VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Im just wondering if i can downgrade my firmware from 1.41 to any lower firmware for my a04. All i see on firmware page is downgrade from 1.40 only.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Check the link below out. This site has a lot of older firmware for the A04 as well as hacked versions to allow 2x burning on 1x media. Please note that flashing firmware is not recommended unless you have a specific problem with the drive that flashing the firmware might address. Just remember "If it's not broke don't fix it." I've heard of cases where flashing the drives firmware made the drive inoperable, so do so at your own risk! One more thing to note is in order to flash a drive's firmware backwards you will need to use a hacked firmware updating program. This program can also be found at the link listed below. Make sure you read all the instruction's very carefully before attempting a firmware update. I believe that some of these firmware upgrades only work on drives that came out of the box with a certain firmware version on them. Attempting to update your drive with the wrong firmware version could kill your drive, so be very very careful and read the instructions carefully. GOOD LUCK!!!

http://www.dvd-recordable.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=vie...download&sid=1
    Quote Quote  
  3. Still wondering if theres any hack to downgrade from 1.41 only. Not talking about any other firmware 1.31 or 1.40 or watever. I just specifically ask if theres tool to downgrade from 1.41 ONLY.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by wazzzaaa
    Still wondering if theres any hack to downgrade from 1.41 only. Not talking about any other firmware 1.31 or 1.40 or watever. I just specifically ask if theres tool to downgrade from 1.41 ONLY.
    Originally Posted by KTH
    One more thing to note is in order to flash a drive's firmware backwards you will need to use a hacked firmware updating program.
    The hacked update program flashes backwards from any rev to any older rev, you need the binary of the older FW you want to flash to. Does that make sense?
    Quote Quote  
  5. hi people i need some help
    i done a stupid thing a downloaded pioneer dvr 104 firmware version 1.41
    i dont know how to flash i cant find any downgrades for 1.41
    i cant even burn cdrs is there any one out there nice enough to give me clear steps on how to downgrade or flash to a lower version thanks in advance
    Quote Quote