VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey ok this is my problem recently bought a nec dvd writer 1300A im sure it records both dvd/cds but my windows media player and nero cant seem to recognise it why is that??
    how can i make windows media or nero recognise it so i can make cd-rs
    thanks for help i appreciate it
    later
    joe
    Staind // 14 Shades Of Grey // Buy It
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't know if your pc detects the drive at all. If it doesn't make sure you have the jumper settings set to master or slave (depending on where the drive is on the ide cable).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You may have to screw around with the ASPI layer. There are a few posts here that describe the process. Or maybe you burner does not work?

At any rate, I have a Samsung CDRW that will not be seen without screwing with the ASPI layer. I have to run adaptec 4.60 to make the burner usable.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by joestaind
    hey ok this is my problem recently bought a nec dvd writer 1300A im sure it records both dvd/cds but my windows media player and nero cant seem to recognise it why is that??
    how can i make windows media or nero recognise it so i can make cd-rs
    thanks for help i appreciate it
    later
    joe
    Does it show up in control panel ?
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote