VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can't beat that price. I wonder who makes it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. It must be an OEM BenQ DW400A. I haven't seen any reviews or comments about it so I don't know if it's good or not.
    Quote Quote  
  3. That BenQ has 8MB buffer

This Ultra has 4MB
    You stop me again whilst I'm walking and I'll cut your fv<king Jacob's off.
    Quote Quote  
  4. www.newegg.com has the NEC duel burner for $160.00 I think that's a better deal
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by spiderman2k1
    www.newegg.com has the NEC duel burner for $160.00 I think that's a better deal
    it's only $135 here http://avlogic.com/product.cgi?code=18030059
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Bob W
    Originally Posted by spiderman2k1
    I've purchased from AVlogic before. No problems for those that are concerned. I've been suprised more than once at their prices.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by next
    Originally Posted by Bob W
    Originally Posted by spiderman2k1
    I've purchased from AVlogic before. No problems for those that are concerned. I've been suprised more than once at their prices.
    Yeah I bought the NEC 1100a DVD burner from them and it was delivered two days later.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by tompika
    That BenQ has 8MB buffer

This Ultra has 4MB
    Could be a typo or they only put in a 4 MB buffer in the OEM version. With most writers only having 2 MB buffer it's not a big deal. The retail version of BenQ DW400A sells for $179 at the same place so $99 is a good deal for this 4x DVD+RW writer if you don't need a dual format writer.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I got this Benq drive from tigerdirect.com. I have burned a couple discs and they are all good. Still waiting for the $20 rebate though. Wonder if this rebate deal is reliable or not. One thing I would like to do with this drive is to set the compatibility bit so that I can change dvd+r/rw to dvd-rom but as of now, I don't think that is possible. Any suggestion, solution?
    Quote Quote  
  10. I dont think either

BTW could you post the Drive Info and some Media Infos (a blank one and a burned one) please.
    You stop me again whilst I'm walking and I'll cut your fv<king Jacob's off.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That link in the original post now takes me to a tigerdirect.com page with 3 DVD burners for $99.97 each.
    HP DVD200i (recertified)
    NEC ND1100
    Toshiba SD R5002

Also, they have a Memorex burner (recertified) with Nero Software for $109.99.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Inherently dishonest people (like salesmen) like
    to chage words here and there. Recertified is USED is it not ?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Here is the drive info using DiscInfo

DISCINFO VERSION : 1.5.0.7
    VENDOR : ATAPI
    MODEL : DVD+RW 4X4X12
    REVISION : B1GY
    VENDOR SPECIFIC : SNAPMAIN0304112013
    LOADING MECHANISM : Tray
    SERIAL NUMBER : SNAPMAIN0304
    NUMBER VOL. LEVELS : 2
    BUFFER SIZE : 8192KB
    INTERFACE : ATAPI
    RPC2 SCHEME : YES
    USER CHANGES : 5
    VENDOR CHANGES : 4
    CURRENT REGION : Not set
    ANALOG AUDIO PLAY : YES
    COMPOSITE OUTPUT : NO
    DIGITAL PORT-PORT1 : YES
    DIGITAL PORT-PORT2 : NO
    READ UPC CODE : YES
    MULTISESSION READ : YES
    MODE 2 FORM 1 : YES
    MODE 2 FORM 2 : YES
    READ ISRC CODE : YES
    READ BAD CODE : NO
    BUFFER UNDER-RUN : YES
    MT. RAINIER : NO
    CAN READ CDR : YES
    CAN READ CDRW : YES
    CAN READ CDRM2 : YES
    CAN WRITE CDR : YES
    CAN WRITE CDRW : YES
    CAN TEST WRITE : YES
    CAN READ DVD-ROM : YES
    CAN READ DVD-R : YES
    CAN READ DVD-RW : YES
    CAN READ DVD-RAM : NO
    CAN READ DVD+R : YES
    CAN READ DVD+RW : YES
    CAN WRITE DVD-R : NO
    CAN WRITE DVD-RW : NO
    CAN WRITE DVD-RAM : NO
    CAN WRITE DVD+R : YES
    CAN WRITE DVD+RW : YES
    MAX CDR READ SPEED : 40
    MAX CDR WRITE SPEED: 16
    Quote Quote  
  14. I am not able to get the media info with this drive using DVDinfo(blank or burned). DvdInfo just displays a lot of dots.

Can someone tell me how to upload an image. I got a snapshot of Dvdinfo but when I tried to upload it according to the upload image instruction, it did not work. I was uploading from my c: drive.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The trick is to Browse to the file, but don't put the whole file
    pathname in between the IMG tags. just put filename without
    folder names.
    Quote Quote  
  16. the NEC is on sale at livewarehouse for 120 $
    Baskaran Swamiappan
    Englewood,CO
    baskis@gmail.com
    Quote Quote  
  17. The trick is to Browse to the file, but don't put the whole file
    pathname in between the IMG tags. just put filename without
    folder names
    Thanks Foo

And here are the snapshot

Like I said, I could not read the media id using this drive. And also Dvdinfo can not read a blank disc. I have to use my Pioneer 105 to read the media id if I need to know the media id.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you have to pay extra for all the commands to work
    Quote Quote  
  19. I have this drive. I burned a few movies with it fine. I had to reformat my computer and now the drive sees all DVD media as a 1.99 GB Audio CD. Blank dvd+r and RW, and the previously burned dvd+R that I did. These work fine on another computer and also the standalone. So far all of the help that I have gotten from BENQ is to install WIN DVD, sich I already had on the system. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, to no avail. Basically it is useless to me unless I can figure out how to fix it or if BENQ gives me something else to try. Has this happened to anyone, and if so how did you fix it? I already have aperfectly good CD RW. I want to mainly use this to copy my video tape to DVD but I cannot do anything with it now. Thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FOO
    Inherently dishonest people (like salesmen) like
    to chage words here and there. Recertified is USED is it not ?
    Yes, but that would be the Tiger way :P Once you understand that they buy large amounts of remanufactured/recertified goods, then you never get surprised by their deals.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by psigna
    I have this drive. I burned a few movies with it fine. I had to reformat my computer and now the drive sees all DVD media as a 1.99 GB Audio CD. Blank dvd+r and RW, and the previously burned dvd+R that I did. These work fine on another computer and also the standalone. So far all of the help that I have gotten from BENQ is to install WIN DVD, sich I already had on the system. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, to no avail. Basically it is useless to me unless I can figure out how to fix it or if BENQ gives me something else to try. Has this happened to anyone, and if so how did you fix it? I already have aperfectly good CD RW. I want to mainly use this to copy my video tape to DVD but I cannot do anything with it now. Thanks for any help.
    I have no idea why that happened and I really don't know what to tell you. As a suggestion, install the latest firmware and see if that will solve your problem or move your benq to another computer to see if the problem is your computer or your benq.
    Quote Quote