn. Normally I am doing captures.

I think I have the newest version, just downloaded it a few minutes ago. DVDshrink Version 2.3

I am playing the disk now, the quality is unreal! I dought I could tell the difference between the backup and the real disk if the wife or kid put it in the player and I didn't see the disk itself! Don't know if it would make a difference, but this is an animation movie. Ice Age.
    DVDshrink showed it to be 8gigs, I backup the whole disk minus french language. I have full screen/wide screen both on the disk too.

If I had known what I was doing to begin with I would have removed the widescreen and just kept the fullscreen. Could probably used less compresion and taken less time I would think.

I am wondering if vesterlee has some type of software problem, like a bad or buggy install of nero or something.
    This was my first ripp, and I burned in nero video DVD to see if I would have the problems vesterlee has had. But mine worked. His nero 6 is newer than my 5.?, also I am using Win 2k pro. Maybe he has XP?
    In any case I can't figure any reason for his problem if he is putting all his files into the VIDEO_TS folder.
    overloaded_ide

Spambot FOOD
    Anti-Spam
    Quote Quote