VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone?

Hey look!

*Yeah its a fake itunes program, but it plays mp3s and makes me wonder how much longer...
    Quote Quote  
  2. There is no release date for the PC. Steve Jobs said that there will be iTunes for the PC "by the end of the year". My guess is we'll see it in early Novemember. But, that is just my guess. No evidence points to that.
    "A beginning is the time for taking the most delicate care that the balances are correct."
    - Frank Herbert, Dune
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been waiting, so I can finally start rebuilding my mp3 collection. I've been waiting for a good pay service to come out, ever since Napster was supposed to go legal.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Lots of new relseases coming out soon on the mac end for september, so I wouldnt be surprised to see it around that time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

Beta 1.1
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    someone has a LOT of time on thier hands!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by galactica
    someone has a LOT of time on thier hands!
    That one only took about 15min total.

Plus it was fun.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To anyone who uses/owns a mac:

The itunes are in that ac3 format, or something, right? Does the ipod support the format? My wife has an old ibook and I've been thinking about just running itunes from there and porting them to an ipod.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    buymusic was all over the news as a legal alternative.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks! Looks pretty good, so far.

Nevermind. There's a limit to how many times a song can be transferred. I don't like the idea of the file not working, when the limit is up.

Originally Posted by dougry
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mrtristan
    Thanks! Looks pretty good, so far.

Nevermind. There's a limit to how many times a song can be transferred. I don't like the idea of the file not working, when the limit is up.

Originally Posted by dougry
    Oh..
    Never looked into it. When the RIAA went after Kazaa I went to blubster.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by mrtristan
    To anyone who uses/owns a mac:

The itunes are in that ac3 format, or something, right? Does the ipod support the format? My wife has an old ibook and I've been thinking about just running itunes from there and porting them to an ipod.
    Yes ipods do I believe the format is called aac and can reproduce the same quality at 64kbps as mp3 at 128kbps.
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hahaha, it's funny because it's true! that paper clip is such a smug ****!!

Although, it does beg the question, how did TGPO get him on a MAC? is MS Office available for MAC?

the format is called aac and can reproduce the same quality at 64kbps as mp3 at 128kbps.
    Debatable! I'm preparing some files for comparison between PCM MP3 and WMA at the mo, once i've some webspace sorted people can download them and try and guess which file is which. I'll do AAC as well if there's enough interest.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Although, it does beg the question, how did TGPO get him on a MAC? is MS Office available for MAC?
    To answer your questions Yes Office comes for Mac, but the screenshot in question is of my PCs desktop. I suspect google image search was involved here for the Clipy picture, but thats just a guess.

On AAC, the version of AAC Apple is using is based off of MPEG4, the same MPEG4 that came make DVD Quality video at lower bit rates then Mpeg2. I've heard a 192 MP3 compaired to a 128AAC and was quite happy with what I heard, I left 128 a long time ago when I started noticing the quality wasn't as high as I thought one I upgraded to some good sound equipment.

One more thing, yes the iPod supports AAC files off of iTunes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is a MS Office for the mac, which includes Word, but I just put two images from google images together to make him. I obviously added the type myself, as well as the bottom button.
    Quote Quote