VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok this is rather strange.

Ritek DVD-Rs have always played fine in my G3 OS9.2. I received some Ritek DVD-R 4X that were already written using DVD Decrypter. When I put these DVDs in my G3 nothing happens for a VERY long time. The DVD does not mount, nor is it rejected (the usual message I see when I put in a DVD like a +R is "this disk is nort recognizable, do you wish to format it?" I can push eject and the DVD is ejected. However if I leave it in the G3 for an hour or so it will mount and plays fine. Any ideas what might be going on here? The DVDs play fine in my PC and stand alone player.

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    perhaps its that your drive doesnt read these 4x disks? I don't have any other suggestion than that.
    What were teh dvdr's that did work? Non 4x disks?
    Are you POSITIVE they are -R disks? If they are +R then you know why its doing that

just tossing out ideas here....
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for your answer. However they are absolutely -R DVDs, and I have no problem reading the exact same DVDs that I have written myself (Ritek DVD-R, 4X).
    Quote Quote  
  4. What burner do you have in your G3 that supports 4X disks? Are the DVDs you create written as 4X, or does your device drop to a slower speed? Perhaps the disks you were given were truly burned at 4X, which might confuse your drive. I've read, although have not tested, that 4X disks will be written as 1X in the Pioneer 2X drives.

wiliamr[/url]
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi William,

Well....the DVD-R 4X that mount without problem were all burned in a Sony DRU-500A in a PC. They burned at 4X as well using Nero.

I cannot say the same about the ones I received that don't mount. I just don't know, but will try to find out. I do know that they were copied using DVD Decrypter. On my PC this program will not burn the Ritek 4X at 4X, only 2X...but Nero 5.5 does.

Perhaps you are on to something with regard to the type of burner used. I'll check on that too.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote