VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to convert some avi files to MPEG for VCD burning. When I convert the files with Tmpgenc the output has no sound.
    The source file 25 fps XVID Mpeg-4. The audio is AC3 DVM.
    Tmpgenc didn't give any errors when converting so I tired using virtualdub. When I convert with Virtualdub it say 'No audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format'.
    Any thoughs on what I'm missing?

Thanks,
    1000watts
    Quote Quote  
  2. You're not missing anything. It's the ac3 audio giving you the problem. Convert it to a wav audio with goldwave and use that for the audio input in v dub or TMPG.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I believe you are missing the right version of Virtual Dub. Try Virtual Dub mod, and give it another shot.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  4. do you also have the AC3 Filter installed as you will need this for ac3 audio.
    Yes goldwave is easy to use for converting ac3 to wave .

Stomped
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, I do have the AC3 filers loaded. I guess I'll try goldwave and see how it works. I'm just afraid I'll start seeing sync. problems that others have posted on.
    What's the best way to avoid sync problems? In the past I've created chapters on VCDs about every 90 seconds. This seems to help. I was wondering if there's a better way to avoid the sync problems to begin with.

Thanks,
    1000watts
    Quote Quote