+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by holistic
    Originally Posted by shill66
    Hello, I am a forum newbie.

I thought I'd jump in and say that I have never had to post in any of the forums simply because I have found answers to every question I've ever had by searching and trying. I've been using the site for, well, I just looked and my original bookmark was created March 2001.

IMpressIvE - THE ForuM NeeD Mores More suCH as YouRSElf.
    I 2 l00ked for A while B4 sigNINg up. Tis' nICe to MEEt someONE who CaN aCtuaLLy rEAd and NAviGAte a WebSite (ie THis 1 and it's GuiDeS, LinKS, ToolS, CompaRiSOns etc... ) TheY arE Not thERE foR Page FilL.

:P ----------------- :P ---------------- :P

(The above line is for Doggiedaddy )
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=177522

][ ( I honestly don't know how I magaged the above text ! )
    Isn't it a bitch to type in a non-standard way? Which can only mean that you've encountered the thing down in OT
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Shill,
    Ask away. You will get some sarcastic remarks, but you will get help, also.

Thayne,

Absolutely, again.They tell you to F***off, f 'em. They deserve absolutely no consideration. Did I mention, they are coming here for help, we did not seek them out?

Hey, you want help, at least keep a civil tongue in your mouth. And don't expect an answer 15 minutes later, some people do have a life, and a job,outside the forum.

George
    Quote Quote  
  3. Isn't it a bitch to type in a non-standard way? Which can only mean that you've encountered the thing down in OT
    I wasn't going to say anything, but since you brought it up I think it looks dumb... To each his own I guess...
    "Terminated!" :firing:
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm pretty sure it was meant to annoy.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by The village idiot
    I'm pretty sure it was meant to annoy.
    It worked!
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
  6. This is what you do when you are burning disks. Gotta do something while the disks burn.
    Thank goodness for 1x disks

I suppose we can also learn when we try to help others sometimes.
    In trying to find why something would not work, I discovered I can ripp disks now too!! Just did my first ripp and burn!

Just downloaded DVDshrink, ripped about an 8gig disk, used high compression and did the whole disk (minus french) onto a DVD -r with nero. Gee I figured with that much compression it would be used as a frisbie latter for bad quality, but NOOOO, it actually looks GOOD! Playing it now.
    Even have fullscreen, widescreen on the same disk still. I dought I could tell the difference between the backup and the real thing!

However, since it worked so well and easy for me, I didn't find an answer to why it would not work the same way for some-one else, which is what I was actually trying to do.
    overloaded_ide

Spambot FOOD
    Anti-Spam
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by shill66

I can easily understand how frustrating it can be for newbies to want answers handed to them, but it's impossible to know how hard they've tried before asking.
    true, but the attitude of the poster makes a difference - even if I didn't know you were a poster over at the Invasion of the B's board, I'd still know that you are an intelligent, respectful poster who knows how to behave on a forum, because it comes through in your post.

the same way that laziness, arrogance and a bad attitude shine through many other newbies' posts.
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yo flaninacupboard shiner means black eye, yes, it ALSO means (in slang) to become physically aroused so that it becomes evident to those around you, i.e to have an erection! therefore shiner and topless women should go together like peaches and cream.

:P I saved myself some grief by not reading all the intervening posts. :P
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by K2

I have given up on DVDRhelp.com being useful.

I personally find it very helpfull. And mabey I ask some dumb questions, but after reading through 50 post for the answer to my question and still not finding the answer (although I usually learn more in the process) My eyes get tired and i ask in the forum.

Oh ya, thought I would say something about beer too, when i was in school, and now too, I just made my own beer. It was the best beer on campus, the cheapest too. It only took a couple bottles and you were feeling pretty good, sometimes too good.

Grant
    Quote Quote