VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    So what is WITH the influx of newbie idiots lately?

First it's the "DOODS I FOUND A WHACK NEW WAY TO COPY WITH DVD SHRINK! IT'S DA BOMB!" moron.

Then it was captain "can I copy protect my copied disks? I don't want my friends making copies after all the HARD WORK I put in using DVD Shrink".

WHAT IS THE DEAL LATELY? Did they let a bunch of retards out of retard school for the fall or something?

- Gurm
    Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe it's the weather? or maybe Vance is under cover? LOL
    "Terminated!" :firing:
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Gurm,

That nail got hit dead on the head.

Other than those kinds, though, I think the new "newbies" are youngsters who have just gotten new machines to go to college with, DVD burners, or players, and all.

They'll catch on, bye-m-bye, most likely by their Junior year. After all, they've been able to ask Teach questions for 12 years, but now are supposed to learn to do their own research.

Wow, a lot of the regs must have gone back to school, also. Dead around here.

Cheers,

George
    Quote Quote  
  4. We were all noob's at one time or another. Technology moves on.....
    Remember a few years ago when the usual noob question was:

How can I make a VCD that will play on my set-top player?

Patience my friend!
    Just what is this reality thing anyway?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome to broadband kiddies. Enjoy your first year at school. And learn something will ya! And not just how to drink really cheap beer!
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Village,

And what's wrong with cheap beer? It's all I drink. Well, some cheap wine, too.

I think this one is gonna be moved, too. Not really DVD to DVDR, is it. Hope I can keep track of it. Most interesting thing going, at the moment.

Cheers,

George
    Quote Quote  
  7. And what's wrong with cheap beer? It's all I drink. Well, some cheap wine, too.
    Go get yourself a 6-pack of Sierra Nevada and you will find out
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Thayne,

That's got to be a way western beer. Almost imported to me.

High priced beer, to me, is almost as bad as burning a 20 cent check (can't burn coins) every time I light a smoke.

I wouldn't enjoy it any more than the horse pee I do drink. And, after 2, they all taste the same

George
    Quote Quote  
  9. I don't mind the noobs at all. I still remember when i was a noob at this(I think I still am).

What normally gets under my craw is the umpteenth "How do I make my MPEG a DVD" thread. DID YOU EVEN TRY READING THE GUIDES first!? Or doing a forum search?! NO!!!! Lazy S.O.Bs would rather be spoon fed, than actually try and learn something.

The other thing is the "Yo dude, I need for someone to give me X information and if you don't have a constructive answer - F OFF!" You know that is probably some teenager sneaking time on dad's PC or some guy who thinks that he can make easy money botlegging DVDs and selling them to his friends.

It just gets really annoying sometimes, and you lose sight of the legitimate people that really need you help. It's then that I have to take a step back, take a deep breath and move on.

Thanks for reading my mini-rant. Love to Ma and them.....
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by gmatov
    Thayne,

That's got to be a way western beer. Almost imported to me.

High priced beer, to me, is almost as bad as burning a 20 cent check (can't burn coins) every time I light a smoke.

I wouldn't enjoy it any more than the horse pee I do drink. And, after 2, they all taste the same

George
    I'm drinking one right now and there is no comparison! Drinking bud or coors is like drinking watered down cat piss LOL

Here's my favorite!
    http://www.sierra-nevada.com/html/beers/paleale.htm

If you really want something with a punch try:
    http://www.sierra-nevada.com/html/beers/bigfoot.htm
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Moved to feedback.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Im a newbie here, by the date i joined..But i know alot about converting audio and video..I have alota of know how to share with people..And i think ive done that.
    DVD Shrink & Nero

My Dvd Burner Review Click Here Look For BASDSucks
    Quote Quote  
  13. The point I think Gurm is making is there have been a lot of dumb newbies lately. Not all newbies are idiots and they can expect to be helped if they ask questions in a reasonable and polite way.

I have no problem with newbies asking dumb questions either as long as they aren't pricks about it.....
    Quote Quote  
  14. Gurm is totally right

These guys just refuse to read the guides or do a forum search before posting.
    You stop me again whilst I'm walking and I'll cut your fv<king Jacob's off.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Gotta throw in my 2 cents. Although I understand the motivation, I disagree with Gurm's position. As long as the noob respects the rules, it's kind of a free country in these forums. The best way to have those lazy s.o.b.'s who make absolutely no attempt to help themselves move on, is to ignore them. Not insult them, flame them, or ridicule them. Yes, I too have tried to help the poster who says, "This is my first VCD, could you please tell me what software to use?" And I've subsequently had him pm me to unleash a string of bile when I dared to make some suggestions and provide him the links to the exact guides he needs to solve his problem. Well, guess what, some people are ignorant ********. You and I are not going to change them by making them feel important by starting a public flame war.

Now a couple of posts ahead of this one is one by BASDSucks. He endured a whole lot of heat in another thread because he took the time to post a guide for using DVD XCopy Xpress. I don't want us to rehash the whole thing here, but I have to believe that what he did was well intentioned. A lot of people blasted him for stating the obvious. Well, my point of view is that if you know how to use the s/w and it's so easy to use, what in the hell are you doing 1) taking the time to read a guide about it, and 2) jumping down someone's throat for doing it!

Folks, in summary, the questions and answers and opinions on these forums can't all be gems. And if it's perfection you seek, perhaps you are looking in the wrong place for it and you should also move on.

(Using real name, so you can swear at a real person)

Terry
    Quote Quote  
  16. Terry, before you go further please read this one. Tom.

Originally Posted by Diluvian
    Here is another easy way to rip VOB File. I use DVD SHRINK 2.3 to rip them. With DVD SHRINK 2.3 you don't lost any quality and if the file is big, DVD SHRINK 2.3 let you to compress it (actualy 5% to 30% compresed is still DVD quality). Remember the Special Features, Trailers, Extra Materials, etc. are VOB file to, so you rip the same way you rip the VOB file movies. DVD SHRINK 2.3 let you to re-author the VOB file and preview them when you are working with them. Also is a FREE REGION and you don't need any tutorial to learn, is so easy . Here is the bad news, DVD SHRINK 2.3 let you to re-author the VOB file (movie only) not menus . If you want the movie with menu, you have to use some program like FLASH or something to do your own menu. To burn the VOB file use NERO 6, it work great with DVD SHRINK 2.3 and in case that you are looking for a DVD Player for PC use POWER DVD 6.

-DiLuViaN_DaRKLuZ
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by tompika
    Terry, before you go further please read this one. Tom.

Originally Posted by Diluvian
    Here is another easy way to rip VOB File. I use DVD SHRINK 2.3 to rip them. With DVD SHRINK 2.3 you don't lost any quality and if the file is big, DVD SHRINK 2.3 let you to compress it (actualy 5% to 30% compresed is still DVD quality). Remember the Special Features, Trailers, Extra Materials, etc. are VOB file to, so you rip the same way you rip the VOB file movies. DVD SHRINK 2.3 let you to re-author the VOB file and preview them when you are working with them. Also is a FREE REGION and you don't need any tutorial to learn, is so easy . Here is the bad news, DVD SHRINK 2.3 let you to re-author the VOB file (movie only) not menus . If you want the movie with menu, you have to use some program like FLASH or something to do your own menu. To burn the VOB file use NERO 6, it work great with DVD SHRINK 2.3 and in case that you are looking for a DVD Player for PC use POWER DVD 6.

-DiLuViaN_DaRKLuZ
    ROTFLMAO!!! I really love the part where he says to make menus "you have to use some other program like Flash or something"!

BTW, Thayne is my real name too....
    Quote Quote  
  18. Terry!

Click on the DVD X Copy Express "guide".

That guide has been stolen from afterdawn
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=176663

Tom
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know, I'm also a big fan of DVDShrink and read that post when written hoping for something useful. I'm not saying that I would encourage this kind of post, I'm just suggesting that the person is truly trying to be helpful and not malicious. The vast majority of people who post here only post when they have something useful to say and when they are pretty sure they are correct. Others in their eagerness to be useful, perhaps to try and pay the community back for some help they received, miss the boat completely. As I said earlier, I would rather read a post like the one you quoted than a couple of the posts and pm's I've received filled with obscenities because I refused to write out a step by step process for sometning that is already covered in a guide.

Terry
    Quote Quote  
  20. I think some people are being hard on newbies here. EVERYONE was a newbie at one time. There probably was a time you did not even know the difference between mpeg1 and mpeg2. Don't bash people for not knowing things. They are here to learn them. That is what this site is about.

As for people not searching. Yeah its annoying, but how many people do you think actually search before posting? I would wager a great deal, at least 50 to one. You only hear about the people who don't. Remember that poll about a month ago? IIRC, the top choice was 70% of my questions I answer through searching, and there was about 1 in 10 people said all their questions were answered that way.
    "A beginning is the time for taking the most delicate care that the balances are correct."
    - Frank Herbert, Dune
    Quote Quote  
  21. Hats off to Morloc (Terry) for reaching out and going against what seems like the popular opinion. Mob rules eh? By my 'date', I would say that I'm an FNG not necessarily a Newbie. I've been doing this for some time but am new to the board. I don't agree with the "Idiot" part but agree that not a lot of people, old-timers included, don't take the time and research something first before posting for an answer. I think that "Lazy" would be more appropriate. Tompika does have a point that there are some pretty outragous posts out there but as an old-timer take the time and correct them. After all thats primarily what this board is about.

BTW... Pyramid Hefeweizn is the best!
    Swift Kick In The Butt $1.00

"Everybody I know needs what I'm selling!" - Calvin
    Quote Quote  
  22. I think some people are being hard on newbies here. EVERYONE was a newbie at one time.
    When I was a newbie I didn't go around acting like a prick and posting guides that someone else wrote, or post just plain obserd crap.... We're not bagging on newbies, we're bagging on *idiot* newbies.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I guess it is my fault I opened the doors on the institution, and let them out. Sorry
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Solarjetman
    I think some people are being hard on newbies here. EVERYONE was a newbie at one time. .... Don't bash people for not knowing things. They are here to learn them. That is what this site is about.
    Solarjetman -

I agree, and I try to help newbies when I can, because in a lot of areas I am still a newbie (alright, maybe I'm an enlightened amateur..)

but there is a difference between someone who, whether they searched or read the guides or not, is honestly trying to find some basic information, and someone who is a lazy chump with a chip on his shoulder. I mean, jesus, you scrolled past the rules just so you could post "my download of T3 isn't working!!!! Tell me why!!!!"?

newbies who don't read or search are one thing, but when they add attitude problems and blatant disrespect for the rules of this forum, to me, there's two words for 'em...

"open season".
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by The village idiot
    I guess it is my fault I opened the doors on the institution, and let them out. Sorry
    Well then.... Go round um up and get them home!
    I was thinking maybe the site just got listed on AOL???
    Quote Quote  
  26. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Mr. Spock,

Now, THAT one sounds really expensive.

I was just to the beer store. Talking about it made me check my supply, and it was pretty low, and I needed smokes, so went.

Got to talking to the owner (I know him pretty well) and we got to who makes what.

There are only, what, 3 or 4 national breweries? Producing hundreds of brands? They don't have hundreds of vats, each making one beer. They DO have pipes running to the different bottling stations(canning stations).

Not a nicle's worth of difference, in most cases.

Granted, there are some small breweries that have their own little quirks. And little lies, too, such as 2 locals who brag they use no sugar, so diabetics can drink it. Well, guess what? You cannot ferment anything that doesn't have sugar in it. So, you can't make beer. Or alcohol, or wine, or vinegar, or even bread.

Yeast eats sugar, and produces alcohol, and farts carbon dioxide. Period.

I think I could have been clearer above. "I" can't tell the difference 'tween 'em, anymore. They all taste like piss, and if they didn't get better after 2, I think I'd stop drinkin' it.

'Course, I'm pushin' 60. Taste buds are shot, I guess. No longer need "my" brand of smokes, either. They all taste the same, too.

Only thing still tastes good is a nice running red steak.

Cheers,

George
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You have to be nice to the idiots. I got my nice little
    yellow pillow by telling one of them he should shoot
    himself .
    Quote Quote  
  28. There are only, what, 3 or 4 national breweries?
    Sierra Nevada isn't one of them... Trust me! Go get some!
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by gmatov
    Mr. Spock,

Now, THAT one sounds really expensive.

Can be but at least its not Water!

Even if you buy the cheap stuff, its a nice break to get something with some flavor sometimes.

Now that we've completley hijacked this thread, lets help some newbies decide which beer they should drink!
    Swift Kick In The Butt $1.00

"Everybody I know needs what I'm selling!" - Calvin
    Quote Quote  
  30. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Thayne,

Believe it or not, I asked the guy about it. It's one of those that sells a few cases outside its home territory. He went on to mention some one from SNL or something on Letterman who mentioned a beer as one of the things he would want on a desert island, and next day, everybody was asking for it.

Beer is sold strictly by advertising. It may be subliminal, and I don't mean flashing 1 frame per 30 on a movie-TV screen. Show it in a movie, mention it in a forum, see someone drinking it on campus. It's all it takes.

You know, a funny thing about your local beer is it costs less the further away you buy it. I could buy our localStoney's beer for 3 bucks a case less 100 miles north at the area I camp in than here at home. They try to get a premium price from the home folk. Go figure. How you gonna keep locals loyal if it costs more than Bud or Coor's?

George

I really thought this would have gone to OT rather than Feedback. Seems like the wrong place for it, at least this half.
    Quote Quote